angua2001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal technical issues here only

[Post New]by angua2001 on Aug 7, 12 11:23 AM
Wish I had read the forum comments regarding issues with this game before I purchased it..

Anyway I am having much the same issues as other fishies report on, ie being stuck in a loop, repeating the same puzzles. It's definately buggy or an evil plan to send bf gamers stark raving mad.

It almost seems that you have to solve puzzles in a particular order to progress. However if you solve a puzzle and need to go back into your room to say open the trunk or the casket on the dresser, the doors to the armoury and stables reset to being locked again and you have to go back and redo puzzles to get the items to open them, hense the myriad of complaints about being stuck in an infinate loop. Plus if you return your room to obtain items to open the other two outside rooms (armoury and stables) you seem to have to pick up the knapsack (bag) from the chest once again before you can exit the room. I gave up trying to solve the puzzles after I collected 19 bags in my second player profile !!!

Some of the other buggy bits I have found ingame are:
1. If you solve the casket puzzle but click on it again, you get a blurry image of what should be the close up of the top of the casket but what appears to be the top of the dresser with an outline of the casket. You cannot however move away from this window back into the room and instead have to escape back to the main menu and restart the game.
2.Problems trying to pay the toll & exit papers. You need to give both at once. I hadn't found the necessary paperwork but handed in the toll fee. Unfortunately the puzzle for the toll wasn't triggered on a second occassion, so I could progress no further. Still got no clue how I could get the paperwork.
3. The area you place an object to give light under the bed doesn't work when you put it where you are prompted to place it..ie you can't see under the bed. It simply triggers the chest HOG again!

Also I am at a complete loss at the bookcase puzzle, unsure whether it's buggy, glitchy or just me not understanding what I am supposed to do. I tried to use any and all of the objects in my itinery. The game suggested I look for a hint, but the only thing I could think of was the symbols above the throne, however only one is repeated in the bookcase, and nothing happens if you click on it. In desperation I tried the hint button, and to no surprise it didn't work either LOL.

Think am giving up for now and await a patch or will contact customer support.

rhonda1968
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal technical issues here only

[Post New]by rhonda1968 on Aug 7, 12 11:24 AM
there is something very wrong with this game i have over 30 crowbars and sack, then let me go to next room, than back to the bedroom and the door locked,

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Aug 7, 12 12:22 PM
Yep same here and thank goodness it is just the demo and I had not bought the game. Never did get out of the room, just kept telling me to go to the same spots over and over. I did however get enough keys to up the so called box on the dresser but then when I was forced to go to the same HOS again, I went back to the box and was frozen there. Nope what ever you do, do not buy this game it has plenty of glitches. I am very surprised at BFG sending out this game before it was tested. What has happened to them, are they just sending out games without testing them first now. Or what. I have been with BFG for several years now with out any problems, but it seems now that there are problems with many of the games. If it see others on the forum mentioning problems I stay clear usually, but this time I really wanted to see for my self. Sure enough all of you were right. If you decide to try this game just be sure you were for warned.

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Aug 7, 12 1:16 PM
I am glad that BFG is looking into the strange and weird looping error. It seems to happen only when you leave a scene to do a hos or play a minigame. Just wanted to add my two cents.

I am glad that BFG is looking into the strange and weird looping error. It seems to happen only when you leave a scene to do a hos or play a minigame. Just wanted to add my two cents.

OH NOOOOOOooooooooooooo.........

angua2001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by angua2001 on Aug 7, 12 2:00 PM
mamamaggie wrote:I am glad that BFG is looking into the strange and weird looping error. It seems to happen only when you leave a scene to do a hos or play a minigame. Just wanted to add my two cents.

OH NOOOOOOooooooooooooo.........

LMAO!!!

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 7, 12 2:07 PM

Thanks bfg Cimaron for the help!! I changed it so it ran as a administrater and the game played fine except to play it that way I had to launch from the c drive and the game itself. After a little while I was afraid my demo time would shortly run out so got out of the game.My demo time still had the 24 minutes I started with and it should have only had a few minutes left. Not only that I could not start the game from the manager.Now that I know there is a possible way to play this game what I want to know is once I buy this game will I now be able to start from my desktop and\or the game manager? Hope you get back to me because when the game worked right I really like everything about it.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 7, 12 2:26 PM
HaHa MamaMaggie! HaHa MamaMaggie! HaHa MamaMaggie!

I saw the developer/developer/developer, so I thought/thought/thought I'd buy/buy/buy this one sight unseen/unseen/unseen!!!

A mistake/mistake/mistake!!! I'll send/send/send a / / to / / 's CS/CS/CS sometime soon/soon/soon!

I'm not too sure/sure/sure I'll try a review/review/review!!! Wow/Wow/Wow--it's really easy/easy/easy to memorize H0s when they loop/loop/loop in just a few/few/few minutes!

These remarks are maybe/maybe/maybe worthy of a "Review" and some "Comments"/"Comments"/"Comments."

Did BFG/BFG/BFG "quality control"/"quality control"/"quality control" this thing?

Regards/Regards/Regards, elldee

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Aug 7, 12 2:49 PM
Bad Game-
Big Fish-You test these before you put them up for sale.
Me-I should have read the reviews first.
I wasted a credit on this POS.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Aug 7, 12 4:30 PM
I haven't read all the issues as of yet I will.. I bought the game and had no troubles.. but every so often (twice now) it claims runtime error - contact the applications support group or something like that. it closes out,, I restart and all goes well for awhile and then happens again. Next time I will write down exact words and send you a green envelope.. I'm enjoying the game except for that.. Now lets hope it starts again... I know you will be there and do all you can do to get these issues straightened out.. You haven't failed me yet...

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Aug 7, 12 4:36 PM
Ive read every comment, and agree with the critics of this game. Sounded a good game, but too much going wrong!
I personally thought BFG provided good games, but they got it wrong with this one

[Post New]by jimlinda829 on Aug 7, 12 6:01 PM
Groundhog Day! I tried 3 different profiles, each with a different level of difficulty & they were all repeats. Only on the 1st try did I manage to make it out to the barn & forest with the cute little tree. (Never could find the gold or silver for him) All my other attempts I was stuck in the bedroom. Would really love to purchase this one but I will wait for the fix to happen first. Keeping my fingers crossed! After all the trouble, BF should offer this at a discount when it is fixed!

[Post New]by mysticlady4 on Aug 7, 12 7:55 PM
nelliegemini wrote:I posted this in the 'can't progress' thread, but it is a technical issue, so am repeating it here. The OP tishythree couldn't get out of the first room, and the same HOG kept appearing.

I found the same, the sack/inventory reappears, help tells you to click it and you're back where you started (I now have 3 crowbars and 3 sack in my inventory - I'm ready for anything!)

If you go out the door and meet the Tsar, he leaves the room after a short chat. You do the next HOG scene, and hey presto, he's back. Take my advice and ignore him, he only has the same things to say and the HOG scene reappears.

Now, what can I do with all those crowbars .......

ETA - I'll put this in the technical issue thread as well.

I am having same issue as everyone else. game is one big glitch, I moved on the second room hoping the 1st was just a fluke and still got several gloves and king keeps coming back.

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Aug 7, 12 8:50 PM
First scene is stuck in a loop. I've played it 5 times now. Thanks

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Aug 7, 12 9:07 PM
Several times the game froze up and I needed to open the Task Manager to close out the game. When the game closed, I had an error message that stated I had a Run Time error. After several attempts, I gave up, contacted Customer Support and requested a game credit.

I do not know if my computer did not get along well with the game or if the problem was just the game itself, but the game ran choppy...not smoothly like the other good games.

To bad because I was looking forward to playing the entire game.

[Post New]by irssecretary on Aug 7, 12 9:54 PM
I am going to post the same issues as everyone else, I have done the same thing in the first room over and over and over. I can't get out of the room. I paid for this game, site unseen after watching the video. So, you can imagine that I am not happy. I don't think in all the years I have been with big fish, I have ever had as big a problem with a game as this one. Please help!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 8, 12 2:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

We would like to thank you for your patience while we addressed the issues with this game. We are happy to announce a new build of the game today and for more information on that, please see the following thread:

UPDATE! New Version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Available today! 8th August 2012.

To ensure you have this new version of the game, all you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the game.

Finally, as this is a technical issue that has now been resolved, I will be locking this thread and posting a new tech thread, to help us deal with any issues that may crop up with this newest version.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Go to: