BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 5, 12 11:55 AM
CiChDa wrote:After reading all this...I guess I won't be trying/purchasing this game. Anyone know if there is an update?

I doubt it CiChDa, otherwise it would be up on the forum here.

I'd like to know if BF even contacted the Game Developers, and told them about ALL the tech. problems we're having?

I bought the game also (the demo played ok), but afterwards, the game stopped loading at the Loading page (where that white design turns red). Then I have to C,A,D...to exit out.
I'm working with a tech guy now, but the updated driver for my computer is only for mouse problems. So now I'll probably have to take the game credits in return for a game I'm not able to play. And I REALLY wanted to play this game.

It HAS to be the game, if there are others with the same problem(s). Just like with the other games that have problems. I'm stopping here now, cause all this does, is upsetting me
Watch.....there probably won't be a reply to this....seems like our game problems goes unnoticed after a few days of being posted.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 3, 12 7:49 PM
I have the same problem with the screen resolution. Never had that problem before, but I don't like windowed mode. I'm glad I tried the game first, then checked the forum for tech issues. A no buy for me in windowed mode

[Post New]by peggy1937 on Aug 10, 12 3:51 PM
i cant find where the knife is to open the box in the tower room???/

pleae help

thanks peggy

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 10, 12 9:46 PM
peggy1937 wrote:i cant find where the knife is to open the box in the tower room???/

pleae help

thanks peggy

The knife must be in you inventory already. It's the same knife that you used to open the Kitchen window.

[Post New]by Annek210 on Oct 6, 12 1:48 PM
i completed the regular play and was able to get the bonus content yesterday. Today I go in and click Extras > Play and it starts at the very beginning of the game. When I look at accomplishments it shows all of the accomplishments from the regular play.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Nov 2, 12 6:38 AM
I have a key to the desk in Curwen's room. I put it in the desk drawer to unlock it. Full view of the room shows drawer open. But when I zoom in to see what is in the desk drawer it is closed and the key is in it but it won't turn.

[Post New]by wildecoyote1966 on Aug 30, 13 8:29 AM
I am having trouble smashing the floor in the study to get the key

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jan 8, 14 11:53 AM
peggy1937 wrote:i cant find where the knife is to open the box in the tower room???/

pleae help

thanks peggy

tehuti88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tehuti88 on May 19, 14 11:02 PM
Oh thank goodness I looked up this thread or this would've driven me nuts, I adore Lovecraftiana but it kept crashing on me.

I also experienced the cigar/dragonfly frustration...the info and guide tabs were positioned such that there was no way for me to see any cigar, even after using the hint. (I really didn't want to use a hint, but I had no choice! )

Go to: