ladypenguin
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:The Broken Clues - Developers

[Post New]by ladypenguin on Feb 1, 09 6:35 PM
Loved the poem and I totally agree. I really wanted to play a game but could I only stand this one for 30 minutes.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 6:42 PM
There are now three threads about this game on the boards. ALL reviews, except for one who thought the game "challenging", were negative. I hope BFG gets the message and pulls this one. Happy BFGaming, y'all!
M

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 1, 09 7:36 PM

Five thumbs down for Broken Clues!!! This game should be nominated as worst HO game of the year..or decade? I finished it..because I paid good money for it and I hate wasting good money. But sheeeeeesh! C'mon BFG...please read these comments from your loyal customers. I would rather wait a week for a GOOD game than one so pathetic as this one. Hey, I'm not predjudiced, I'm not a bigot. I'm not a "Nationalist", I'm not anything but a gamer who expects well developed games, but where on EARTH did you find this game? I've been buying wonderful games from BFG for years. I worked with Tech Support when I had problems, and never asked for a game credit until I absolutely KNEW a game wouldn't or couldn't work, which wasn't really that often. But this game..I'm sorry, I would really like a credit for another game. It was not worth the time to download. Please guys..take "Broken Clues" away. Don't let any more of your loyal customers down. Thank you...
I still Luv BFG..just disappointed. Abby

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 7:38 PM
I aint being mean or anything here but I'm curious as to why you paid for the game?
I knew within 10 minutes I didn't like it. Didn't buy it.
So am just curious.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 7:38 PM
Just curious, Abby, if you didn't like the trial, what made you buy it?
M

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 1, 09 7:54 PM
I hate to be a big bummer, but, could we please say timer optional? I like to play it both ways. I would be disappointed if all of them starting coming out with no timers ... to me, that would be just as bad as not having the option to turn the timer off.

BTW this game is really disappointing beyond the timer which is ridiculous.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 7:57 PM
cpt, I agree. I sometimes like to go back and play with a timer. But even if this had timer option, I wouldn't like it. It's stressful and I certainly don't need more stress what with the financial crisis and other crazy carp going on. I play to relax and "get away" from the real life problems, not to give myself eyestrain lol

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 1, 09 7:58 PM
You're not being even a little bummer imo Cptduzer I, too prefer to have a timer; gives me something to shoot for. Seems like compared to the enormity of creating a whole game making it optional would be relatively easy.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 8:03 PM
Still, having the option of playing without the timer if you wish gives slower players a fighting chance, not that I am one!
M

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 1, 09 8:09 PM
Bravo Celeryhart. I agree. This game stunk on ice.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Feb 1, 09 8:11 PM
i ONLY AVE ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS GAME

IT SUCKS THE BIG FIN

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 8:14 PM
looloo don't hold back tell us how you REALLY feel! rofl!

[Post New]by BettyBoop171 on Feb 1, 09 8:27 PM
This is the first time I have ever responded on here. I love Big Fish games but this is the first time I have been officially disgusted. Not just for what everyone else is saying but for the fact that I actually purchased this game and this has been the first time I purchased a game(because I had no more club credits but hey 6.99 for a game, I'm thinking oh what they hey) but I completed the game in less than 2 hours. Come on! None of the other games I have played have ended so quickly. I feel so totally cheated. I am definately considering telling them(Big Fish) that I feel totally cheated out of my 6.99. What do you guys think? I mean really, it is us the ones who subscribe who should be looked out for, right? This was the worst game I have ever played and I know 6.99 is not a lot of money but I do know that I should at least have more than just 2 hours of enjoyment from a game. I know that I got way more than that from other games that I have played here on Big Fish. thanks for listening

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 8:32 PM
hi betty welcome.
Well all I can tell you is that I could never have finished this game in 2 hours. Maybe your eyes are younger than mine! LoL
Sorry you were unhappy with your purchase. You can try clickin on the cust. serv. link to the right bottom of this page. Then email and politely explain your problem and politely request an exchange. BFG doesn't normally give refunds per se, I don't think. They usually will give you a new game though.
Happy gaming and better luck on your next one!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 1, 09 8:35 PM
Just got this game today... wish I had played the demo first. It seems we are getting some really bad games with translation problems. I want to be able to get the cd's for my granddaughter but she is only 9 and I don't want to totally confuse her on how to speak the English language. This game sucked!

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 8:36:31 PM PST

[Post New]by BettyBoop171 on Feb 1, 09 8:35 PM
Thank you Suzanne and I know but this is the first time that I have been unhappy with a big fish game. I have purchased a lot of them. I'm on my like 14th game and seriously this is a first. Thank you for the kind words and I will try.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 8:53 PM
you're most welcome betty. please call me Suz

good luck and hope you get a resolution that's satisfactory!
BFG support opens at 9am (i think). It may take a few days to return your email though so please be patient!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 8:57 PM
welcome fireeyes!
Sorry you bought the game and didn't like it. But lesson learned, yes?
I got burned a time or two that way also. Just goes to show ya can't judge a game by the screenshots! LoL
Maybe BFG will help you out if you ask them!
Good luck and hope your next game is better!

[Post New]by BettyBoop171 on Feb 1, 09 9:09 PM
Suz,
Thanks for all your responses. I contactaced customer support and the only thing I can hope for is that they give me a credit but I am not going to take this lying down. It is the principle of the thing, lol, you know. I am not so pissed about not having a game that I don't like but more with the fact of how shor it was, you know what I mean? I have played many of games that I did not particularly like but at least they lasted for a couple of days, lol, you know what I mean? How could they put out something that would only take a couple of hours to complete? That is not good and that is definately not money for your dollor. Are they serious? They know what is going on right now with this economy. They need to keep people in this economy spending. Don't mean to go on. Take care and than k you once again for communicating. It is real nice.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 9:14 PM
Hehe Betty. Spend any time in this forum and you'll see we all communicate well. Sometimes TOO well.
Anyway, if I may?
I wouldn't be too hard on BFG, they're real good about providin' great service. Usually if you just ask, they'll fix it. No need for demandin' or anythin' like that.
Just givin' ya my opinion, not tryin' to be mean or whatever!

Matter of fact, I wrote em once about somethin' that was not a problem, just I wondered about somethin' and they sent me TWO coupons. So like I said before just nicely explain your dissatisfaction and I'm sure they'll take care of you!

Glad to have you here and if you go to the cafe drinks and food are on my tab!
Just tell 'em I'm buyin' yours!

Go to: