Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Serpent of Isis - BF, don't hide your "Aces"!

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 27, 09 12:46 AM
Just done about twenty minutes of the demo and going to get a bite to eat. So far wonderful graphics, good play and for those who hate timers there is an untimed mode too.

Reminds me a bit of another game in the one cabinet scene, lol driving me wild that I can't remember which game. Anyway so far great!

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Feb 27, 09 12:46 AM
Downloaded! Going to try it now!! Thanks, Picman!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 09 12:48 AM

T H A N K .. Y O U .. P I C M A N .. I .. L O V E .. B I G F I S H

WHOOO HOOO, I FEEL A HAPPY DANCE COMING ON:

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy
Shake like a jelly
Shimmy, shimmy
Jete, jete
FLOP
TIDAL WAVE

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 27, 09 12:51 AM
Thanks Cher! You swooshed me all the way to the kitchen.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 27, 09 12:52 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:
Reminds me a bit of another game in the one cabinet scene, lol driving me wild that I can't remember which game. Anyway so far great!

Treasure Masters.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Feb 27, 09 1:24 AM
Just purchased, thanks

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Feb 27, 09 1:30 AM
Yes, finaly `The Serpent of Isis` is released. And now im only waiting for BFG to do the same thing with `Defenders of Law` and `Flux Family Secrets: The Time Ripple`, also two good HO games. The last one reminds me of Mortimer Beckett.

Edited on 02/27/2009 at 1:37:58 AM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 27, 09 1:59 AM
Well, it's certainly better then what has been coming out as of late. Still a bit easy for me. Didn't need any hints & the game practically holds your hand through each scene. The story isn't pulling me in so far and the HO's don't really match the scenes. For example - Why does the guy need a [picture of a] camel and some grapes hanging on the wall to help in his search? Why does he have a huge gas can and some celery (among other weird items) on his bed in his train cabin?

Looks like it might have some decent length to it. We shall see. Replay value is so-so. I would need to wait quite a while to play it through after the first time. I see BF is marking it's territory (games) now like SpinTop does. Did you see the BF logo in the garage on the wall?

Looks to be a cute game & probably worth a game credit. Personally, I think Nightshift Legacy - Jaguar's Eye is the best game to come out since RTR. I give Jaguar's Eye 4.5 stars.

Have fun!

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Feb 27, 09 2:20 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Just done about twenty minutes of the demo and going to get a bite to eat. So far wonderful graphics, good play and for those who hate timers there is an untimed mode too.

I tried to download the demo.. says files are corrupted... anyone have that problem?

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 27, 09 2:23 AM
bonbowl wrote:
Mojave_Rain wrote:Just done about twenty minutes of the demo and going to get a bite to eat. So far wonderful graphics, good play and for those who hate timers there is an untimed mode too.

I tried to download the demo.. says files are corrupted... anyone have that problem?

Nope. It's probably the virus protection you use on your PC.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 27, 09 3:05 AM
Thanks Picman!

I just played the Demo and bought this one. Satisfys my HO need better than the last two or three I played. Good graphics, interesting story, I like finding things to use with other things and this even had the bonus of finding things to use in other scenes or later after finding other things.

The bad news (but I still bought it) is that this game has two things that make me nuts and I suppose will not ever disappear from these games: Teeny, tiny objects that I need a magnifying glass to find and dark objects on dark backgrounds. If these make you nuts, be sure to try the Demo. There is a new irritation, thunder storms. This is the second game I have bought recently that had thunder and rain. I keep stopping play to shut down my computer only to find it is not storming! LOL! It is good atmosphere but with no windows nearby I am often unsure if it is really storming.

I first played Timed mode but as I saw all the teeny tiny objects and dark objects, I started over in Relaxed mode. One thing that makes items hard to see is the white list on the left. i have found that it helps to cover that with something dark. I can then see the HOs a little better.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 27, 09 4:18 AM
I only left 4 minutes of the trial when I did the beta test on it, so I assume that I liked it, but I can't remember. I was hoping that hopping on for 4 minutes would jog my memory enough but the @#$%^ won't play, and said it's already playing (but task manager says no). Rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalling and crossing my fingers.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 27, 09 4:20 AM
Hope it works Lord.

Played the demo, will buy, enjoying it.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 27, 09 4:24 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I only left 4 minutes of the trial when I did the beta test on it, so I assume that I liked it, but I can't remember. I was hoping that hopping on for 4 minutes would jog my memory enough but the @#$%^ won't play, and said it's already playing (but task manager says no). Rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalling and crossing my fingers.

Why not download and play the 1 hour demo on BF right now?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 27, 09 4:30 AM
When you beta test a game, the time you used to beta test is counted when you download the real one. For example, I used up the entire hour on Robinson Crusoe back in December. When it was released, and i downloaded the release version, it was already marked as expired (but I didn't care because I knew I wanted to buy that one - normally if it's a game I know I don't want to buy I leave 15 minutes or so of the trial).

And uninstalling and downloading fresh didn't work. Time to contact customer support.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 27, 09 5:07 AM

Super game, love it. RELAXED MODE! Great graphics. Good, but not super tough, puzzles. In fact with the puzzles so far I was kind of over complicating them to solve, found easiest solution worked in fact. I really like connected inventory puzzles between scenes and this one has plenty. Pleasant music. A few hours in and am just now to half-way point so good duration. Plentiful hints and changing additional finds for more based on current chapters bad guy. Have not needed extra but find myself using at least one per scene and it's fun to find the secret object to replenish.

*minor* very minor, negative niggling points: story is really just something to hang your hat on but don't care cuz game play is good enough to keep me entertained. I do kinda object to weird objects in weird places, but again, good enough otherwise to let that slide and most things make some sense and it's not toooo cluttered. The hotspot click is a bit too picky and on small stuff takes several tries. I don't mind dark or small but the click thing makes me a bit crazy.

Worth repeating, this one very, very much Poodle Approved! (Beats the stuffins outta Nick Chase imo )

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 27, 09 5:19 AM
I liked it and will probably buy it. The only problem I had was with the other games you had to complete in the area -- I'd search the entire screen several times without finding anything, the eventually something would light up. It was aggravating because I knew I only had an hour, so perhaps it won't bother me after I buy the game.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Feb 27, 09 5:30 AM
Thanks for your review, Poodle. Are you feeling better today?

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 27, 09 5:33 AM
Can't say I agree Poodle... !! I"ve already run out of hints.. and I'm toast.. !! I"ll have to start the game all over again because I can't advance !!
THIS ROYALLY TICKS ME OFF.... One wrong click and poof.. there goes my last hint.. gonzo ...when I really needed it.... and I still had 3 keys to find... in an area that was so black you can't see your hand in front of your face.. !!

For the love of mercy......... and all thats sacred in the world... why oh why do the developers continue to tax my patients..and make me grovel for hints ? They ration the damn things out like bread during the depression... !!

Or is it me thats the blatant idiot....???? Is there suppose to be a cigar in every scene to help me replentish the hints...? If so.. I didn't find them. I think I only found one in a scene.
And I was thinking.. " at last a decent game again"..... and it is a good game.. except for the fact that I might as well be in quicksand.. cause I "ain't " going no place.. !!

Okay.. I"ve gotten that off my chest... I"ll start the bloody game again.. but if the same thing happens.... cover your ears... cause I'll be screaming... !!

Smile...

reejree
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by reejree on Feb 27, 09 5:35 AM
MJorning All!!
Just purchased this game, no timer, a nice size, with a game club credit.
At this moment I am very happy!!!. Looked for a hidden object game for
days, finally I gave up-Thanks BF!!!

Go to: