bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 29, 12 3:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

I know how vexing it can be to not be able to go on in a game!

If the steps that have been posted here before don't help, please contact our Tech Support and , if possible, include a Dr. Felix with your message so they have all the information together right away.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 29, 12 6:06 AM
I agree that this game was released too soon -- I also have the other games in this series and with the exception of the goblin one, they all played quite well. This one, while it took a long time to load, seemed to play fine and I didn't have any noticeable lags in scenes loading; however, three times I had to exit the game so that an object I was trying to pick up or use on another object would actually do what it was supposed to do: twice in regular gameplay (the scenes involving picking up the gears for the fireplace and one other scene) and once in the epilogue (using the hammer on the center of the gryowhatever it was - absolutely nothing happened, until I exited and returned to the game). I would click on something and nothing would happen. Also, I found the little squares indicating a task to be performed were really clunky to click on and then use properly. Other than that, technically at least, the game played well, but that was really irritating. I'm going to comment in the review thread on the game play itself.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 29, 12 8:13 AM
I'm thinking an update for this game is the answer as so many of us are having the same issues. Most of us do not want to uninstall and reinstall and start all over again.

[Post New]by maghere2050 on Aug 29, 12 10:50 AM
I have been unable to do the charcoal rubbings due to the paper disappeared after I clicked on it. my charcoal stick responds but wheren the owl says my paper should be, there is none. any suggestions. I have Windows 7(?)/ Vista, and I downloaded the game using IE not Google. any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

quote=Joyfullady]brncoram - I thought the scissors also disappeared but there are a couple other things you have to do and then you get the scissors back and complete cutting out the dress. [b]DEVELOPERS I have been a huge fan of Awakening - but this game was released too early and needs to be readdressed! There are at least two areas where word directions are messed up. It refreshes very slowly - and I have changed drivers, etc. it's the game and transition times. You can click on items and they don't always respond to the clicks! The directions for putting the item together using the tool kit is incorrect and you need to go to the SG to find this out. Things are slow to react or don't react. I can't understand how the unicorn can be in two places at the same time. There needs to be better directions on playing some of the games. The charcoal in the one mini-task with the paper was extremely difficult as it didn't respond and you'd go back and try again and then it would respond. I am currently at level 3 and I can't tell you the number of mini-games I have had to skip even with the hint and strategy guide. Who ever thought of not putting a direct connection within the game to the SG I'm not happy with you! Going out to the menu finding the SG and coming back wastes the enjoyment of the game. The SG pictures are also a bit hazy and often to small to see what you are looking at. Right now I am so frustrated with the game and the slow pace that all enjoyment for the game has been lost and I simply want to get to the end. This was not the case with the other games in the series. Moonfell Woods I was glued to my seat the whole time!

Edited to say I am using a PC w/Vista updates.

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 10:57:43 AM PST

[Post New]by Islandgrammie on Aug 29, 12 11:00 AM
After trying all the posted suggestions re: absent cursor, it still doesn't work. Any recourse to deleting the game and getting credits reinstated? Too bad, looked like a great game!

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 29, 12 3:09 PM
I contacted Boomzap directly about having lost the piece of paper, along with the charcoal "pen" underneath the barrel of ashes, in the Sky Castle entrance hall HOG. The following is their e-mail response to me:

[Removed by Moderator]

If the piece of paper has gotten stuck under the barrel (hidden by the interface), it should still be possible to retrieve it. Click around slowly under the interface (avoiding the ‘exit’ cursor hotspots) until you hear the sound of the paper being picked up (a sort of dry-paper rasp) – the paper should attach to the mouse. You can then drag it out from underneath the interface.

[Removed by Moderator]

So, this means that the Boomzap staff ARE AWARE of this glitch and, perhaps, others. I've spent hours trying to retrieve both the charcoal "pen" and the piece of paper. I was successful with the pen but not the paper. Thus, I cannot go forward with the game, until such time as they get this "glitch" fixed. I have no idea how long that will take.

Thought you all might want to know. I LOVED the first two Awakening games but was never able to get either version of The Goblin Kingdom to play on my computer. Needless to say, I was THRILLED that The Skyward Castle played readily for me. However, I too have had numerous episodes of having to click all over the place, in order to get a single HOG object to move in any direction, or go where I wanted it to go.

From what I can see, they skimped on the artwork & appear to have devoted more of their energies, this time around, to creating more innovative (though, to me, less interesting) minigames & more varied settings. This one doesn't seem as polished in its artwork, as the first two were. Sophia's personality/character seems bland, this time around, like she's going through the motions - is robotic in her interactions with other characters - thus weakening the storyline. The storyline & characters seemed more carefully thought out, within the first two games in this series. I haven't taken the time yet to see how many original developers from those two games were involved in the making of this one.

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 1:49:21 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 12 1:54 AM
Hi Fishies!

For those of you experiencing performance issues, have you tried following the advice in the help article below to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game plays including elements such as the cursor.

If the issues persist after checking out that article or you have tried this already, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

If you choose to contact Support, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report is a good idea so they can get to helping you immediately.

Thanks and good luck!

bfgBaikal

Blueden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Blueden on Aug 31, 12 11:34 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

For those of you experiencing performance issues, have you tried following the advice in the help article below to see if there are any updates that you can run?

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game plays including elements such as the cursor.

If the issues persist after checking out that article or you have tried this already, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

If you choose to contact Support, attaching a <a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688>Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> is a good idea so they can get to helping you immediately.

Thanks and good luck!

bfgBaikal

Sorry, I tried all the things you recomendet, Help-Page, Tech-Support with Dr. Felix.
The result is: nothing changed. I'm still stuck in the first scene and they are unable to help me. and told me

Ich habe soeben nochmals nachgesehen ob uns hierzu bei dem Spiel ein Fehler bekannt ist.
Bisher konnten wir hierzu noch nichts feststellen
meens: there are no known errors in the game????

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Aug 31, 12 5:59 PM
I downloaded this game without incident, however, when I went to start the game, the screen went black and I had a blue box floating around my screen that states, “Frequency out of area”. I had to manually shut down my computer to close out of this. When I started back up it was as though I never downloaded the game at all. I downloaded again and had the exact same problem, except I had sound this time. Once again I had to manually shut the computer down. Would love to know when the bugs get fixed.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 31, 12 9:06 PM
RainbowExplorer wrote:I contacted Boomzap directly about having lost the piece of paper, along with the charcoal "pen" underneath the barrel of ashes, in the Sky Castle entrance hall HOG. The following is their e-mail response to me:

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

If the piece of paper has gotten stuck under the barrel (hidden by the interface), it should still be possible to retrieve it. Click around slowly under the interface (avoiding the ‘exit’ cursor hotspots) until you hear the sound of the paper being picked up (a sort of dry-paper rasp) – the paper should attach to the mouse. You can then drag it out from underneath the interface.

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

So, this means that the Boomzap staff ARE AWARE of this glitch and, perhaps, others. I've spent hours trying to retrieve both the charcoal "pen" and the piece of paper. I was successful with the pen but not the paper. Thus, I cannot go forward with the game, until such time as they get this "glitch" fixed. I have no idea how long that will take.

Thought you all might want to know. I LOVED the first two Awakening games but was never able to get either version of The Goblin Kingdom to play on my computer. Needless to say, I was THRILLED that The Skyward Castle played readily for me. However, I too have had numerous episodes of having to click all over the place, in order to get a single HOG object to move in any direction, or go where I wanted it to go.

From what I can see, they skimped on the artwork & appear to have devoted more of their energies, this time around, to creating more innovative (though, to me, less interesting) minigames & more varied settings. This one doesn't seem as polished in its artwork, as the first two were. Sophia's personality/character seems bland, this time around, like she's going through the motions - is robotic in her interactions with other characters - thus weakening the storyline. The storyline & characters seemed more carefully thought out, within the first two games in this series. I haven't taken the time yet to see how many original developers from those two games were involved in the making of this one.

*****As I posted above, there ARE Boomzap Developer-created glitches with this game that they intend to fix, at some point into the future.********

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 1, 12 1:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

Blueden - Since you are working with Support I would encourage you to persist with them. Can I ask, did they provide a final resolution? If not, I would reply to the last message you have from them and don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated if you feel that is necessary.

eskimo1203 - Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

RainbowExplorer - we will work Boomzap if there are issues with this game, the best thing to do if you have a tech issue is to contact Tech Support as discussed here!

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Sep 1, 12 6:10 AM
Hi,

I have tried all of the help suggestions. In researching this, I found that the error message has something to do with the refresh rate of my monitor. My settings are at 1024 x 768 75Hz. What is the optimal refresh rate for these games? And why did this change all of the sudden?

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Sep 1, 12 3:38 PM
just an FYI.... I refuse to adjust my settings to accommodate one game. I've done that and screwed everything up to the point I had to restore my computer to a previous date. I truly believe if a game is going to work, it works period. No adjustments........... JMHO

[Post New]by JnLGagnon on Sep 2, 12 9:33 AM
HOS, in the aviary ... found the oranges ... found the monkey ... tried to give the oranges to the monkey ... the oranges have disappeared in the tree, I guess where the rest of the monkey is hiding ... can't go any further.
Quit the game, restarted my computer ... the oranges are still stuck behind the leaves in the tree where the monkey is hiding :-(
Do I start over?... Do I reload the PC version onto my PC? ... is there a fix?
posted in the wrong spot... will try to reinstall on my Mac (OS X Lion 10.7.4), as suggested

[Post New]by kellis35 on Sep 2, 12 12:22 PM
Help! During the game in the scene where you need to make the dress the scissors have disappeared and now I can't continue the game because of this glitch. Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to start over from the beginning.

[Post New]by athomewithfamily on Sep 2, 12 2:14 PM
In the second chapter in the windmill scene where you need to get the sandbag.. the sword wont' open the pillar . I have tried to put the cursor everywhere on that thing and I get nothing.. help please?? is this a tech issue or just me being silly? * fingers crossed on the techie issues*

thanks in advance

Mary

ps OS is PC and Win XP

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 2:15:23 PM PST

[Post New]by nicqie on Sep 3, 12 6:01 PM
*Missing Scissor on Chapter 3*

When I was making the teddy bear pattern on chapter 3, I dropped my scissor near the pink textile on the table. Since then I couldn't get the scissor and it made me stuck in this game with no way out. I tried everything from clicking all the things that can be moved and quit the game numerous times. All of those things didn't work. Please help me solve this problem or otherwise I have to restart again from the beginning. Thanks.

PS: I use Mac Lion to play this game.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 6:01:57 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 4, 12 1:48 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you have to face in this beautiful game .

For all the Fishies that have problems with items that won't do what they are supposed to or that can't be picked up - If you haven't tried them yet, please try the suggestions you can find in this thread like uninstalling and resinstalling the game and updating your drivers

eskimo1203 - Depending on the size of your screen the ideal refresh rate should indeed be around 75Hz, this has not changed and should not influence your game.

If you find that all the steps in this thread didn't help I'd recommend that you contact our dedicated Tech Support, which is available for you 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope.

By also including a Dr. Felix diagnostic report with your message they'll be able to help you even better so you can enjoy the game again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 4, 12 5:23 AM
Joyfullady wrote:brncoram - I thought the scissors also disappeared but there are a couple other things you have to do and then you get the scissors back and complete cutting out the dress.

[b]DEVELOPERS I have been a huge fan of Awakening - but this game was released too early and needs to be readdressed! There are at least two areas where word directions are messed up. It refreshes very slowly - and I have changed drivers, etc. it's the game and transition times. You can click on items and they don't always respond to the clicks! The directions for putting the item together using the tool kit is incorrect and you need to go to the SG to find this out. Things are slow to react or don't react. I can't understand how the unicorn can be in two places at the same time. There needs to be better directions on playing some of the games. The charcoal in the one mini-task with the paper was extremely difficult as it didn't respond and you'd go back and try again and then it would respond. I am currently at level 3 and I can't tell you the number of mini-games I have had to skip even with the hint and strategy guide. Who ever thought of not putting a direct connection within the game to the SG I'm not happy with you! Going out to the menu finding the SG and coming back wastes the enjoyment of the game. The SG pictures are also a bit hazy and often to small to see what you are looking at. Right now I am so frustrated with the game and the slow pace that all enjoyment for the game has been lost and I simply want to get to the end. This was not the case with the other games in the series. Moonfell Woods I was glued to my seat the whole time!

Edited to say I am using a PC w/Vista updates.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 4, 12 5:25 AM
Having lots of trouble grasping items, etc. Minipuzzles are very confusing - couldn't grasp the charcoal, etc. There was one mini I had to skip entirely as it wouldn't let me grab anything. Several items in search scenes same problem. I'm not entirely satisfied with the quality of the game. Have played all the other awakenings, this is the first time this series is giving me technical problems. It's enough to make me not like the game.

Go to: