jb_42
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by jb_42 on Aug 3, 12 4:22 PM
You can add me to the list as well for the missing HOG scene to get the walking stick in the bonus section. I've sent in a Dr. Felix report and am hopeful that BFG will get the glitch resolved as the customer service has always been very good. thanks BFG!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 4, 12 8:14 AM
I keep checking back here for a new version, but after all this time and all these Dr-Felix-reports sent in, still -- nothing?!

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on Aug 5, 12 11:47 AM
I, too, am having a problem with the HOS in the bonus game- the scene isn't there so I can't get the walking stick. Like so many other people having this problem, I had started the bonus game, left it, and come back to it. I sure hope this gets fixed!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 5, 12 12:52 PM
List of 39 people that have posted problems with HOS and/or picking up things in bonus

gingergal
michelle4645
muse 13
kmoar5
LRB1129
rhondalay
stickykeef
patriciaann
HDclassic (bonus thread)
cateyes51 (bonus thread)
saltwaterfish (bonus thread)
uwflossi (bonus thread)
skrjr (bonus thread)
venusshines2000 (bonus thread)
gizmoff (shovel thread)
jill165x
candaianyay
bobo144
violetsf (bonus thread)
penhaligon (bonus thread)
allynan
faireydaisy (bonus thread)
echo2findaheart (bonus thread)
moosa3
simisola
margit50
txpeach100
sjsullivan (bonus glitch thread)
mainegamer
DD
jb 42
elefontess
liberty 1234
awvines
boogweez (stuck in bonus thread)
lizFish (stuck in bonus thread)
llw1249 (stuck in bonus thread)
reddwarf (stuck in bonus thread)
deb sez hi (stuck in bonus thread)

It looks like quite a few have sent in DR felix reports to CS

I have sent a Dr felix to CS, could everyone who has a problem send a DR felix report to CS and the more detailed you give with the problem the better apparently.

Lets hope we hear something soon and it will get fixed.

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 3:44:28 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 5, 12 2:00 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just want to swim in here and add to gingergal's post about sending in a Dr. Felix Report.

One reason we ask everyone to send in a Dr. Felix is so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Also, while some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads, others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in through our Contact Us page.

And a big THANK YOU to gingergal for keeping track of this issue here, and to all those Fishies who have already sent in their Dr. Felix.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by elefontess on Aug 5, 12 11:13 PM
My tech issue is that I beat the game and I'm in the Bonus Adventure part. The only things I have in my inventory is a chicken foot, ham and the Moonstone. I have placed one ruby into a spider. Every time when I hit the hint button it's saying "There is no available thing to do here. Try another area" And I've gone to every area and nothing works. So I looked through the strategy guide and apparently there should be a HOS next to the finger type writer but NOTHING happens. It's not glowing nothing. I have backed out of the game and entered it countless times. I don't want to completely uninstall it and re-install it just to have to play the WHOLE game again. If there's anything else I can do...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Aug 7, 12 5:14 PM
I'm in the exact same boat as the poster directly above me - I know there should be a HOS to play, but none appears, and the hint button just tells me to go somewhere else. Boo!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Sept24 on Aug 8, 12 1:33 PM
Sept24 wrote:I am also having a problem in the bonus game. I played a hidden object scene and was given a strange looking typewriter key and I went to install it where it goes and I have no inventory because the inventory won't drop down. I am almost finished completely and it is so frustrating as I certainly don't want to start all over at this point but hate not finishing the game. I took a chance when I purchased the game as I was not able to play a demo. I downloaded the demo and it said trial over. I have obviously really liked the previous Echoes game and bought the CE without a trial. Was fine with my purchase till now.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Aug 8, 12 1:47 PM
Opps I meant to hit quote and comment that I went back into the game to check again if there was anyway to continue on in the game or get it to work and the inventory was working and I was able to finish the game. So weird but I'm happy to be able to finish.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 8, 12 2:13 PM
Hi Fishies,

For problems with missing inventory items or Hidden Object scenes, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Depending on the operating system being used, this shouldn't remove your saved game data so you can resume where you left off. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, you can contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Liberty1234 on Aug 9, 12 6:12 PM
gingergal wrote:I either exited the game (properly through main menu etc) in the middle of the hidden object scene in the bonus or I didn't pick up the shovel at the end (can't remember) but now when I am in the bonus I don't have the shovel, can't get back into the hidden object scene and have done everything else. Looked at walkthrough and I'm stuck,

I tried to restart the bonus game from the beginning but don't think I can? There is no way I am replaying this from the beginning of the whole game!

So frustrating as it seems I can't finish the game?

edit - I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still the same.

Me too, I can't get the HOS for the shovel, to get the root, in the bonus game. Please get a fix.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 15, 12 2:50 PM
Yes the update is here, so for those of you who haven't replayed it I hope it works for you and happy gaming.

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Aug 18, 12 11:38 PM
I just installed it today & bought it after finishing the demo. It installed the full version & now I get an error message telling me there isn't a disk in the drive & that I need to insert one. Ummm, this is a downloaded game not installed from a cd.

[Post New]by hotbowler178 on Aug 19, 12 7:46 PM
Downloaded "Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of Witch" CE. Got the following error message when I tried to start the game "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk3\DR3" Could not cancel/continue or anything. Used Task Manager to stop the game (indicated that it was running), this took several tries. Instead of closing out the program, the game then launched. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by judyglenning on Aug 21, 12 7:36 PM
hotbowler178 wrote:Downloaded "Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of Witch" CE. Got the following error message when I tried to start the game "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk3\DR3" Could not cancel/continue or anything. Used Task Manager to stop the game (indicated that it was running), this took several tries. Instead of closing out the program, the game then launched. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results.

I contacted tech support about this same problem. She had me uninstall the game from the computer control panel instead of the game manager and when I reinstalled the issue was solved.

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by hotbowler178 on Aug 22, 12 5:30 AM
judyglenning wrote:
hotbowler178 wrote:Downloaded "Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of Witch" CE. Got the following error message when I tried to start the game "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk3\DR3" Could not cancel/continue or anything. Used Task Manager to stop the game (indicated that it was running), this took several tries. Instead of closing out the program, the game then launched. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results.

I contacted tech support about this same problem. She had me uninstall the game from the computer control panel instead of the game manager and when I reinstalled the issue was solved.

Thanks judyglenning. That worked. Now to see how the rest of the games does. I also notified tech support 3 days ago and have not had a reply which is unusual. Thanks again.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 23, 12 11:38 PM

Yep, I get that same message, but just click twice to continue and it is fine from there.

Celticcoco

[Post New]by hotbowler178 on Aug 24, 12 6:38 PM
I have to click "Cancel" on the error message 5 or 6 times before the game will start. Weird way to start a game.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Aug 25, 12 8:25 PM
Liberty1234 wrote:
gingergal wrote:I either exited the game (properly through main menu etc) in the middle of the hidden object scene in the bonus or I didn't pick up the shovel at the end (can't remember) but now when I am in the bonus I don't have the shovel, can't get back into the hidden object scene and have done everything else. Looked at walkthrough and I'm stuck,

I tried to restart the bonus game from the beginning but don't think I can? There is no way I am replaying this from the beginning of the whole game!

So frustrating as it seems I can't finish the game?

edit - I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still the same.

Me too, I can't get the HOS for the shovel, to get the root, in the bonus game. Please get a fix.

Been waiting on a fix for this problem for ages.... Update still doesn't work!!!

[Post New]by raynestormrn on Sep 7, 12 8:46 PM
The only issue i've come across, and it doesn't prevent game play, it's just annoying, is a message i've started getting when launching the game. it didn't happen until the game was finished, and i was on the bonus chapter. Now when launching the game i get an error message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk2\dr2" with three buttons (like typical no disk in drive errors) cancel, try again, continue.

After clicking any of the choices about five times, the game will launch.

again, doesn't prevent me from playing the game, and i've completely finished it, including bonus chapter, but it sure is annoying.

Go to: