TGT: The Broken Clues

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 8:07 AM
How DID this game get through? I assume that BFG doesn't do beta testing on every game, but I know that they do in-house testing. Odds are the QA person who tested this one is a male in his 20s with excellent eyesight (and possibly not somebody who has worked for BFG very long).

Perhaps the pressure of "well we have to have SOME new game for tomorrow - what do we have?" meant offering us the best of a bunch of bad choices?

edit: I wouldn't peg it as the obvious "worst game ever" though. I work in the industry, remember? I've seen some real clunkers.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 8:09:30 AM PST

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 1, 09 8:08 AM
Add me to the list who are boycotting games with no relaxed mode. Game makers will eventually all get the message. I'm also boycotting games that are insultingly short.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 1, 09 8:10 AM
I've thought the same thing, Angel LordCalvan, that it has to be tough sometimes to find a decent game every single day. So I don't get upset at BFG for offering any games. I do get upset with game makers that are slow to connect with a good portion of their customers who don't like timers, however.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 8:11:49 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 8:11 AM
slm1948 wrote:Add me to the list who are boycotting games with no relaxed mode. Game makers will eventually all get the message. I'm also boycotting games that are insultingly short.

It's hard to tell whether a game is insultingly short without buying it, unless you can manage to finish it before the demo hour finishes. That was the main problem with Haunted Hotel 2; we didn't know that there was no randomization, and that the game was far too short, until after purchasing it.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 1, 09 8:13 AM
Shame on me, I guess. If anyone hints that a game might be too short, I wait for people to buy it and let us all know.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 8:13 AM
I bet Picman argued with this developer about putting in a no timer option, just like he argued with the other one, back when he started that thread asking us about timers in HO games. But if the developer refuses to add a feature, there's not much BFG can do short of refusing to release the game after all, right?

[Post New]by GreyWolfie on Feb 1, 09 8:16 AM
well BFG,

from what I can see I think the Votes are in worst game is Broken clue's ..second place goes to Haunted Hotel Two the Lie they speak of in the title (is that the game is really bad) ...they say all things come in three's lets break that curse and not do a 3 okay ...I like other own a lot of the good HO games and I personally still try to beat my time on Return to Ravenhearst all the time ..personally think it would make a great movie but that's me.

so close this forum and lets move to the next game like Pen said
GreyWolfie

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 1, 09 8:20 AM
I played the FULL 60 minutes of the Demo just to give it a chance. I think this is about the first time I couldn't wait for the 60 minutes to be up! (Yes, I know I could have stopped at any time and deleted it) This game was horrible! The items were so hard to find and the time was ridiculous, not mentioning the 3 second penalty! The only good thing about the Demo was when it was over and I deleted it.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Feb 1, 09 8:26 AM
After two downloads, I still couldn't get past the "enter your name" screen.
I think this was my quickest delete of any TGT.

aoakley455
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Feb 1, 09 8:36 AM
Didn't even get to try this game. Tried twice, both times I got the "this program is not responding" so I ended it. Doesn't look like I'm missing anything from all the negative reviews. It is now uninstalled, not worth it if it's not a good game and it isn't going to work.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Feb 1, 09 8:37 AM
Woohoo Angel Lord - congrats!

Thanks for the heads up, think I'm going to pass too. I'm in the sort of mood where the game really would have to grab my interest to try it so maybe it's not this one.

[Post New]by 178abf9 on Feb 1, 09 8:57 AM
dwirth1 wrote:I am having the same problem.....but stupid me I bought the game....now what do I do?
It has to be a glitch? Any suggestions? Will they give me a refund?
BFG stands by the games and i am certain will be hearing alot from people who bought it or just played the demo..it was a horrible game..the name broken fits pretty good..

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 9:05 AM
Do contact customer support if you buy a game and then decide no it's really not worth buying. If you explain your reasons well, they will remove it from your purchase history, and give you a game coupon to buy something else instead.

[Post New]by ladytee20019 on Feb 1, 09 9:19 AM
I didn't get a chance to play the demo, I also got the black screen. Thank goodness for forums, I will not waste my time on this one.

k8edidnt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by k8edidnt on Feb 1, 09 9:25 AM
How sad is this story. Coyote's Tale: bought and cursor went crazy. Got help from BFG support and computer went crazy. So bored I bought Shopping Spree (how sad is that?). Today I tried Broken Clues and I swear I couldn't even make out what most of the objects were and found 1 difference in the spot the differences part. I don't mind the timers because it adds a challenge to dumb games but this was a joke. I love BFG but the last few HOs have been bummers.

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Feb 1, 09 12:31 PM
This game made my computer hang. After reading all the comments I am not too sad that I was unable to play even the demo.

hedder777
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Do not buy: The Broken Clues game

[Post New]by hedder777 on Feb 1, 09 12:38 PM
Wow, worst game I have ever played here on BFG, and I have probably close to 100+ HO games, so I should know. The clues did not look anything like they were supposed to; very hard to even locate, only 5 minutes of time to look for items that you cannot find. I agree Ynibor....TWO THUMBS DOWN.

hedder777
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Do not buy: The Broken Clues game

[Post New]by hedder777 on Feb 1, 09 12:39 PM
Wow, worst game I have ever played here on BFG, and I have probably close to 100+ HO games, so I should know. The clues did not look anything like they were supposed to; very hard to even locate, only 5 minutes of time to look for items that you cannot find. I agree Ynibor....TWO THUMBS DOWN.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Feb 1, 09 12:40 PM
julie242 wrote:I played 30 minutes of the demo of this - is there anyone out there who would buy it??? probably the worst HO game I've ever played

My sentiments exactly!!

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Feb 1, 09 1:19 PM
I agree. Very boring, music annoying, and very hard to find items. Not enjoyable at all. Felt like a punishment.

Go to: