bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any City of Fools technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 16, 13 11:17 AM
Welcome to the Pond 7domino!

I've double checked on our end, and while it doesn't appear that a fix has been released for the blank dialogue bubble issues please go ahead and get in touch with Mac Support. They may have some specific tips and tricks on how to get the game running!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by PurpleAddict on Jan 25, 13 5:48 PM
Where are these DAISIES? And How can I get the BEARING? Please.

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Feb 17, 13 8:01 AM
pyogita wrote:Hi,

Someone please help.

I played the demo version in english and liked it. so downloaded the full version but unfortunately it was in russian language.

please help me change the language of my game to english..

Regards,
YP

I hope a mod can help this new fish. She has posted in the technical thread also.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Museum Statue Puzzle

[Post New]by jovipookie on Apr 7, 13 8:50 AM
I played the game game on Friday, and had a difficult time trying to place the straight arm piece on the statue's left arm. I went back to it yesterday and today and both times that piece no longer shows up any where on the screen. I hit the hint button and it shows this piece in reponse to the hint, but then the piece disappears and isn't available as an object selection. I had another problem on Friday of losing my saved game and started over and now this has happened. It's a fun game but I'm now very frustrated with it.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Museum Statue Puzzle

[Post New]by jovipookie on Apr 8, 13 2:21 AM
I played the game game on Friday, and had a difficult time trying to place the straight arm piece on the statue's left arm. I went back to it yesterday and today and both times that piece no longer shows up any where on the screen. I hit the hint button and it shows this piece in reponse to the hint, but then the piece disappears and isn't available as an object selection. I had another problem on Friday of losing my saved game and started over and now this has happened. It's a fun game but I'm now very frustrated with it.

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on May 3, 13 5:51 AM
I just purchased this as the DD, I didn't trial it first since I played it before on BFG streaming and liked it. I wish I had trialed it though. I just tried to play it and it wouldn't even open. It crashed my computer 2 times. I just uninstalled it and am going to re-install it and try again, but I'm really worried that it's going to crash my computer again.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 6:22 AM
Oh TheMagus84, I am sorry to hear that, I know it is worrying when your computer crashes like this so we are happy to help you avoid this happening again.

Because a crash like you described indicates that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and I assure you that at the very least, we will never leave you with a game you can't play.

Good luck and thanks you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on May 3, 13 7:29 AM
I re-installed and it still crashed. When I read your suggestion I went to that link and made sure I have all the latest updates. I do. So I don't know what the problem is. Now I'm going to run a Dr. Felix and send it in. Hopefully they can tell me whats wrong.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on May 3, 13 6:13 PM
Hi,

I just bought the game and tried to install but I keep getting "Error 769". I have followed the steps to solve the problems but when I get to downloading "Windows Flash Player....." I get a message from Adobe site stating that "this is not the latest version".

Thoughts?

[Post New]by tongolele on May 15, 13 3:18 PM
caffeinated wrote: The problem is that I can't get the authorization pass to buy a ticket at the airport. I have the papyrus but can't get the Egyptologist to accept it so that I can access the safe. I've tried dropping it in a bunch of different places on the scene but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Same thing happens to my game. Would hate to have to restart it.

[Post New]by kvhpkh on Jun 8, 13 4:24 PM
How do I get off of Mayor's Island? I am stuck in the underground cave. I only went there because there seemed no other place that would work....now I can't get out of their either. Is there a purpose to this island?

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Jan 9, 14 2:38 PM
I can't even uninstall it! After installing trial, my entire BF page froze. Can't click on any of my games and can't get rid of it. Have restarted my computer but everything is still frozen. How can I uninstall? Running Windows 8.1 (unfortunately)

smh1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by smh1 on Feb 3, 14 7:43 PM
It's such a shame that I paid for this game but can not enjoy it because the text bubbles are not complete. Very annoying problem especially since I played the trial without any problems.

[Post New]by benwheely on Mar 15, 14 6:31 AM
I keep getting stuck on a screen. I click to go to another screen and nothing happens. I am on a Mac.

Edited on 03/15/2014 at 6:37:32 AM PST

ilithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Mac version problem

[Post New]by ilithia on Mar 29, 14 12:49 PM
Same here. I installed and uninstalled the game three times on my mac before giving up. Speech bubbles display no text so I have no clue what the characters ask for...

[Post New]by Delouise17 on Apr 2, 14 8:43 PM
My game has zero dialogue!? The text bubbles come up and the lips move but nothing is in them. Makes it very difficult to follow the game without this dialogue. Anyone else having the same issues? Anyone else able to fix them?
I've uninstalled/installed the game 2X, and keep having the same issue. I have run Dr. Felix as well. Along with sending 2 messages indicating this issue to customer support, only to receive the cursory email telling me someone will get back to me. it's been almost a month. (my first email was sent on 3/9/14).
Thanks

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 8:44:26 PM PST

[Post New]by Gametrotter12 on Jun 11, 14 6:46 AM
I downloaded the trial version and half of the menu option banners are blank. When I start a game, all of the characters speak bubbles are blank as well.

[Post New]by cole51 on Jun 26, 14 12:40 PM
This is frustrating.....Can't even get past the reporters office on the first level. When going right during a HOS, game won't allow me to return to former screen. None of the walking feet are displayed. Nothing works. I read on the blog that many gamers are having this same issue. Please advise.

[Post New]by JuliaSally on Jul 19, 14 6:19 AM
I am also having similar problems on a Mac clicked on locker 3 and then couldn't get out of it, uninstalled and reinstalled started new game got to reporters office far right screen couldn't get back to the left no walking feet. I think there must be a major bug in this game.

[Post New]by moniraq on Oct 21, 14 12:36 PM
Just recently downloaded this game. Running on a Mac, OS 10.9.5 and can't make it out of the gate. After the game starts, I can collect items on all the screens but once I enter the right side of the screen, I can't move anywhere else. I noticed there are other people having this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Any other ideas?

To recap, once I move to the right side of the screen at the very beginning of the game, I cannot move to any other location.

Thanks.

Go to: