lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Reviews for Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Sep 10, 12 7:30 AM
at first we liked the game, but its storyline did not grab us. so we will put this one on the shelf for later.--doug & lisa

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 10, 12 3:33 PM
God only knows why I bought this game....what a sleeper...cumbersome....arrrgh. The music and simple storyline nearly put me to sleep. Wasn't even able to force myself to finish it. Good points: Graphics are good, there is a map although, like everything else it is in some kind of "elfin" language. The hint recharges quickly if you can stand the simpleton voice of the Owl....definately not a game for me....too bad I wasted the money...wonder why I did? Not more than 2 in my book.

[Post New]by kfhemness on Sep 13, 12 6:07 PM
I couldn't finish this game because it was both boring and tedious at the same time. I really like puzzles but the ones in this game were so overly simple or practically unsolvable due to one-liner, non-instructive instructions. I found myself wishing I could use the pocket dragon to completely obliterate scenes - hoping that my obvious abuse of the pocket dragon would somehow get back to the developers!

Anyway, maybe my leaving it for about 6 months will wipe all of its annoyances from my mind and enable me to get through it without abusing the pocket dragon.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 16, 12 6:00 PM
This game was a total disappointment. I have loved this series from the first one, but this one was a catastrophe. One of the few games that I totally wish I had not spent my money on. In my opinion it was an amateurish effort, not something that I would expect from a developer with several outstanding games out there already. Such a disappointment when a developer rests on past reputation and just throws any old thing out there.

Graphics were not as good, game play and mini puzzles were a joke. They were either overly simplistic or so totally ridiculous that I just threw my hands up and said, "I'm not even trying". I don't hate many games, but I hated this one.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Sep 21, 12 3:42 PM
bello come tutti i giochi della serie,l'ho acquistato subito e sono molto contente dia aver giocato....è tutto gradevole come sempre...aspetto il prossimo...

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Sep 21, 12 3:46 PM
bellissimo gioco,l'ho acquistato subito,avendo già gli altri della serie......mi sono divertita molto e lo consiglio a tutti.....non ci sono mancanze è tutto molto gradevole....alla prossima...

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 23, 12 5:45 PM
Great game! Loved the graphics & whimsical vibe of the whole game. I loved all the creatures & characters...very well done. BUT there was not a bonus chapter in this even though it was CE with bonus content....that was the only disappointment. All & all a fantastic game!!

baffledtoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by baffledtoo on Sep 24, 12 11:31 AM
Just barely finished.............. I like to think I'm not a lightweight at puzzles and minigames, but the minipuzzles in the game were not intuative in my opinion. I just lost the will to live in the later levels. So glad it's over.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 13, 12 7:59 PM
could not wait for this to be over with!

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Feb 28, 13 9:39 AM
very nice game but it has way to many games in for me..I enjoyed the animation

Reviews for Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mjvob46 on Apr 17, 13 10:48 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/O4d6pe">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/221225.page#4583696>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by mjvob46 on Apr 17, 13 10:50 AM
I enjoyed this game but was not happy with the ending when is the next one coming she didn't save her parents and she got kidnapped I hope it is soon that the new one comes out

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on Aug 25, 13 11:39 AM
I just finished this game in the Awakening series and I must say it is a bit over rated. It is like the hyped up movie that you put your $12 down to watch and walk out wishing you waited for the rental.

These are not bad games, but they just didn't wow me like the reviews that sold me on them. I did think Skyward was better in the execution of the games as the characters actually spoke instead of doing the silent movie treatment. But the visuals seemed a bit more primitive in some areas of the game.

Also, what is up with all the mini games? I like mini games myself and actually will play about half of the ones I like. Matching sets and some of the other interesting puzzles are fun to figure out. But there were as many as three mini games in a row to deal with in this one. If you love mini games, get this game.

I thought the dragon was cute and useful, but the hints were quite vague at times. I eventually figured things out and completed the game which had an anti-climatic ending.

Then there was the reason to get these CEs: The additional chapter one gets to play. There are two words to describe this one and they are Rip Off. At least we got an extra bonus game here as the Goblin Awakening didn't have any. But I completed this in fifteen or so minutes and felt cheated. If they want to double the price, make it worth it. I could care less about wallpapers and the other trinkets, I want extra game play.

Now I have the Sunhook chapter and I hope that one is better. Otherwise, I am not going to get any further adventures of this game.

Go to: