cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Post any Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 19, 12 10:35 PM
dancemom1 wrote:HELP! I'm having the same problem as knordin84. As soon as I got the first crystal, my potion disappeared. Now I'm stuck and can't go forward or backward. Now what. I am not going to be happy if I have to start this game all over again! Thanks

I had the same problem . I had finished everything but the potion...no potion in the inventory. I accidentally clicked to the left of the inventory bar (to the left of the arrow) and the potion suddenly showed up in the inventory. There is definitely an inventory glitch. I was able to complete the regular game and am off to try the bonus...with my fingers crossed! Try clicking around as a temp fix until there is a permanent one.

Re:Post any Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by OliveRidley on Aug 20, 12 3:24 AM
I had a few problems with the crystal section. I lined the tea cups up in the second crystal room, I even checked the strategy guide but it wouldn't give me the crystal and I ended up having to skip it.

The crystal with the musical instruments had a problem with the inventory bar not moving over so it looked like I had lost one instrument.

With the final fight I found that the potion had completely vanished. I tried moving the inventory bar to the left with no change but by chance moving over the bar pulled up the word potion even though I couldn't see. I clicked on the invisible potion, then the witch and it worked fine.

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on Aug 20, 12 5:24 AM
I am at the last HOS before using the potion but I cannot get the last item (samurai)as it appears to be off the screen at the top of the scene ............. grrr. Absolutely gutted now.

[Post New]by nerdgeekdude on Aug 20, 12 6:01 AM
Hi everyone. The demo for this game worked fine, so I bought it. Now I keep getting an Access Violation error message just after the second opening screen. The demo worked fine so I don't know why I am getting this message. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Aug 20, 12 6:30 AM
Asha28 wrote:I am at the last HOS before using the potion but I cannot get the last item (samurai)as it appears to be off the screen at the top of the scene ............. grrr. Absolutely gutted now.

I have the same problem. The Hint always points to the top of the screen, but there is not that item. The word "Samurai" is green, it must be hidden somewhere on the screen, but i cannot see it and the cursor is not change its form to the hand at all.
I don`t know what I`m doing wrong. Uninstall / Reinstall does not help.

ETA: I created new profile and started from the beginning. This time I could find "samurai", it`s behind the right cabinet door, you must open it. But first time i could not open this door, it was not active. And I don`t know why.

Edited on 08/20/2012 at 10:18:16 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 20, 12 7:36 AM
i am at the shelf with instuments, i have arranged them, left and came back to the same shelf and now i can not back away from shelf.------please help

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 20, 12 3:12 PM
OzzyRobyn wrote:I do not have the bonus chapter, which some reviewers say they have and other reviewers say they don't. This is pretty major when one has paid the premium price. I uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled, but still no bonus game play.

This may have been answered but you need to go to "change player' on the main menu once you've finished the basic game. In the bottom right corner, there is a button for the bonus game. Confusing, I know!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 20, 12 4:28 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're running into issues with inventory items disappearing and uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work (This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should), then please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support department and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you and this will help us better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

If you're running into issues with an Access Violation, I would also use the link above to get in touch with support. However, in the meantime I would check out the steps in this help article here:

Access Violation

It goes over what can cause these issues and a few steps that we've found can clear it up in some cases. I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 20, 12 6:00 PM
I had no problems at all - until I got to the bonus game! When I jumped down into the grave, all I got was a blackbackground with a large dark brown patch in the middle - lookslike a tile or perhaps the dirt in the bottom of the grave, but I can't go forward or backward, can't get the hint to work, none of the powers or inventory items help, and no matter where I put my cursor on the screen it stays the same. All I can do is shut the game down, which I tried a couple of times already - but when I launch the game again and go back into the bonus game, I am stuck in the same place.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Aug 20, 12 6:27 PM
I have the same problem as others. Almost finished with the Bonus Game but only have 2 boards. Have gone back to gazebo, fireplace, and tomb and boards are all gone. Very frustrating not to be able to complete the game. This is a really great game otherwise.

[Post New]by Stemrose on Aug 20, 12 6:45 PM
The Pearl disappeared in the 5th chapter when I opened the chest by using the Taming icon on the snake. Can you tell me what the problem could be??

[Post New]by ladywuf on Aug 20, 12 7:30 PM
tblair wrote:i am in the room where i need to use or find the crystals but my game has froze, can't use hint , strategy guide or click on menu to get out of game. i even unistalled and reinstalled and no such luck onit working

I'm at the same point in the game..still have my potion but cannot leave room to find the needed crystals to finish

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 21, 12 5:45 AM
ladywuf wrote:
tblair wrote:i am in the room where i need to use or find the crystals but my game has froze, can't use hint , strategy guide or click on menu to get out of game. i even unistalled and reinstalled and no such luck onit working

I'm at the same point in the game..still have my potion but cannot leave room to find the needed crystals to finish

At this point you won't be leaving the room in the usual way (by going toward an edge) but going toward each of the girls. Hover your cursor around each of the girls one at a time and click it when the cursor changes, and you will enter the areas where you will find the crystals.

[Post New]by two_many_games on Aug 21, 12 6:55 AM
two_many_games wrote:Was going along great and then.... I got the pearl but I don't go by the guide unless I am really stuck. When I checked the guide I discovered that I did not go to the bed area I went to the chest. It took my pearl, will not give me the corkscrew now I can't fix the painting or open the wine bottle. Please help!!!

I have uninstalled and re-installed, I have been all over places in the game. Still no PEARL and cannot get the corkscrew. Are there going to be fixes to this game soon???

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on Aug 21, 12 8:46 AM
Thanks Jirafa, but I am not of a mind to start over. I guess I should have opened the right hand cupboard first, however like you, I am sure it was not active when I opened the HOS. Of course this means I cannot access the bonus game - I should have waited for the SE - hindsight?!! This is really frustrating as the game is really very good ................ if it worked!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 21, 12 9:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here to ask that those of you who are running into issues with Inventory items disappearing or the bonus game not working to please get in touch with our Tech Support and send them the details of the issue using our Dr. Felix Report.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 21, 12 10:43 AM
i have arranged all the instruments and left the scene, when i came back to the same shelf, i have a shelf with nothing on it and i do not know what to do?.......please help---------- i can not back away from the shelf...........

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Aug 21, 12 10:59 AM
get to the angel in the bonus game and it freezes have tried it three times and it does the same thing every time is it just me or are these games getting very iffy more glitches than anything else

[Post New]by DELTA09011 on Aug 21, 12 12:52 PM
agnesnic wrote:I have reached the bridge. I completed the HO after stopping the water flowing. Went to the mechanism on the bridge, used oil, picked up 2nd feather and winch started turning but gap in the bridge remains and I cannot cross the bridge.

I have a bear key, knife, 2 feathers - do not know where to use key. Any help greatly appreciated

[b]Same here, i will give a go, thanks for help

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 21, 12 4:16 PM
Bonus Game Issue:

I was looking for the third board to use on the scaffolding. I saw from the strategy guide that I didn't pick up the board from the fireplace. I have already started the fire and made the tin ring and now I can't zoom back into the fireplace to retrieve the board. I believe this is a glitch as the only way I can see to get past this is to start the bonus game over. I don't think it's a long game to replay, but still frustrating.

Linda.

Go to: