sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 2, 12 7:23 AM
luvtoread wrote:sunshinej: Am I understanding that you : didn't need dirt in
vase to replace statue?: I'm only asking
cause I did have to put dirt in.

Hmmm... It must be a random solution, **because the no dirt worked for me **

I'm at the dumpy apartment building and my fuse keeps burning out. I fixed it with the **wire bristles from the brush and Nicole says it's fixed and then I put it into the fuse box and it keeps burning out.**

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 7:24:22 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 7:25 AM
Yes. There is something else you have to do first. Getting the fuse blown out the first time has opened up something elsewhere.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 7:29:53 AM PST

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 2, 12 7:51 AM
Just reporting in - not had time to play at all yet today but hope to do so later.

Congratulations Mr Russ. - you really have whipped through it

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 2, 12 7:52 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Yes. There is something else you have to do first. Getting the fuse blown out the first time has opened up something elsewhere.

Thanks Mr_Russ

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 8:09 AM
I'm enjoying this game and I really like that Nicole won't let you leave an area unless you have completed it.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 8:45 AM
I am stuck...need help please. I am in the museum and I have *** a bowl, alum foil and a lab magnifier. I have tried all sorts of places for them, but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. ***

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 9:02 AM
Have you seen the sensor at top left of screen in the Orangery? Your aim is to set the fire alarm off.
There are two hotspots, one just in front of the feet of the statue at bottom right for the magnifying glass and the other on the feet of the statue for bowl and foil.**

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 9:04:07 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 9:08 AM
Yes, I saw the sensor and tried the objects on that, but I missed the two hotspots you mentioned. Thanks Mr_Russ.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 12:44 PM
Now I'm in Cusco. I have *** money, two kinds of leaves, a bearing, took a pic of the car guy and Nicole and a pic of the Jeep in the garage. Tried to give the car guy money, but I still have the same amount left over. Reported back to the Hotel guy. I looked around the Plaza. No one gives me any more info. Can't figure out what to do. ??

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 12:54 PM
This is an odd one. You can only combine the money with the bearing and put both on the bench at top right once you have finished the conversation with car guy. Unrelated: you need to combine both leaves. **

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 1:02 PM
Hi, popla.
The magnifying glass in the lower right of the screen is a hint button of sorts. This will highlight all exits on the screen. It will not highlight hotspots.
Yes it will. They show up as magnifying glasses while the exits show up as an arrow in a box.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 1:03:11 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 1:17 PM
Ahhhh...thanks much Mr_Russ. Those were the two things I needed.

I hope everyone has noticed the beautiful cloud formations moving above the mountains in Cusco. I have a thing about clouds. Here where I live the sky is a beautiful clear blue with gorgeous white, fluffy clouds in all sorts of fascinating formations traveling through the blues.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 2, 12 1:48 PM
Mr. Russ - KUDOS on finishing the game!!!!!!! Tide

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 2, 12 1:50 PM
Well after finishing the game I have more questions than answers???? Which AOM is the next in the series?? Fun game had to use the walk-through only twice.

Tide

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 2:13 PM
Tide, The Hunt for the Puppeteer is next. That was my favourite of the three LFAs.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 2, 12 4:53 PM
congratulations Mr russ
congratulations Tide on finishing

Thanks sunshine for asking that question re * fuses *as that's where I am and didn't know where I had to look for the problem.

This game is good in as much as I don't have much time each day to play it but still seem to actually accomplish a fair bit.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 4:55:04 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 5:09 PM
..... A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TIDE

I'm at the entrance to the stockbroker's home and am stopping for the night. Gotta clean up the kitchen and a few other things. I've been playing since early morning and am tired.

Mr_Russ mentioned the poor typos a couple of pages back. It really is bad. Words are spelled differently in the same conversation. One example, professor in one sentence and proffessor in the following sentence.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 5:10:35 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 2, 12 5:45 PM
Well after being very careful re** wires in the apartment she now uses scissors to cut exposed electrical wires in the ceiling without seeing if it's live or not? Then she has her own fingerprints all over the doll head.** Guess she isn't the smartest FBI agent.

I'd like some help **with picking up blood results in the lab, there is a hand icon and she says what it is but can't seem to pick it up? I tried putting the broken phone down to look at it in the lab but can't seem to and can't seem to examine the phone in the inventory. Do I need it?**

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 2, 12 6:04 PM
Not sure where you are Gingergal, but see if any of these work. Phone can only be looked at on left side of Nicole's desk. If I'm not mistaken, blood results can be picked up from her computer (if spot I'm thinking about drove me crazy for awhile)

Tide

She just graduated from the Academy, only excuse I can think of. However, SHE does change her clothes in the game at least. Only smells bad for 5 days.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 2, 12 6:24 PM
thanks tide! *Didn't think of going to her desk and will try her computer. It was beside the swabs in the lab the hand icon and blood test she was talking about.*

Great news about her changing her clothes As most LF games for some reason they don't. During Syberia I kept trying to get her to open her suitcase but nope.

Go to: