Re:Reviews for 1 Moment of Time: Silentville

[Post New]by IHave3Brdz on Sep 13, 12 1:21 PM
This has to be one of my favorite games. I found the difficulty just right -- not too easy, and not so hard that I spent the whole time with my nose in the strategy guide. The voice-over scenes felt a little out of place with the rest of the game graphics, but otherwise really enjoyable!

mei02
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mei02 on Oct 11, 12 1:24 PM
I am glad i bought this game
I jus finished played it in casual mode, and when it finally finished, i got
this crying impulse , oh , haha, i enjoyed it,
When i first played it , i had to use manifying glass because i had difficulty
reading the blue words in hos finding list , but after i shift to place when light comming from my back, the whole screen suddenly became clear and so are those blue words, and i then happy to find that wow the game was actually very beautiful.and the game play was not those simply find object scene after scene , in this game,one needs to use brain, eyes and hands together, That suit me nice.
There were comments which were very harsh , but this game is quite unique, can very well see the hard works of the ppl who work behind it, i appreciated them to come out a game like that. thanks and keep it up!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Mar 10, 13 9:18 PM
I totally disliked this game, in fact just uninstalled it.
I see no real sense at all to the Storyline,
very little sense of 'direction',
and the 'Mechanics' of the game do not work together smoothly.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 4, 13 4:27 PM
I really enjoyed this game although it did take several "sittings" to finish. I did have to eliminate the annoying curser right off the bat...a bit cumbersome. A lot of dialog story scenes which can be skipped, which I did but I think they added some body to the story.

The HOS were very different as most every item was interactive so you had to work at it a bit. Mini games were easy and could be skipped if needed. The transporter map was only useful if you knew where you wanted to go otherwise you needed to use the HINT as it did transport you or, if there was something to do in the scene, it would should you. Hint and Skip did recharge fairly quickly, but not fast.

Clear graphics, beautiful colors and a lot of thinking on your part. I actually had to use the walkthrough a couple of times which I rarely do in a game. Only seemed to have one glitch at the very end when I was mixing the formula which had no skip and was a bit confusing and then stop working but I just went out of the game and back in and it worked fine.

Had a very nice, "feel good" ending; a bit of a surprise. You will just have to play it to find out.

I give this a 4 out of 5, one I will probably play again. Enjoyable.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 18, 13 2:22 AM
I played about 30 minutes of the demo on easy. I do not like this game at all!! It is very slow moving, probably because every single item in the HOS requires you to find something else before you can get it, which took me forever trying to figure out what was wanted. I also hated the interruptions where the brownish parchment drawing comes up and someone explains something about themselves.

Also, I get very disgusted with games that have you wandering around without any logical reason... just wander around picking up random stuff.

So no, not a buy.

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 11:44:22 PM PST

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Jun 29, 13 2:03 PM
Very enjoyable game and completely surprised me - I thought it would be ho-hum.
Did the demo and purchased. Not a very long game, but keeps your interest.

I really liked the HOS - as someone said, they are like mini games in themselves and make you think. I'm a bit over H.O.G.s (boring) but this game was okay, I thought.

Give it a try, you might be surprised, too

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 2:03:43 PM PST

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Mar 1, 14 3:28 PM
This game turned out to be a nice surprise. When I first started playing it, it seemed too simple/easy. However, as the game progressed, I ran into more challenging situations.

The graphics are beautifully detailed and the storyline is good.

For the most part, the mini games were easily solvable. There was only one game that had me completely stumped and I had to refer to the walkthrough.

The HOP were challenging. The majority of the items to find were things that had to be put together. Only bad thing about them is that the font was small and dark against a gray background.

Nice little game and I am glad I bought it.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jul 11, 14 12:26 PM
Part One of Two:

I played the hour-long trial period on a MacBook Pro with the Mavericks operating system. The game was OK: Nothing more but possibly quite a bit less. The description of the game refers to the town of Silentville wherein people were disappearing. This is the mystery we are charged with solving. Oddly, I don't think anyone disappeared in the hour I played.

The game's description also referred to the town as undistinguished. This fairly well describes the game itself. Nothing much happened in the hour I played. Really. NOTHING MUCH happened except some interactions with a couple of characters who appeared on screen, standing silently (appropriately), as a narrator read their script (which several times referred to this or that "unusual" phenomenon which I think was the motivation for the protagonist to act).

The game wasn't unpleasant. This is mainly owing to the good background music and the rich tones of the narrator. As far as the game play, much was left to be desired, IMO:

a. I found the sets to be very dark, making it very difficult to identify items…

b. ...this was an issue during HOS particularly…and there were several in the trial period. Along with the very dark screen, items were also drawn in very small scale. In sum, objects were neither cleverly hidden nor disguised to blend in so much as they were just too dark or too small to identify.

c. Another annoyance: in the second or third HOS, I was to find a bottle of anti-rust acid. This wasn't difficult. It wasn't tricky. It was just...annoying: there were several bottles on screen. Nothing recommended one over another so I had to go through every bottle to get the one that was acid. As luck would have it, it was the last bottle. On it’s own this is no big deal, just another in a series of missteps.

d. Finally, if I played a mini-game or puzzle, I don't remember it. That doesn't speak well about the game to me. I prefer puzzles over HOS, typically. As far as I can tell, this game doesn’t have a favorable Puzzle:HOS ratio, given my preferences.

To be continued...

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jul 11, 14 12:29 PM
Part Two of Two:

When my hour was up I had to re-read the description to find out what the game's story line was. For an hour I walked through doors, down streets, aimlessly, punctuated (interrupted?) by several HOS. There didn't seem to be much purpose. It's a shame, really. Befeore I started I was really looking forward to playing the game. I thought it was going to a lot of fun. It just didn't turn out that way. The trial ticked down to 00:00 and I had to put up or shut up. I based my decision on the expiry date of my free game credits. It turns out they're good until the end of August.

VERDICT: This game was released in the middle of 2012. Time flies…though not while I was playing this game. While my criticisms must be understood in light of the age of the game, that doesn’t vitiate my overall judgment. In fact, I believe it underscores it.

I would pass on this if I were you.

Go to: