vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Reviews for Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 17, 12 8:04 AM
Absolutely loved this game - stunning. Loved the innovative use of the statues. EG ups the auntie again. But disappointed that the bonus game was so short. Still well worth the money, but the SE version would have been fine.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 17, 12 4:07 PM
As usual, Elephant Games did not disappoint. Excellent graphics, and game play. Story line a little different for a change. Very nice SG. HOGs are not difficult, but take some time to find some items. Games very nice. Hint system is sort of fun (I like the little gnome, or ogre, or whatever he is).

The only thing I did not like about this game is that is way too quiet. Music, what music? I too have fallen for the voice of the Archer (sigh).

From the looks of the SG, this seems to be a nice long game. I got just in to the 2nd chapter when the demo time quit. I really like this game. This is a definite buy for me.

Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by kimsicle on Jun 18, 12 12:10 AM
I don't think I'll be able to play another game for a very long time as I feel they will all disappoint compared to this one.

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jun 18, 12 10:11 AM
Missed my Thursday game due to vacation and was not disappointed when I got home. The trial definitely left me wanting more game time. I'm enjoying the premise. The graphics were nice. The puzzles challenging. Well done!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jun 18, 12 10:25 AM
oh my, oh my, oh my!!!!!!!! At last, something with a decent amount of everything!!!!(well, you know what i mean!!!!!) am only 30 mins into the demo, so thought i'd check to see if everyone else felt the same, and you do!!!!!
It's a deffo keeper, and I'll be honest, I was beginning to think that I might be getting a little bored with the games and try my hand at other things like the mahjongs for a bit of thinking action, but this has restored my faith!!!!
much more of this stuff please you game developers!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 10:26:18 AM PST

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jun 18, 12 3:19 PM
bellissima favola,grande impatto musicale.....animazione e grafica splendidi...colore intenso e mai sopra le righe.mi sono divertita moltissimo,sono molto contenta dell'acquisto....non mi aspettavo un gioco così spettacolare.....molto molto molto bello..

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 18, 12 3:27 PM
Wow - this is a fabulous game! It's the best game from Elephant by far. Very, very creative storyline and wonderful mini-puzzles and graphics. Really superb effort devs! Please make more like this!

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Jun 18, 12 8:27 PM
What a delightful surprise this one was! I never knew what to expect, which was wonderful. There is nothing predictable about this game - the storyline, the puzzles, the sound effects, and the cut scenes were incredible!

I always snicker a little when people talk about scary scenes in games. None of the games ever scared me - until this one. Something about those statues made my hair stand on end when they went into action. The bonus play was very scary.

What fun it was to have little animated creatures to use as helpers! They were cute and amusing.

The voiceovers were excellent, didn't grate on my nerves like most of them do.

The puzzles were just the right mix of easy, very easy, difficult and very difficult. I skipped a few. Gives me a good reason to play it again.

The music was perfect and very effective - soft and soothing when it should be, loud and menacing in the scary scenes.

This may well be the best game I've ever played. My one little teeny tiny complaint is that my cursor was a little sluggish, which was a minor irritation.

Thanks for a refreshing change, BFG!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jun 18, 12 9:05 PM
Absolutely AMAZING game!!! I don't have even one negative comment. The bar has really been set on this gem!! This was a VERY long play game for me and has tremendous replay value.... you get to pick the ending!! I will definitely have to replay picking the alternate ending to see where it goes. I have a feeling that it won't affect the bonus game, but that's okay as it was fun as well!!

Like most great games, this eludes to a sequel which I will happily buy sight unseen! This is one game that the closer to the end I felt was coming, the slower I played... didn't want it to end!!

Best feature by far was the map! Without it I would have become so frazzled and lost that I would have lost interest. The game is definitely for the most part NOT linear, and it really makes you think. Check your inventory often, as it will clue you what to do and where to go. I did use the strategy guide several times, but I never used a hint. Pity... would have loved to see how the "hint helper" worked.

Outstanding game!! Don't pass this one up!!

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Jun 19, 12 11:45 PM
Played about 30 minutes and hit the buy it button. One of the best this month. Was beginning to think I'd have a dry month! This game is very innovative, very quirky and lots of fun. It puts a new twist on how you use "tools" by giving you a helper team carrying pruners, saws, pick axes that you can use. And a rooster that flys to get those pesky out of reach items. What a clever approach. That's the word for the game. Clever!!! Puzzles are quite doable. Could stand adding one or two tough ones, but maybe they will as the game progresses. Now that it's finished activating, I'll go back to have a great time! Other reviewers have shared the detailed mechanics re SG and interactive HO and jumping map.....all well done. The added bonus of finding minitures along the way is a nice addition. AND when the item is clicked in an HO scene it melts. Very cool!

Try this game today fishes!!!!!

[Post New]by AdelfinaH41 on Jun 21, 12 4:20 AM
Hi fishies

This game for me has both good sides and bad

Good:
Entertaining story
Reminding characters

Bad^
Artwork is awful - just nothing special about visual side of the game.
Gameplay - sometimes its fun - but sometimes i find difficult to find out what to do
Also the text tips are not very helpful and usable

Aveda5
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aveda5 on Jun 21, 12 12:00 PM
Whoa.....that was FUN!!! Thank you BF!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 21, 12 4:10 PM
Lovely game! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The statue concept is something I've not yet seen. I loved the little "helpers"...although sometime I forgot they were there until I couldn't do anything else! There is a wonderfully interactive map...one of the very best I've seen. The graphics - aside from the characters themselves - are fantastic. I had no technical problems at all.

This is a game I replayed because it was so much fun, and to try the different endings. (I got all of the achievements save one...I needed help sometimes!)

Overall, one of the very very best games I've ever played....except I found it to be too short for a CE even with the abbreviated bonus chapter.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jun 21, 12 7:46 PM
Whoa - this one was a pleasant surprise. Absolutely enchanting! The elements are fairly conventional but the execution was something quite extraordinary.

Pros: gorgeous scenery seemed to glow. Excellent voice acting, very charming narrator, lovely cut scenes, beautiful music. Yes, the Archer's voice was awesome. Good puzzles at just the right difficulty level, inventory items were appropriate and helped move the logical flow of the game. Map was outstanding. I hit the Hint button only once just to see what would happen, and it was scene-appropriate. Multiple endings. Animated helpers that I grew pretty fond of. Very nice innovation!

Cons: next to nothing. No child would say "rectify" - is that petty? Yes, it is.

Overall rating: five fins of five. I am really pleased by this game - no, actually blown away - and I'm going to replay it for the other ending if I can stand to see what will happen. Unexpectedly great game!

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jun 21, 12 11:17 PM
ALOT of hidden object scenes which i found irritating...some of the hidden object scenes in demo were a bit muddy.. the graphics are beautiful, etc. i'm not sure if i'll buy-am just so fed up with so many hidden objects.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 22, 12 3:53 AM
I have hundreds of games, mostly HOGS, and this is a standout. Finally, some fresh ideas! Easy navigation! A sense of humor! All rolled into one. Contrary to some other posters, I think the bonus chapter was worth it. And I certainly didn't want the game to end! I will definitely replay this and I don't often do that. Nice to have something not so dreary but those animated statues were pretty scary at times! This may be the game of the year.

Statues provides a Fresh Twist

[Post New]by Mystery_Fan on Jun 22, 12 3:01 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing Lord of Statues because there were some fairly fresh ideas included - the cute flying rooster helper, the statue helpers and the little pirate helper Rupert. They really added a fun twist to the game experience. I also liked finding the mini-statues and liked the melting items when the HOs were found.

I liked the story and Rupert's voice-overs - kid voices are difficult to do well, but the girl was voice was fair. And it was fun having large statues walking around causing havoc. The playing time was about 4.5 hours and then 35 for the bonus. I felt the CE was worthy of the extra price.

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 3:02:00 PM PST

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 23, 12 5:15 AM
I agree with all the good reviews of this game, not much to fault at all. I only have one little thing, though. The village was stunningly beautiful, I want to go there! The game just goes back and forth from the optic shop to the mansion. So many pretty shops, why aren't we "shopping around"?

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, loved the helpers, and a different sort of play. Love, love it and definitely would buy the sequel.

Thanks to the devs and ,
Joy

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 23, 12 11:54 AM
Just finished playing the main and bonus games. What a ride!! I agree with all the glowing reviews. Those statues were really creepy, especially the one with no legs in that one room and he kept trying to grab me. I loved the helpers, the rooster and the miner. What a great touch. My only complaints are as "quarlesqueen" mentioned, some of the games were too tedious and time consuming ie as she mentioned the triangles turning from red to blue - I think I got that carple thing (!!) in my wrist trying to finish that game (which I ended up skipping anyway).Also, the hint guy - very annoying with hearing "hmmmm" everytime you hit him. I tried not to use the hint button very often! But other than that, I truly loved this game and I will play it again soon - something I don't usually do. I think its the best game to come along in a long time!

feenix

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Jun 26, 12 9:07 AM
This is my new favorite! Developers did a great job with a fresh new story plot , creative use of characters to help along the way, amazing graphics, music and sound effects. Please do more like this. Love it!

Go to: