Congrats Grandmamum!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Group play for Secrets Can Kill, started June 16th, we welcome more players

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 18, 12 1:29 PM
A HUGE CONGRATS GMUM

I had trouble with *** the ladle ***. Couldn't figure out what to do, until I finally tried everything in my inventory and viola ! !

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 18, 12 2:28 PM
Finished too
Should have done a ton of other things, like replying to popla's PM, updating the AF thread and so on Guess there will be another day tomorrow to get things done
Now it is really bedtime for me.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 18, 12 3:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS CFG!

YEP - ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Jun 18, 12 5:36 PM
Congrats GMum and CfG!

Well I finished - and only managed to get myself shot once (which was refreshing, given how many times I blew myself up) . So that wasn't too bad.

I enjoyed playing this one, and managed to get 6 or 7 stars.

Found 1 Easter Egg ** from the non-alarm pop machine coded note ** so I think I missed one (?) but this is the first time I've ever found one on my own so I was very pleased.

Missed the stars for ** Barnacle Blast, finding every coin, rebuffing Darryl every time (er, well I thought I'd be more likely to get info from him if I didn't rebuff him haha)); playing all the tunes on the jukebox; and I guess I didn't set the pop machine alarm off enough (though it must have been 4 or 5 times). ***

Maybe I'll go back and play it again, to see if I can tie up those loose ends.

I'll keep looking in - Cheers all!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 18, 12 6:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARCH HARE! I gave a clue previously where the other egg was - you'll be surprised.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 18, 12 6:26 PM
Congratulations to CfG and to March_Hare on finishing

March_Hare...Good job on the stars

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 18, 12 8:54 PM
congrats CFG and march hare on finishing

Will be able to get a couple of hours in hopefully now.

I take back what I say about the puzzles being very easy and about no agon morse code (although was way easier than that!). But it is a way easier game than the others (skull and I played that on junior mode!)

Got the easter egg but honestly panicked as I thought I had done something wrong with the message. Can't believe I got two in a game.

glad the arcade game was like all others in ND games (play as much or little as you want). I think there is only one arcade game you have to do and that was in the last train to blue canyon.

Re soup ladle, I agree it was a uh moment? Like GM it was just trying everything I had that I worked it out.

Anyone got all the money? I won't know until I finish but they are tricky as you have to pass your mouse over some of them others just glint.

Joyfullady will give it another go when we come across our next tear your hair out adventure!

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 8:55:11 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 18, 12 11:07 PM
Finished. Got 8 stars - Didn’t get money, library book reader, rebuffing ned, arcade game* Like others I thought I had read every book there was!
But got more stars than other games.

Can't wait for the next in the series. It's making me want to go back and get destuck on a really hard puzzle on the ND game I was playing but stopped ages ago due to this (seven seas).

It was a fun, shorter, easier - for a ND game - which was nice for a change. (no hair pulling mazes etc)

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 19, 12 1:25 AM
Congrats gingergal & March_Hare!

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 19, 12 1:47 AM
Hi! I'm joining the group play a bit late. Sorry about the delay but I have a writing/marketinig project dor my DP *dear partner) [b]and I'm long-distance supervising the contractors for the renovation of my mom's house that my sister and I inherited...and I'm getting over a Lupus flare and packing for a trip out of town to find tenants for the house and bring up all the family photos from home to where I live now, etc.

My DP and I just finished Penny Dreadful's SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET late this evening.I should mention that I'm a beginner. I signed up with BFG and the Forums 1 month and three days ago. So I hope I can keep up with all of you and I hope that I can even find the time to finish the game (I have so much to do this summer after I rent the house out that I try not to think of it - games are now my momentary escape).

I'll be playing ND at the JUNIOR DETECTIVE level, naturally.

OvrThRainbo

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 19, 12 3:38 AM
Congratulations gingergal on finishing

gingergal...I think I know which puzzle it was in Seven Seas that you had trouble with. Was it the ** underwater color coded suduko puzzle? ** What I did was **make out a grid went underwater and used crayons to color the ones that were right and then went topside in game to finish the game and then went back underwater to complete. ** If I'm wrong about the puzzle then I'm sorry.

Welcome OverTheRainbow

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 4:48:08 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 19, 12 3:53 AM
HUGE CONGRATS TO CFG, GINGERGAL & MARCH HARE!!!

I now realise why the ** Ladle was such a mystery to me - I didn't find the Boltcutters in the kitchen - thought nothing of it as I just presumed you had to find the code for the lock in the Boiler Room and there was no other option. Probably why I blew so many times a s before I could do anything I had to find the code. **

Over the Rainbow - what a busy life right now! Hope you enjoy the game and will make sure I pop into the thread every so often to see if you're ok. and I'm sure others will too. Don't worry about being inexperienced, I only played my first LFA a couple of months ago with the group and there is so much support, it doesn't seem too daunting. Also this is the simplest game I have played since I started, so a good one to start on. Playing with your partner will also help as there is a lot to discuss and 2 heads are better than one. Good Luck.

GMum xx

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 19, 12 5:29 AM
gingergal wrote:catfish girl Did think that could be it, ah well.

Talking about music in barnacle blast (and I agree I hate arcade games but don't know if I need to finish it? I've left it at level 4 I think) if you play all the music on the juke box did you notice the 'audition' button, also if you play that and all others afterwards it's the same music as the audition in venice. Jukebox also has ND name backwards.

There are a lot of wee things like that in this game, if you played danger by design one of the books has the martial arts moves in it you have to learn. One of the posters in the school is the ND silhouttee with magnfying glass. Very clever putting all that stuff in.

I've run out of room on my camera so hope I dont need to take photos of everything to get an award.

Haven't had any time yesterday to play and won't today, maybe tonight. so happy sleuthing and hope to join you later.

sunshine congrats
and grandmamum
re blowing yourself up - I tried running out the door, forget about killing everyone else left. But I guess they don't allow you to do that as maybe that's a bit dodgy ethically. I did figure it out.

I ran out of room on my camera, too. I'm playing in bed in the dark in the middle of the night and didn't want to wake up my DP next to me by having the light on so I could take notes of everything.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 19, 12 9:07 AM
sunshinej Yes it is that stupid puzzle! I hate suduko did it topside but trying to input it in about 30 secs was hard. I know I could go and get more Oxygen but don't want to trek back all the time. end Thanks - if you have any more tips I'd love them! sorry to confuse players it;s another game I'm stuck at.

ovrthrainbo
- too funny playing under covers. Like all ND games paper and pencil is the usual way to go. But camera you should do most puzzles with it.

spoiler - you don't actually need to do a lot of them, but that takes the fun out of them! Only discovered this at the end!

It's the best ND to start with, to get the hang of it. It's the easiest of those games by far. The task list will help you out on junior level.

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 9:08:32 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 19, 12 9:42 AM
...... LOTS OF HUGE CONGRATS FOR CFG, MARCH-HARE AND GINGERGAL. .....

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 19, 12 12:18 PM
@Rainbo Hi there
I am glad you've made it with you busy schedule and all! I've listed you playing and as you've experienced by now, there are lots of people happy to help you. So you don't have to worry about being inexperienced
Don't be afraid to ask question and I hope you enjoy the game.

Now I still don't know were that second easter egg was hidden
I had the one from ** the soda machine with the help of the deciphered bulletin board puzzle** But the other one must have been shy, it hid so well from me
I ended with 7 stars on senior mode, but this was a fairly easy game.

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 19, 12 3:17 PM
I played three hours last night breezing through last night (except when I got killed or whatever in two different spots - figured my way out of the first at the very beginning of the game). After 3 or 3 1/2 hours I got to the point where I would have needed the lights on to go over my clues captured on my camera and solve more puzzles and start piecing together some evidence. Also, I need to get into two more rooms that I know of and aat this point I'd rather try to figure it out myself then ask for help.

Very busy right now up top (in real life) and don't know what day I can get back to the game this week (especially with DP wanting to play Hello Venice and finish Laura Jones and The Secret Legacy Of Nikola Tesla).

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 19, 12 3:58 PM
CFG - Second Egg - *Spoiler In VCR tape box under chair in library 2nd floor - but it's only there prior to the boiler room incident - after that it's a lost cause.

Welcome OvrThRainbo - you certainly have your hands/fins full right now. Any one is willing to help.

Nice playing with all of you again - it's been fun. Unfortunately leaving to go out of town to take care of mom, attend a 25th wedding anniversary party, and a 75th all school alumni get together! Bye

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jun 19, 12 6:11 PM
Joyfullady wrote:Nice playing with all of you again - it's been fun. Unfortunately leaving to go out of town to take care of mom, attend a 25th wedding anniversary party, and a 75th all school alumni get together! Bye

Sounds like you have a busy time ahead for you! Hope you have a great time.

Well I have played a little bit more since last time I was here, but I have been majorly sidetracked with Barnacle Blast!! Not getting a lot of free time to put into playing these games (I'm still playing Rhiannon too!) but I am enjoying the time that I am getting to play them!

Congratulations to all of you that have finished!

Hope everyone else still playing is enjoying the game.

Go to: