Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Reviews for Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Jun 14, 12 5:46 AM
I take my hat off to these guys! Awesome game - fun, original - so well produced. LONG! The extras were terrific - I even stayed for the credits - and the making of...great soundtrack. Yes....thank you for your 'million hours without sleep' - worth every second!! One of my favourite games and have recommended it to other gamers with similar tastes.

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Jun 29, 12 11:58 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I loved the art deco graphics which were excellent. I made sure to pause in each scene and look around to appreciate the attention to detail. I didn't think the graphics were blurry at all. The flashing lights didn't bother me, I really didn't even notice them, but I can see where someone else might be bothered. I thought the story line was pretty well developed although the family dynamic needed filling out. It was hard not to feel a bit sorry for the villain. I wish I could explain more here, but I don't want to give it away.

The HOS were clear and bright and pretty easy so you can move on in the game. I particularly like this in the demo. since it's irritating to waste demo. time on hazy or dark, difficult to see HOS. There were "two steps" finds in every one and I think those are fun. The puzzles were okay in general. Some were pretty easy and some were long and a little confusing. The only fault I can find in the game is that there was not enough instruction about how the game was played. I had to access the Guide a few times to find out how the puzzle worked.

The game took me a good while to play because of all the different types of very well done movie sets to visit. I liked the bonus chapter. I'm very stingy about buying CEs, but this one was very worth the money.

One thing, though. There is an important part of the plot that is more adult than kids need to know about and some scenes that could be disturbing for kids as well, but maybe that's just me. I'd limit this to my teenagers.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 3, 12 11:20 AM
Demo didn't make the cut for me, pun intended. Everywhere you try to go, "Dad loved his inventions; dad loved his cards; dad loved his [insert whatever item prevents you from actually going anywhere}."

And this the second game in a row where someone had to search for a doorbell button to get inside a building. In the other game the door actually opened on its own accord when the button was pushed. In this game, at least a person opened the door, but did the daughter not ever hear of KNOCKING on a door when the doorbell is broken?

Having a hard time lately finding games that really grab me. Is it just me or are games getting to be a lot of same old, same old?

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Jul 3, 12 1:17 PM
I bought this game as a Buy one get one free deal for CE I enjoy long lasting games and this one has taken me 3 days already. This one of those play more than once games. I don't regret having bought this sight unseen. It's cool but a little Newish for new devs. I'm sure they'll read these comments to develop even better games. I would suggest on buying it. It's worth it.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jul 17, 12 3:46 PM
Final review after playing the game and the bonus game: Overall, excellent. The art style was gorgeous. It looked like someone put a lot of time and love into the look of the game. The musical score was nicely varied, which cuts down on the monotony you normally get with these games. I also really enjoyed the mini-games, which were variable in type and difficulty and not just rehashes of the Same Old Thing. I was able to complete all of them without a single skip. I was also able to complete all the H-O scenes without hints. It was a very nicely put-together game.

Quibbles: The mixture of live actors and animations was, frankly, weird. The animated characters' lips in no way synched to the words, and it was so distracting that I ended up turning the voices off entirely. The live actors, too, looked really out of place against the game backgrounds, and there was some pretty terrible miming when they had to interact with game elements. I don't understand why the game's makers made the choices they did with the characters. I dislike live actors in these games in general (with a few exceptions), but I'd sooner have had all live-action than the way they did it. And what was up with the cigar-chomping adolescent? Seriously, he was hilariously awful.

Also, the pov character got really annoying in the bonus game. I understand that her half-sister is a loony who killed their father and tried to kill them. That's enough to create any amount of inter-sibling tension. However, the way she constantly referred to the half-sister as "scullery maid" and "half-breed" was less "I'm very upset with her actions" and more "I'm a complete and total snob who'd have forgiven her except for the fact that she's soooo low-class." It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Those things aside, it was an excellent game. I look forward to the inevitable sequel. I'd advise the game makers to get someone who's not in his teens to chomp the cigar, though.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 29, 12 6:31 PM
I played the demo and between this and another disided to buy this one...but was a little disappointed. I thought it was too busy - like the flashing lights and too many cutscenes and I turned off the music which I always do. I thought the bonus was way too short and was rather disappointed. I don't think it's really worth a CE price.

[Post New]by pjkalamaja on Sep 2, 12 4:38 PM
wow i loved this game more than the hidden mysteries series even very fun not frustratingly hard i have all acievements now except 10 hour one

[Post New]by Toni116 on May 11, 13 5:53 AM
OMG I just loved this game. Hope to see a sequel . I have to say this is one of the best games I've played. Good JOB!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 7, 13 7:09 AM
Game In Brief & Bonus Content Review

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

The first thing that hits you upon playing this game is, appropriately, its CINEMATIC QUALITY. You never lose sight of the fact that this game is a WORK OF ART, specifically, a WORK OF ART DECO. The breathtaking scope and authenticity overshadows all other aspects of the game, yet they are not shabby either.

A quick look at the BONUS CONTENT below will give you an idea of just how LONG & COMPLEX this game is, as well as being CLEVERLY designed.

The HO SCENES are BEAUTIFULLY DRAWN with NO ANACHRONISMS that I could spot. They are of the INTERACTIVE LIST type, and are visited TWICE.

The PUZZLES, and there are OODLES of them, range from extremely SIMPLE to VERY CHALLENGING.

There is a JOURNAL which includes a TASK LIST, FATHER’S DIARY, and a INTERACTIVE MAP. And by the time you find the map, chances are you’ll be needing it just to get around the mansion, its grounds and the studio lots. Unfortunately, it’s not a jump map.

COLLECTIBLES include 20 photos, 10 playing cards, 10 lights, and a MYSTERY COLLECTIBLE. Plenty of ACHIEVEMENTS as well, some the usual, some really odd.

The STORY is COMPELLING, although it may seem unoriginal to start. Soon, the mysteries deepen and the price of failure is increased.

This is a PREMIUM QUALITY game.

Bonus Content List

*Strategy Guide *16 replayable HOS *33 replayable PUZZLES *ART, including 12 WALLPAPERS, CONCEPT ART, 13 MOVIES & 24 MUSIC tracks. *PHOTOS & a MAKING OF movie, about the development team

BONUS CHAPTER – all NEW LOCATIONS. The story forms an optional epilogue.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 14, 13 8:08 PM
wow this was a great game. loved the graphics/artwork and the storyline kept me busy.. This is one of the longest games I have ever played and a great bonus chapter as well.

I don't know why I didn't play this game last year when I purchased it. Must have gotten lost lol. Cant wait to start their new CE after a rest.

Happy game day

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on May 12, 14 10:03 AM
I bought this game when it came out but just now got around to playing it. I thought it was one of the best I've ever played. The art deco style is so well done. I wish I could really visit the mansion. The movie sets were a great idea! I also liked the fact that the rain (so well done) was continued when you went back out of the mansion or the movie sets. Visually, one of the best for my money.

I thought the hos scenes were well done if a little easy. They were suited to each location and not just the usual junk pile of objects. I also enjoyed the mini-games. Some I hadn't seen before and I was able to solve them with a little work. I thought the actors were fine and thought they did a good job. The music is very important to me and can add a lot the the atmosphere of the game. I don't turn it off unless it gets too repetitious during a mini-game and then I turn it back up.

I thought this game was well worth the cost, even at regular game club price but like most others I have to wait for a sale. I do have the two sequels to this and I hope they are as enjoyable as this one was. Just loved everything about the game!

Go to: