Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 23, 12 9:21 PM
Unable to Access Bonus Game:

I played the game to completion (credits ran and everything) and then quit it, without playing the bonus game. When I next opened up the game, the main menu showed "Continue", which I clicked. That brought up a black screen, with the hand cursor, and the ambient sounds/music but nothing else. When I clicked on the screen, it reverted back to the Main Menu, this time showing "Play" instead of "Continue". Clicking on the Bonus section allows me to access the Wallpaper and Music, but when I click on the Extra Gameplay or the Video segments, a window pops up telling me that I can't access that content until I complete the game.

The same thing happens if I shut the game down, restart it, and go directly to the Bonus section without clicking "Continue" or "Play".

I'm not getting any error messages and I didn't have any of the cursor problem that others have mentioned, or any other problem with the game. I tried shutting down the computer and restarting it, but that made no difference.

I doubt that uninstalling and reinstalling it is going to make a difference because for whatever reason, the game isn't recognizing that I completed it.

Is there possibly any setting code that I can access to allow me to play the bonus game without replaying the entire game?

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Jul 25, 12 1:43 AM
Is there a fix for the lag, jumpy cursor etc yet?????? I bought this game and still cannot play :-(

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by perrik on Aug 18, 12 12:56 PM
So far, this game has been nearly unplayable on my Mac!

I'm trying to play the Mac demo of the CE version, but the graphics are a mess. Anything animated only appears as flickers on screen. This includes the red flag on the intro screen as well as various objects in the first game screen (at the barrier). Dialog boxes come up blank. The opening sequence when you first launch the game is nothing but a black screen with a skip button.

I tried reinstalling the game, but the graphics issue doesn't go away. This is on a 1.7GHz MacBook Air with 4GB RAM and tons of HD space available, running OS X 10.8 with all the available updates. Other games are fine - I just finished Dark Strokes: Sins of the Father and just started the latest Redemption Cemetery (lots of animation, all perfectly visible!).

Thank goodness for trial versions, I'd hate to have wasted the money on this.

EDIT: Hmm. I just installed the Mac trial version of another new Elephant Games title (Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make), and encountered the exact same problem - animated items only appearing as flickers, empty dialog boxes. I've played older Elephant Games offerings with no issues - the first Surface game and all the Mystery Trackers.

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 1:16:57 PM PST

[Post New]by l8night on Oct 14, 12 11:31 AM
I have exactly the same issues as perrik. Problems happen with Lord of Statues and Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make, both SE versions. Past Elephant Games have worked fine on this computer, which is a MacBook Pro OS X Lion, but these two new games are unplayable. The animations appear as flickers, some dialog boxes are blank, In hidden object scenes, some of the items on the list are blank.

ratchet51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ratchet51 on Nov 7, 12 11:46 AM
I too have this flickering, words missing problem on my Mac, with an exception. I had played the main part of the CE. Then put it aside to play some match 3's. Came back today and tried to play the bonus and got the flickering and missing words. I also tried running my Mystery Trackers: Four Aces, by Elephant. It did not work either. Up til now I've had no problems with Elephant games, really love them! Funny that Lord of the Statues would stop working at the bonus section.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 7, 12 12:02 PM
Hi ratchet51,

It definitely is odd that the game would play OK until you came to the bonus section. It could be that there's something else going on, since you've also had no problems with those other games.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at things and work with you directly on this.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Alienmom on Feb 8, 13 5:08 AM
I just downloaded for iPad... Love the graphics and little helpers that seem to go with Elephant Games. This game seems to have a glitch tho. Version 6.1 on my iPad and just updated with the new software.

When you get into the tower and the Princess is supposed to hand you an amulet... She just stands there, blurred, and no matter how/where you tap I can't seem to get the princess to move or give me the amulet. It seems the cutscene just freezes and then you are stuck. Please let me know if you are able to fix this.

I also see, from many reviews, that there is a major glitch with the bonus...

Please inform, will these glitches be fixed or am I stuck indefinitely and need to pursue refund?

Thank you, a longtime fan, Jen Gill

[Post New]by thumper5316 on Feb 9, 13 4:37 PM
I am in the Princess tower room and the princess does not have the amulet or I am not able to zoom in on her in order to take it. Suggestions?

Carol21950
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Carol21950 on Feb 9, 13 7:13 PM
I am having the same problem with being unable to play the bonus section. I finished the game and opened the bonus section, yet when I click on/tap Rupert, nothing happens.

I tried shutting off my iPad and the. Restarting it, but that doesn't help.

I think I will call the Help line on Monday. This is annoying.

[Post New]by Lyvadu on Feb 9, 13 8:49 PM
I have the same issue as Carol21950. I completed the game with absolutely no problems. But in first screen in bonus chapter where I am supposed to talk to Rupert nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP/FIX

cool game would love to complete!
Thanks

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Feb 10, 13 7:29 AM
Same here no Amulet. I play on the Ipad . Checked the whole walkthroug everything seems done, but I do not get the Amulet from the princess! Did somebody re-play the game? Did it work the second time?

It's a pity as I like the game and would love to finish it.

[Post New]by wallyj59 on Feb 10, 13 9:46 PM
I can't get the amulet either. It's very frustrating. I hope they bring out a fix soon.

[Post New]by Pet_ite on Feb 11, 13 2:33 PM
I had to play several times from the beginning (iPad), first time also had the problem with the amulet, second time the box on the chimney wouldn't be clickable (after having taken the envelope and miniature in the picture).
Now finished everything (but one miniature), and also I do cluck on Rupert in the bonus level, but nothing happens ....

Every time I get a game you promoted in the newsletter, there's some bug.
But does anybody test them on an iPad before publishing them for that platform???

[Post New]by Alienmom on Feb 11, 13 2:58 PM
Please.... Someone from tech support give us an update on the Bonus Section of this game... If EVERYONE is having the same issue, then why no update on a possible fix? This game is great... Maybe a partial refund?

I'm a longtime fan and an online member, but the iPad games need help. These glitches just make it NOT fun!

[Post New]by deeghee62 on Feb 12, 13 11:45 AM
I, too, am having the same problem with not being able to start the bonus game. Instructions say to click on Rupert but nothing happens when I do so. The game itself was very enjoyable but it has been several days since I first discovered others were having the same problem with the bonus game and yet no one has addressed the issue. Will you please respond? (FYI I am referring to the iPad version)

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 11:46:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Havanesemom on Feb 14, 13 12:32 AM
I too, had problems getting the amulet. I just changed profile and started again and it worked fine. Now I'm at the bonus and ole Rupert just looks at you. It does not work. I'm on the iPad but like for others I can't work the bonus.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 15, 13 12:22 PM
Hey there Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little help!

For those of you still having issues with the amulet, there's a specific work around that has seemed to help other players get the amulet! To give it a go, just restart the game under a new player profile and first talk with the princess after entering the tower.

As for the bonus game play our team is aware of the issue and is currently looking into it. If you would like, writing into the Mobile Support Team about those issues will help to gather information to help with a fix if need be! To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful, and keeping my fins crossed that the bonus game play is up and running soon!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by dsatrang on Feb 20, 13 4:05 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me. I played the game on my ipad, but when I got to the bonus section, nothing happened when I clicked on Rupert. Frustrating!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 21, 13 11:21 AM
Hey there dsatrang, welcome to the Pond!

How frustrating about those issues clicking on Rupert!

If you haven't tried already, please go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game from your iPad. This can sometimes help clear up issues like this!

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help, or you'd like to speak with one of our Reps about specific instructions please be sure to contact our Mobile Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. They'll definitely do everything they can to help!

I hope this helps to get that bonus section up and running properly!

bfgIzara

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 22, 13 1:26 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim by and let you know that we've released a new iPad version of the game that fixes some of the problems that have been reported with Rupert and the princess with the amulet. You can check out more information regarding that update here.

To better track technical issues after this update, I'll go ahead and lock this technical issues thread, but please feel free to post in the new one I've created here.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Go to: