Reviews for City of Fools

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Reviews for City of Fools

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Jul 3, 12 2:27 PM
OMG. What is wrong here? This game is so clunky in application. Long pauses between scenes. Incoherent and not the fun that other have alluded to. Deleting it.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
874 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jul 5, 12 1:51 AM
What a fantastic game! Certainly one of my all-time favorites! So addictive, I couldn't stop playing. I just finished, having finally accomplished all 123 goals. It really helps to read the directions at first and learn how the map works. I recommend taking notes on where things are, as these are not in the diary. Write down the number on the map, so you can find it again. Click "contents" in diary for a task list of the ones you know about so far; they will be marked "completed" when done.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 5, 12 2:07 AM
Wow how funny this game is such a relief to have a fun game like this one, This is a buy for me.Dev;s thank you for all your long hours and work on this game to give the fishes a laugh,,Keep up the good work hope to see more of you dev's in the future..Thx BF and Kuddo's to you and this awesome DEV's..I still can't stop laughing at this game,,Love everything about this cute game, I recommend this game..5

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Jul 6, 12 8:30 AM
what can i say i just love this game lots of fun ,i was shocked when i got the pooped ,now i had to figure how to get rid of it and them annoying Flys lmbo i had to buy it just so different ,so tired of the spooky murder kidnaped games ,we need more fun these days thanks for the laugh

[Post New]by smc1694 on Jul 7, 12 10:21 PM
I have played HUNDREDS of bfg games and I have to say this is my favorite! Nothing else compares to it! Definite buy!

[Post New]by gilliebod on Jul 10, 12 6:52 AM
I have just finished this game and it was such fun to play, a bit challenging at times, but I enjoyed every minute. I do hope BFG will have more games like it in the future, I would get every one of them.

[Post New]by maggiel on Jul 11, 12 12:17 AM
BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT
More games like this please. This game kept me entertained for hours, in fact I have played it a number of times, the first time I didn't complete all the challenges because I had enough money to buy the plane ticket, the second time I did all the challenges before buying the plane ticket and finally I tried to do as many of the challenges as possible before having to purchase goods in order to progress. It takes sometime to get your head around the game to begin with - but once you do I promise you, you'll have hours of fun. I tried Green Moon (the other game by the same developer) it was ok but no where near as much fun as this. All I can say is do yourself a favour purchase this game and perservere.

Ps to interact with the map, click on the flag on the top left hand side of the map and place it on any street intersection - then when you return to the game white footprints will be displayed next to the navigation arrows to show you the quickest way to where you wanted to go.

Edited on 07/11/2012 at 12:20:36 AM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,110 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 14, 12 10:43 PM
Fantastic game!!! I'm more than half way through the game and have loved every minute of it. We desperately needed this light and funny game to brighten our day!!! Sure hope the developer is working on another one. This game in my book has to be the best one put out this year, in fact, I would say for several years! Thank you developers for making such a terrific game.

[Post New]by gizmospooky on Aug 13, 12 3:14 PM
This is a great, but very addictive game; it really tests your memory. I had to resort to keeping a list of which task in each location, because I would gather what I needed and forget who needed it. The map was invaluable (once I figured out how to set the flags). I finally got thru all 122 tasks before going to the island, a very fun game.

IrishRush
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Kind of feels like it's trying too hard

[Post New]by IrishRush on Sep 13, 12 3:21 PM
I'm not sure about this game - if feels like it's trying too hard to be funny. I don't know if it's just my frame of mind right now or what but after playing the demo for 40 minutes, it's just not doing it for me. Lots of what feels like haphazard, might be lucky & find the right place kind of wandering around.
I would definitely say play the demo before buying - it's a different kind of game.

[Post New]by Medusausi on Nov 2, 12 7:13 PM
Hello all,

As you can see, this is my first forum post but I'm posting because I think that much of this game. I'm a long time gamer and I'd have to say City of Fools is a great game, one that could easily be the "sleeper of the year."

I only heard of it in passing reference to a forum post I was reading about another game and I'm glad I got the demo. I used several tips found here in the forum, like utilizing the map's directional feature made navigating the city a breeze. The characters in the game are colorful and humorous and if you like nonlinear adventure games, you won't be disappointed. Kudos to bigfish for offering it.

[Post New]by amaryllis756 on Nov 10, 12 4:36 PM
I reviewed this game earlier and I really liked it and recommended it, until I ran into the place where the monk is. There is an upside-down pentigram on the wall. There is absolutely no reason for that. That is the sign for Satan. I will no longer play this game. I am sorry that this part had to be in there. The game is great fun. I will miss playing it. I am not over religious, but that pentagram and the whole story line, is uncalled for. Why did they have to learn such a great game with this. I am also going to complain to the developers

[Post New]by MistressElvira on Nov 18, 12 12:40 PM
A bizarre little game, with what I call "hangover humour", a little low brow but I chuckled anyway. Bright, surreal graphics, I can't help thinking I really shouldn't have found this fun, I really should sneer at the toilet humour and spoonfed gameplay, but I really enjoyed it, though the end was a little abrupt (albeit full of political connotations.) All in all a pretty good game though not for the over-sensitive.

lil_chickadee
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Nov 29, 12 8:55 PM
I really didn't care for this. I didn't hate it or evenly actively dislike it, I just found it "meh". Cartoony graphics of a fat woman with stinky socks, a guy with the runs in the john, that annoying cop who shows up for no reason whatsoever....it just didn't appeal to me. That and the blather that substitutes for speech--what's up with that? I understand it makes the game universal, but so does just having the mouth move and words in the speech bubble. You don't have to have the people go "blahblahblahblahblah"--we can tell we're being talked to.
I think I'll go back and re-play "Wandering Willows" if I feel like tackling a long quest-driven game. Saving my free coupon for something a bit more to my liking.

[Post New]by JessDeeSpiceh on Dec 25, 12 1:29 AM
Bought this amazingly entertaining game!
Super out of the box!
Kudos to the developers!
Only wish the glitches on mac game is solved so I can replay it with the full story!!
Currently the people talk "blablabla" with empty speech bubbles...
Looking forward to more of this genre!

[Post New]by elske_g on Jan 13, 13 6:55 AM
Had a lot of fun, finished it completely, but don't think i could've done it without some help from other fishies.. Worth its money

[Post New]by elske_g on Jan 13, 13 6:56 AM
JessDeeSpiceh wrote:Bought this amazingly entertaining game!
Super out of the box!
Kudos to the developers!
Only wish the glitches on mac game is solved so I can replay it with the full story!!
Currently the people talk "blablabla" with empty speech bubbles...
Looking forward to more of this genre!

I purchased the game from the app store, had no problems at all

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
792 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 29, 13 4:30 AM
I spent 90% of my time navigating around the city. If ever a game needed an interactive map, this is it. I never could have found locations without the flags. When using the flags to point you to a location, the white indicating arrows blink slowly, so if you quickly scan the map edges looking for them, it takes a while. Also you are constantly interrupted with jokes that are not at all funny the tenth time you hear them and serve simply to slow down your movement. So if you are looking for a game that takes a long time to play and wears out your sneakers, this one is perfect for you.

The remaining 10% of my time was spent playing a delightful, engaging, amusing, original game - very similar to Green Moon.

I wish it had been a much shorter game.

floof
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by floof on Jun 10, 13 1:54 AM
Reporting back. This game is awesome! At first I didn't understand it but as I went further into the game I got the feel of it. Frustrating and fun is my way of describing it. Very long game. Wish we had more like it. My first review was a love/hate one but it has changed to I LOVE IT one.

janey3315
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Jun 10, 13 9:45 PM
i'm so very glad i demo'd this deal of the week for just $2.99...omg what a great little fun game....it's just alot of fun and very funny...i've laughed out loud so many times...one thing that is kind of annoying is that pimple faced cop that crowds the screen every 7 or 8 clicks ....but the good parts out weigh the bad...i'm still not finished but i think i'm nearing the end....this developer made "green moon" which is also a great game....happy gaming

try this game for yourself first

Go to: