Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Post any Inbetween Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 13, 12 6:36 PM
When I got to the gargoyle park, after putting the disk in the fountain, the disk blacked out and wouldn't let me move, so ended up skipping it, then the gargoyle did their red laser beam thingy and the screen froze not letting me move back or pick up the gear. Something's wrong with this game. So glad to find out now. Now buying. I like it though if they'd fix the problems.

[Post New]by EchoBear on Sep 13, 12 6:45 PM
This is the buggiest game I have ever played. Between the random shut downs and the mini game freezing I've had to quit (or have been kicked out) over 10 times in the last hour. This game has a great dynamic, but the bugs are killing me. Especially on the mini games, you start playing and suddenly the background disappears and you can't continue to play. Even if you restart the same thing will happen. The only solution I've found is to skip the game. Even more frustrating is when you complete the game and then none of the buttons work so once again you have to quit the game and reopen the file. Very annoying.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 14, 12 7:30 PM
Runtime error when I exited the game to check the reviews. This is happening more and more. I was unable to download two demos this morning and then my whole computer crashed to the point where I lost a lot of programs and had to work for over a hour just to get my computer back up and running. For awhile I was sure whatever happened had succeeded in killing my computer. No internet access, no Control/Al/Del. No desktop. I got error message after error message after error message and was finally told that whatever was wrong might not be fixable and that if it were, I was going to lose some information anyway. I still don't kknow the extent of the damage from trying to exit a game. Thanks a lot.

Every single game demo I downloaded today showed up in my list of games. And every single one had an error message - all ten of them. I couldn't play one. I had to delete every one.

And now this. My computer is going haywire and I'm afraid it's going to crash for good. Over games???

I am NOT a happy fishie and having read about the other technical problems there is no way I am going to attempt to download and play this demo or game again. Anytime I run across an error message (except for the one telling me that I am already playing another game) I will refuse to try again and will not purchase the game.

It's not worth it.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 7:42:47 PM PST

dacjess
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by dacjess on Sep 14, 12 9:53 PM
Could not use the in-game cursor. Screen occasionally went all black and froze up. Not very pleased with the quality.

[Post New]by michelou1 on Sep 14, 12 11:58 PM
Basically, all the puzzles up to the gargoyle park fountain work fine, then when attempting the fountain puzzle the rings disappear into a black nothingness. Not the whole screen, just the movable rings. While I am able to press skip - although my mouse curser blinks - the game seems to semi freeze, in that I cannot exit the puzzle although I can go to the main screen, and only by going to main menu and exiting and then reentering the game can I go forward. From the gargoyle fountain on, any puzzles with moving graphics does this. It is a tad annoying to not be able to actually play the puzzles and to have to continously exit/reenter the game. I did not have this problem with the demo, I seem to only have this since I actually purchased the game, which I did after the new version was released.

Oh, and I've tried unistalling/reinstalling, I have Win 7 64 bit with updated drivers. I have not ever had a problem like this to this extent with any of BF games, this is a first.

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 12:00:09 AM PST

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Sep 15, 12 7:27 AM
I didn't have a problem with the first slider puzzle until I had finished it! The cursor then just flickered and I could go no further.
Result? Control, alt. del and on to my next game.

Gerry.

[Post New]by PJMF02 on Sep 16, 12 7:01 AM
I didnt have a problem with the slider either...when I finally got to it

3 times since I downloaded it, which was just an hour ago or so i have received the message that the game was causing an issue with my C++ runtime????

i am no computer tech savvy person, so i have no idea what this means

but i am also having the pond issue of it blacking 2 of the rings out after I make a match and not allowing me to do anything else

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 16, 12 1:12 PM
It seems like every puzzle freezes and I have to get out completely and come back in. Very irritating. Now I've discovered that every mini puzzle freezes up and even if you solve it something blacks out resulting in having to skip every puzzle and then having to get out of the game. I am getting very hesitant about buying these games as the two before last game - I had to get a credit on it as IT DIDN'T WORK ALSO. BG I wish you'd check these games out more thoroughly before releasing them. Sheesh.

Edited on 09/16/2012 at 1:30:51 PM PST

macin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by macin on Sep 18, 12 9:10 AM
help help help where is the mask on the tunnel floor

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 18, 12 9:44 AM
Hi Fishies!

I'm sorry to see so many of you are still running into tech issues with this game!

A lot of the recent post mention some kind of display issue, the cursor not working correctly, or the game freezing/crashing. For all those problems, it can help to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over that process in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things resolved, or if you're having another kind of issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to look into how the game is working on your particular system and can troubleshoot with you directly from there.

And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from so it can be addressed as quickly as possible!

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 18, 12 10:03 AM
Jurinne wrote:Runtime error when I exited the game to check the reviews. This is happening more and more. I was unable to download two demos this morning and then my whole computer crashed to the point where I lost a lot of programs and had to work for over a hour just to get my computer back up and running. For awhile I was sure whatever happened had succeeded in killing my computer. No internet access, no Control/Al/Del. No desktop. I got error message after error message after error message and was finally told that whatever was wrong might not be fixable and that if it were, I was going to lose some information anyway. I still don't kknow the extent of the damage from trying to exit a game. Thanks a lot.

Every single game demo I downloaded today showed up in my list of games. And every single one had an error message - all ten of them. I couldn't play one. I had to delete every one.

Hi Jurinne,

I'm so sorry you've been having all this trouble with your games! Since you're now getting error messages with a lot of different games, it does sound like there might be an overarching issue that's affecting all of them. Our Tech Support Team would be happy to take a look at how the games and Game Manager are working with your system and see what may be causing all these issues. It could be that a program update or other adjustment can be made that will get everything running smoothly for you again.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

rcuber
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rcuber on Sep 18, 12 11:06 AM
A lot of problems. Most of them with minigames. I got a black screen sometimes and another times after finalized the mini-game I have to close the game and start again to get any object.
I have to use the skip button all time to follow the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 19, 12 12:13 PM
Hi rcuber,

From what you describe, it could help to update your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to take a look at what's going on with the game and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

macin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by macin on Sep 23, 12 7:12 AM
macin wrote:help help help where is the mask on the tunnel floor

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

Puzzled!

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Sep 25, 12 10:41 AM
Having a problem with every puzzle. Start doing them and they black out and I have to hit the back button to get in and play again, or I complete the puzzle and spaces will appear and I can't back out. I end up quitting the game, getting back in and just wait for the skip button so I can continue playing. I enjoy playing the puzzles in games, but find this one very frustrating and am enjoying playing it otherwise. Will there be a fix on this. My computer is uptodate so no problem there.

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 10:48:11 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 25, 12 10:53 AM
Hi kahlan11,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since you mentioned your computer is updated, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team and they can look into what might be causing that to happen. Hopefully they can find a solution and get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Sep 27, 12 1:19 PM
Whatever the tech problem, it's only at Big Fish. I had played a 10 min. demo at another site, & had no problems, & decided to try the hour trial at Big Fish, & then bought the game. But, it kept freezing, going black, etc, & I had to ctrl, delete, alt to escape. I was VERY sorry that I purchased the game. Also, all my drivers are up to date, & since I had no trouble at another site with the game, I'm assuming it's something to do with the Big Fish site. But, this is the first time this has happened, so I don't intend to abandon Big Fish anytime soom. Especiall if they keep coming out with more Awakening games. Those are excellent.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 27, 12 2:54 PM
Hi sha49tn1,

I'm sorry to hear that your game started freezing and going black after you purchased it. We definitely want you to have a game that works, so in this case I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to help you with your purchase in anyway they can. For more information on how to do that, just click this link here:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

This will also help us better track any issues as well. I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by lesdep on Aug 23, 13 8:24 PM
I am almost to the end of the game but now I'm stuck. The microscope puzzle where you are supposed to get the three different colors of bacteria is not working for me. I finished the game and received the biologist thing but the lens is now completely blank and the cloth that it is on is also blank. I opened the "eye" to see where I was supposed to click and the grabby hands appear but there is still nothing to grab. What do I do? I am playing the game on my iPhone 4. Thanks!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 1, 13 7:27 AM
Wish I could try the demo of this game. It is offered as the Daily Deal today, but it won't download for me. I get a message that says "game not available" and when I click on MORE INFORMATION, the Error Code 760 comes up. It says "couldn't find item you requested".

I've been having that issue with several games I've wanted to try lately. Customer Support is not at their best these days, for I've sent several notes for help and the "fixes" they recommend either don't work at all or will work only short-term. And, of course, we've been without LIVE CHAT for longer than I ever remember it being unavailable.

Seems to me that "updating" various things on the BFG website and with the Game Manager was not such a good idea. That old saying: "if it ain't broke... don't fix it" might have been a good thing for the Big Fish executives to take to heart. I wasn't having problems like this before they "updated", so their "update" was actually a "downgrade" for me.

Classicaljazz

Edited on 09/01/2013 at 7:30:28 AM PST

Go to: