ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Sep 27, 12 12:01 PM
m in the administration building and find I don't have a crowbar to break into gun cabinet..can't get into office...I'm lost..must have left crowbar in library but can't get back..

Is this a glitch with the game?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 27, 12 12:50 PM
Hi ttomm46,

I checked the walkthrough we have for the standard version, and I'm not seeing that you'll need the crowbar there.

You'll use a key to get into the Administration Building, which you can find in the pocket of the man outside the gate. (Click here to see a screen shot of that spot).

It also looks like there are buttons on the cabinet there that are pressed in a certain order for it to open. I don't want to give too much away, but if you'd like to read more about that, just follow the link below to go to the full walkthrough:

Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Walkthrough

Even though you have the Collector's Edition, the gameplay is pretty similar so it should be helpful through most of the C.E.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Game Crashes under Windows 8

[Post New]by Nerobyrne on Nov 10, 12 2:14 PM
Does anyone have problems running this under windows 8? I would love to update flash but the site doesn't display in my windows explorer, and windows 8 doesn't even support flash at all anymore, according to microsoft.

Any plans to get this to work under Win8?

[Post New]by SPaisley on Nov 21, 12 3:43 PM
bella81762 wrote:end game,, guide says place magic energy on alter,,,,i did,,,only thing left in inventory is spear of dawn,,

after placing magic energy, according to guide supposed to be a cutscene,,,,,there is not.......anyone else

I am having the same problem. Any solutions? The Guide shows a book in the hands but how do you put the book there?

Kkdoc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Kkdoc on Dec 18, 12 11:27 PM
Haven't found a discussion about any problems getting into the bonus chapter after finishing the game (collector's edition). Usually you just go back to the main menu and click on "extras" then press play from that screen.. With this game, a message pops up "you have just finished the game...do you want to play again? What that usually means is that everything I've done would be erased, and the game would truly start all over again. I have tried multiple times with no luck. Is there any way I can play the bonus chapter???????

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LynFrank on Apr 20, 14 9:55 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 10:10:09 PM PST

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Apr 20, 14 10:25 PM
I had one issue - the game froze and told me that I had a hard drive issue. I closed the computer down and re started with a new profile.
Then I played the game without any issues and after a time I closed the game in the normal way, wanting to get back to where I was. So there should not have been any issues regards starting up again. Right?
Well I have lost the screwdriver and do not know how to get the gems for the eyes of the person in the coffin. I am playing a PC in windows 8. It seems that every game I play lately has problems. I did not have problems so much with windows xp

[Post New]by Drdave130 on Jun 18, 14 5:13 AM
To finish the game you must have all twenty four pages
It would be nice at the end along with all the pictures they also gave locations and numbers of all the pages.
I was missing one page 19 once I found it it ended fine.
Even if you have page 24 you may still be missing one or two pages

[Post New]by Profabi on Jun 19, 14 3:16 PM
I am missing page 18 of the book. It is on a shelf in the library behind the portal! How can I get to it? I keep entering the portal of course. Any way to close the portal and pick up the page? I cannot finish the game nor play the bonus chapter. I play on ipad.
Thanks

[Post New]by Ral123 on Jun 22, 14 8:41 PM
This Is still a problem for me. I'm playing iPad edition. Please don't tell me I have to restart - lack of teleporting Map is driving me crazy! Thanks.

Go to: