karbuff
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles technical issues here only

[Post New]by karbuff on Jul 5, 12 10:22 AM
I don't really have an issue that affects this game play, but wanted to let others know that everytime I open this game to play, it runs just fine, but when I pause the game and try to go to my Start menu and access any other program on my computer, it will not allow me to do it. This is very unusual as I can generally pause a game and then check my mail or do an internet search, etc. With this game, I have to actually go to the main menu to even get my Start menu button to work, and then, although it takes me to my desktop, I cannot open anything up. If I control+alt+delete and try to "switch to" anything from there, it will open up my mail or the internet, but the pages are frozen. I have to completely exit the game to go anywhere else. Then, when I do exit the game, all of the icons on my desktop have been rearranged.

This in no way affects my game play, but it is very frustrating that I have to exit the game in order to do anything else. I prefer to be able to leave a game open and paused and do other things on my computer instead of having to close it out and then reopen it everytime I have to do something else. It also really bothers me that upon exiting this game, all of my desktop icons are rearranged. I don't like it when a game does anything on my computer that is not related to the game.

[Post New]by donnalee09 on Jul 5, 12 10:43 AM
smocoz wrote:I can't load this game. I have tried 3X. Please fix.
me too hate to pay for something i cant PLAY whats up

[Post New]by alc51c on Jul 5, 12 3:18 PM
I am also having trouble getting the ladder from under the stairs. Can anyone tell me how to get it?

[Post New]by curiousme on Jul 5, 12 3:28 PM
I am most of the way through the game and the tube needed for the x-ray machine has disappeared out of my inventory, is not available in the office where I got it. I cannot proceed with the game. sad......

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 5, 12 6:32 PM
I really like this game, but my problem with is that during the "movie player" scenes (sorry, don't know what else to call them) it will say "click to continue" but you can click until the cows come home and it doesn't do anything. You just have to wait it out and wait for the scenes to progress on their own. Kind of annoying. But other than that, I like it.

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Jul 6, 12 3:20 AM
After reading the posts, I am afraid to even do a "try me" on this game. I am a member of several gaming sites, including a 3D site that requires a computer that has the graphics card, memory, processors, etc. to play. I have been thru a # of tech site issues with the latter that affected numerous people with varying equipment, and my experience has been that the site needs to have beta testers or staff try to create the conditions/equipment under which most of your customers work. It is also impt. that not all testers are very tech savvy--you have to see it as the novice does--an expert could probably work past a problem quickly and not realize that most players couldn't do that. Then you can identify what the problems are, the solutions, and release a corrected version or a patch of this game. One problem that often arose was that players had different types of graphics cards, some of which were not working with new games, so that issue had to be addressed. I'm sure the Fish tech people are really working hard, so I hope a few comments from my ltd. experience help. Thanks, all--Have a great weekend and please let me know when it's safe to dive into the Oracles pond.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 6, 12 3:54 PM
Enjoyed the other two games so much, brought this one and wow.....it is giving me problems. Still have not resolved problem with another game I brought "Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery".

This is very jerky and will not let me move items to be used and hangs in mini games then I have to alt, ctrl, del to get out. Just very frustrating, hope some one can help or need another game credit issued.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jul 7, 12 4:55 AM
Others having the same problems susieq, me included.

If I were you, I'd ask for a credit. This game was released on the 30th and since it is now the 7th, it would seem a patch or new version is not forthcoming. But you could check with BFG tech support beforehand to see if one is in the works.

One of the things I love about BFG is it is never a hassle to get a credit for buggy/defective games or ones that don't "play well" with the end user's computer. It's a disappointment for us when this happens of course, but not something BFG can remedy sometimes. Any fixes have to come from the devs and if they don't supply them, our only choice is to get a credit and move on to another game.

[Post New]by shondasueann on Jul 8, 12 11:11 AM
I'm having the issue with the hourglass bird missing,without the bird I'm stuck,I've replayed the game over with still the same issue,and at times the game play was choppy and stilted,I have no idea what to do right now,I cant proceed further then this

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 8, 12 2:16 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just want to swim in here and say that if you're experiencing an issue with the game not playing smoothly, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your specific computer and work with you to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Jul 8, 12 4:05 PM
Obviously a no buy for me as I am having the same problem with the screen not filling out my screen.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Jul 8, 12 4:07 PM
I meant to say the game is not filling out my screen. Silly me.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jul 8, 12 5:25 PM
nell50 wrote:This game does not open for me, continuing flickering screen, uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still does not work. This is irritating as I bought without demoing as I loved the previous Flux games and had no problem with them.

I'm having the same problem,just wondering if the solution that was given to you worked or not. I tried their solution but it didn't work for me.

[Post New]by ccmist on Jul 8, 12 8:10 PM
in 7 chapter went to get ladder and it was not there. tried everything. Restarted, closed and tried again with no luck. There is ladder in observatory but cannot get it.

Tryssya2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Tryssya2 on Jul 9, 12 1:19 PM
I am in the middle of playing this game. I have had no serious problems yet except not being able to click to continue when the movies come on, and also the problem with the hand, which will not change back to an arrow unless you move out of the scene and return. But I'm a bit worried about all the technical talk here about updates. I have automatic updating turned on and I thought that covered everything. Is that not so? Should I be continually checking for updates? If so which ones should I check. I know about Java and Adobe Flash, are there any others?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 9, 12 3:20 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in here with some more advice for you:

bunny3620 ~ some customers that have run into an issue with the game not filling their computer screen have been able to clear that up by using the auto adjust feature on your monitor's menu settings.

ccmist ~ we've also seen that a number of customers are having problems with the ladder in particular, and we are collecting information from customers to see why it's happening. You can read more about how to send in your details in the post we've created here.

n2u2nyte ~ if you've tried the other troubleshooting suggestions we've given here on the Forums and are still having problems with the game not opening, please get in touch with Tech Support so they can start working with you directly to get this resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/09/2012 at 3:20:41 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 9, 12 3:36 PM
Hi Tryssya2 and Welcome to the Pond!

Along with the updates Windows will do for you automatically, and ones for Java and Flash, you can also check to make sure that you have the latest updates for your video card and the software that is used to display graphics. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

Our Tech Support team can also take a look at your system and see if you might need an update to one of those. You can get in touch with them by clicking on the green envelope on the right, and then clicking "Contact Us" on the left of the next screen to submit a support ticket. They'll be happy to help and answer any questions you have.

bfgMonongahela

Tryssya2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Tryssya2 on Jul 11, 12 2:58 AM
Thank you bfgMonongahela.

I checked it all out and found that DirectX was at 11, which I understand is the latest necessary for games. I downloaded a Driver Manager from NVIDEA which looks useful. It showed that I had 6 out of date drivers. NVIDEA are offering 2 years of automatic updates for £50 (inc VAT). It will all have to wait though, because I've had a large Vets bill for my cat this month.

[Post New]by tommsbabe on Jul 11, 12 9:20 AM
i bought the game and am on chapter 2. i can not click on the toolbox to get the ring. i am also having the issue with the screen not full.

Edited on 07/11/2012 at 9:22:16 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 11, 12 11:49 AM
Hi tommsbabe,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. For the toolbox issue, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

For the screen not showing fully issue, adjusting your screen resolution can help sometimes. You can see information on how to do that here on this help article:

Screen Resolution

If those help articles aren't working, please let our Tech Support team know so they can help you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Go to: