[Post New]by lookywho on Feb 23, 13 8:40 AM
great game to play enjoyed all of it

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 18, 13 7:04 PM
I play the entire game and I have to say that in comparison to the other two games I have "Lord of Mirrors" and "Queen of Death," this one was pretty good.

Good graphics nice stages, you move to different locations finding keys, I actually enjoyed the game very much.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 15, 13 2:01 PM
SPOILER IN MY REVIEW - it's noted as a spoiler
(based on about half of the game):
I don't know what prompted me to buy the CE. It was a mistake. If I could turn back time I would purchase this game only as a DD. It's not really even SE quality. There is no journal and no map and both are needed. This game seems to have been hastily thrown together with little thought given to anything other than the story line (which is pretty good).

For awhile I thought the witch must be blind as she talks to the protagonist (the player) but rarely faces her. That bothered me but not nearly as much as the music at the beginning and during every single HOS. The music is fine outside of the HOS (except at the beginning where it is pure torture) and so I didn't want to mute it but every time I saw those sparkles I thought, "Oh no! Not that music AGAIN!" I would click on everything (no penalty) just to get through.

Put on your walking shoes because you will be walking miles in this game, back and forth, back and forth. And when you try to back up the Inventory pops up like a little mini-game - how to get the cursor to form an arrow without the Inventory blocking it. Not much fun.

Puzzle instructions: "I think I'll just move these around." Those are instructions? Oy vey!!

SPOILER:

How does one know what is in a basket? I would look in the basket, not do what the protagonist does! Also, how does one insert a coin into a theatre the size of a doorknob? Why can't I stop that dog with my ability to stop things? And why do I have to shoot a pea at a bird? I would never do that! How cruel, even in a game!

END OF SPOILER

At this point I don't care what happens. I'm using hint after hint just to get through this game that had promise but never delivers. I was hoping it would be creepy instead of boring. Maybe this game appears worse to me than others because the last two games I played were fantastic. But this is a CE; it should be better than it is, not so sloppy and ill thought-out. The more I play the more disappointed I become and the more I wish I had not wasted money on this stinker.

Addendum: I've read some of the other reviews. Some say the hints provided were "there's nothing to do here" or something like that. I'm confused. All I ever get is an arrow! And now I've read a review which states that first the hints were words and then became arrows. Say what??? Do all of us have the same game??

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 5:37:15 PM PST

[Post New]by MemereNarbonne on Jul 10, 13 12:53 PM
I have loved the game despite some glitches. My problem, near the end of the game, is that some of my power buttons have disappeared. I can proceed no further than the art room; can't liberate the picture creatures.

Go to: