Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jul 21, 12 6:25 PM
I'm unable to save the music in the extras section. I selected the tracks and clicked the save button and it asked if I wanted to save the music to My Documents, I said yes, but when I went to My Documents the music wasn't there. After several attempts I uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same problem. I look forward to collecting the music from these games and it's one of the reason I by the CE version. Is this a known bug. I've not had the problem with any other ERS title.

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by stephensmim on Jul 22, 12 5:37 PM
got to where i had to get the trash can lid and the wheel spoke. got both of them but when i went to apply them they disappeared and now not showing in the inventory and are no longer on the screen to pick up.

[Post New]by GinaCripps on Jul 23, 12 12:09 PM
One of my inventory items has disappeared. The jukebox key-I found it but it didn't find it's way into my inventory. The other issue is the blue ball, I found it and played along with all three of the balls. Now I need the blue ball to continue the game. Where do these items disappear to and how do I get them back?

[Post New]by vondahl on Jul 23, 12 9:58 PM
SyrensSong wrote:Has anyone had a problem in the piano room with the photo? I picked up the photo in the garage, and it's supposed to go into the photo frame in the piano room (according to SG), but it's not in my inventory

I,m having the same problem!

Edited on 07/23/2012 at 10:00:19 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 24, 12 12:39 AM
vondahl wrote:
SyrensSong wrote:Has anyone had a problem in the piano room with the photo? I picked up the photo in the garage, and it's supposed to go into the photo frame in the piano room (according to SG), but it's not in my inventory

I,m having the same problem!
There are two photos in the garage. The one you need is behind the sun visor inside the car. The other one won't go into your inventory.

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Jul 24, 12 7:01 AM
I picked the photo up in the garage, and when i needed to use it, it was not in my inventory i went back to look for it and it was gone. Without the photo i cannot put it in the picture frame and pick up the screwdriver to progress.

I had to uninstall.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 24, 12 2:39 PM
Jools_99 wrote:I picked the photo up in the garage, and when i needed to use it, it was not in my inventory i went back to look for it and it was gone. Without the photo i cannot put it in the picture frame and pick up the screwdriver to progress.

I had to uninstall.
If you look at the post right above yours you will see that I just answered that very same question for someone else. You didn't pick up the correct photo. The one you need is behind the sun visor inside the car.

[Post New]by GinaCripps on Jul 26, 12 10:29 AM
i'M STILL WAITING TO FIND OUT HOW TO RETRIEVE INVENTORY TO CONTINUE THE GAME. I HAD THE JUKEBOX KEY AND THE BLUE BALL AND NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM BUT DON'T KNOW HOW. PLEASE LET ME IN ON THIS SECRET.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Jul 30, 12 6:55 PM
I received the same error twice. The first time was when I first started the game and talked to the maid. Once I went back in, I was able to play until I reached the part where the kitten needed to be brushed. The game froze again and I received the same access violation error.

cherbtoo wrote:For information purposes ... I experienced an

Error: Access Violation at 0x6D747237
(tried to write to 0x728C132C), program terminated

This occurred as I was trying to pick the knife up after completing the match the blade with the handle puzzle.

However when I went back into the game it gave me the knife and I was able to continue playing.

Cherb

[Post New]by gester01 on Aug 2, 12 6:56 PM
I had a question about not using the container of water and the thimble around the baby pigeons. I was able to finish the game, so it didn't stall the game. I am using XP, and the game did close up on me twice in the original game (FYI). Also, (FYI) I found the use of the term solution for the stencil was confusing later on then it looked like you might want the purified water and the missing spade tile to get through the door near the torn sheet. Maybe it was just me.

Edited on 08/03/2012 at 12:29:41 AM PST

[Post New]by jenl2881 on Aug 11, 12 11:34 AM
WilJul wrote:
There are actually two photos in the garage to pick up. Sounds like you have missed the one in the sun visor in the car - that's the one you need to put in the frame in the piano room. Good luck!

Thanks you are a life saver!

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Aug 24, 12 7:43 PM
i am up to the part to put the glass cutter on the car window to open the door, and no matter where i put it, it keeps going back into inventory.
anyone else have this problem?
please help, i really love this game.

[i just had the same exact problem with another game last week, the anchor wouldnt go into its slot,uninstalled,reinstalled, and had worse problems, now that game is half the size of my screen.] im afraid to do that here, dont want to have anymore problems, just want to play the game. i had to leave the other game uninstalled.

am i doing something wrong[i hope].

thanks for your help.

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Aug 24, 12 7:53 PM
i am sooo slow...just found the puzzle for the glass cutter! i feel so silly!

thank you anyway,

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Aug 24, 12 8:09 PM
i hope you are saying the pic on the work table i didnt need,cause i dont have it either. i put the one from the sunvisor in the piano room, but there are 2 more pics needed. am i going to get them later, or did i mess up?

help, please!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 25, 12 1:58 PM
serenity7x wrote:i hope you are saying the pic on the work table i didnt need,cause i dont have it either. i put the one from the sunvisor in the piano room, but there are 2 more pics needed. am i going to get them later, or did i mess up?

help, please!
You'll find the two other pics later in the game.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Aug 28, 12 9:17 PM

"Tomsde said"
I'm unable to save the music in the extras section. I selected the tracks and clicked the save button and it asked if I wanted to save the music to My Documents, I said yes, but when I went to My Documents the music wasn't there.

Same thing happened to me. Tried several times but fails to download to the document files. Trying to get the music files through the games file folders also is a no go. To bad since the music was pretty good.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 22, 12 9:56 PM
I am getting an access violation error saying that the program has asked to terminate "in an unusual manner". THAT's a new one! Yes, I know, click on the access violation link. I am running Windows 7 on a new computer with a dedicated AMD Radeon video card and all updated software. Can't wait to see what caused this.

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bonny1957 on Dec 19, 12 2:55 PM
My problem is the garage I go in to Marios picture it goes into the journal not my inventory so when I go to the stairwell above the piano and I am to put Mario's picture there I cannot, it is in my journal. Now what I have had no other issues. I even exited and restarted game under another name and with the same results.

[Post New]by alexshe on Aug 17, 13 8:56 AM
Hi! I just started playing and have problem with first unscrewing the fire exhausted and then using shovel in the sand. The tools don't 'fit' when I drag them to the objects/places. I tried restarting my iPad and reinstalling the game, however these made no difference. What am I doing wrong or is it the game? Please help

[Post New]by manarat on Aug 17, 13 10:01 AM
alexshe wrote:Hi! I just started playing and have problem with first unscrewing the fire exhausted and then using shovel in the sand. The tools don't 'fit' when I drag them to the objects/places. I tried restarting my iPad and reinstalling the game, however these made no difference. What am I doing wrong or is it the game? Please help

I'm having the same problem--the screwdriver won't unscrew the fire extinguisher.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 10:02:17 AM PST

Go to: