Chapter 5 freeze

[Post New]by j9mattfield on Jun 2, 14 1:23 PM
I played Chapter 5 in the first part three times with the same problem. When I am almost finished, the screen starts going dark, like it's night time. I was trying to find the last secret, so I was taking a while, then the game froze. Three times this happened. I played a fourth time and skipped trying to find the last secret. It told me that my time was 39 minutes. It went kind of dark but didn't freeze up on me. Anybody else with this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Thanks.

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book One technical issues issues here only

[Post New]by KITABELIA on Jun 3, 14 12:15 PM
I have just downloaded Adelantado Book One twice...... First time I had flickering so bad I couldn't play it, so uninstalled it. Second time I downloaded it crashed my computer and I had the dreaded Blue Screen, also at the time while Adelantado was downloading I was playing Queen of the Shadows and was nearing the end. Guess what???? When my computer restarted and I went back to my game of Queen of the Shadows it said "Your Profile was corrupted and been Deleted" so thanks to you Big Fish I've had a corrupted computer and have to start again on Q of S.....
What is so annoying with your company is that you know of these problems yet you still sell the game!!!
Oh and I don't need to do any updating thankyou, I have a brand new computer running Windows 7......

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 3, 14 5:40 PM
Just to let people know, the flickering problem that is occurring with Book One on Win 8/8.1 does not happen with Books Two and Three - at least it didn't for me. I was able to play Two and Three without any problems; Book One was unplayable on 8.1 due to the graphics flickering, though I was able to play it earlier without a problem on Win Vista.

This is a great series and probably one of the best builder TM games out there. Don't let the problems with Book One dissuade you from trying the other books in the trilogy if you're having problems with Book One.

[Post New]by JennyJ2013 on Jun 6, 14 3:06 AM
I bought the game, found the flickering problem, and then checked the forums for a solution. Having read this discussion, I will remind myself (and anyone else!) to check the forums first in future! I'm a bit annoyed at BFG for doing anything about the Windows 8 issue, but at the same time, I complained and they came back to me within 2 days and gave me a replacement game coupon, so overall, I have to say I'm satisfied. Well, apart from the fact that I can't play Adelantado Book One!

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jun 28, 14 6:19 PM
Thanks for the warning about the incurable flickering problem. I finally got a new computer with Windows 8.1 and played book 2 & enjoyed it so much I went back to book 1. I've uninstalled & reinstalled several times but could not cure the problem. I tried playing with the flickering until I got a headache & neck ache! I'd even looked online at this site but there were so many technical issues, I gave up & tried again to uninstall/reinstall. Glad I started at page 4 of the technical issues and found we have a problem with no good solution. I'm very disappointed now and don't want to try Book 3 since I can't have the complete set (Books 1-3) to play. Grumble. Grumble.

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jul 7, 14 5:33 AM
I'm joining all of you with the flickering problem. On Windows XP ity played fine, but when i went on to windows 7 this year I'm having the same flickering problem while book 2 and 3 play fine. Is there anyone who tried solving this via an e-mail to support here at BFG?

Bagpuss22
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bagpuss22 on Aug 11, 14 5:39 AM
I've recently bought a new computer, which runs on Windows 8.1 instead of XP, as my old one did. I bought all 3 Adelantado games some while ago & re-loaded them onto my new PC. 2 & 3 are fine, but Book One won't run properly. Although the sound is fine, the screen has patches where there is no picture and on other parts of the picture there are fuzzy lines.so it's impossible to play.
It is a brand new computer, so can't be an up-date problem Any ideas?

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Sep 11, 14 8:40 PM
Just chiming in with the same problem - new laptop with Windows 8.1 and the top third or so of the screen flickers so badly that I can't stand it. I wish someone would update this game - I love the series and want to try the harder settings.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Sep 16, 14 11:04 AM
Just a head's up to the Win 8/8.1 folks with the flickering problem:

If you really want to play the game (and it is an enjoyable game) it is now available on Android and the iPad. I was able to download it via Google Play for my Nook HD (unrooted) and Nook HD+ (rooted with the N2A card) and it works well on both of them. It's available "free" there, but you only get the first level of Chapter One free, after that you have to pay for the game, but it was only $2.99 IIRC, so it was worth it.

Only Book One is available on Android at the present time, but you can get Book One and Book Two for the iPad.
Adelantado Books Two and Three of the trilogy play without a flickering problem on Win 8.1. It's only Book One that has the problem with that OS. I already contacted the developer about the problem. Check the thread in this forum about Flickering.

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 11:08:59 AM PST

[Post New]by nefelissima on Jan 21, 15 5:02 AM
Has Jazziwoo's problem been solved? Anyone had this message:
"YasperPtr: Null pointer"?
How can I fix this?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 21, 15 9:02 AM
Hey nefelissima

I'm really sorry to see you're getting that error message! I definitely recommend contacting Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps will be happy to work with you towards a solution.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on Apr 1, 15 9:52 PM
BF if there is no solution for the flickering issues for those of us with 7/8 would you please update the Game System Requirements:

CPU: 1.2 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.,
Hard Drive: 140 MB

I have 8 and tried the game trial about a year ago. I have 2 & 3, they are great no problems. I tried Book One today and still have a problem and see there is no solution. All requests I see for a solution have been ignored by BF. If it only works on XP then please say so and save people time and frustration.
I have been a member for about 7 years, never had a problem with getting a solution or assistance. It really bothers me to see so many people asking for help and not one response to them. Your support is normally great, this is very disappointing.
I see the suggestion about getting this game on Andriod. I have an iPhone and iPad, nice suggestion but not a solution.
Update the game system requirements.

Edited on 04/01/2015 at 10:02:02 PM PST

[Post New]by RandomKitsune on May 3, 15 5:41 PM
I appear to one of a lot of people running win 8 who have the flicker that makes it impossible to play. Given that I bought it at the end of April and it still claims to be compatible with Win 8 despite the flicker coming up in the forum in early JUNE 2014, I'm looking into a refund.

Edited on 05/03/2015 at 5:44:51 PM PST

Brynhildr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Brynhildr on May 10, 15 11:14 AM
I have Windows 8 and I can't play the game due to flickering. Please fix the problem or refund our money.

[Post New]by godbecky on May 20, 15 5:02 AM
So did they never respond about all the flickering problems or find a solution?
I just downloaded the game today and have the problem
Didnt see any replays about it guess I'll skip the game.
Im not one to play part 2 without part 1 first so oh well

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Jul 5, 15 3:37 PM
I'm playing Book One on Windows 8 purchased in June 2015 and have had no problems. However, I had originally purchased from **** several years ago and just redownloaded from them onto my new computer, so I don't know if that makes a difference. If you have not re downloaded recently it might be worth trying again. It is really a great game!

Etakeh_oh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Install trouble

[Post New]by Etakeh_oh on Jul 29, 15 4:45 AM
I have played the game before on a newer computer, but due to PC Death, I've had to revert to an old XP.

I decided on this game because it says it works on XP, but during the install it goes Downloading, validating, validating, Downloading over and over. Four times so far.

I'm going to try reinstalling the games manager and see if that helps, but any other suggestions would be welcome.

FLICKERING!!!!

[Post New]by MindyLamers on Aug 14, 15 6:50 PM
So I just bought this game and tried to play (running Windows 10) and I too have the seriously frustrating flickering problem. I then came to the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem and if there was a solution....

WTF!! It is August 2015 and I read post about this flickering problem dating back to 2012 and not only did BF not fix or offer a solution to the problem....they did't even respond at all!!! Shame on you BigFish!!!

[Post New]by srmorris58 on Sep 5, 15 8:02 PM
I am having issues with this game flickering. i have reinstalled it and the game still flickers. i have the other 2 games in this trilogy and really like the games. i would like to be able to play the game but if it cannot be fixed, i would like a refund.

srmorris58

Flickering of screen while in play

[Post New]by gorgon on Sep 6, 15 12:16 AM
Of the three Books in this trilogy, the only one that I've found that has a problem is the first one. Book 2 and Book 3 don't seem to run the way that Book 1 does.

The problem is that once you open a chapter, there are flickering sections of the scene, generally square or rectangle shaped. It doesn't affect game play except for trying to 'see' around &/or 'through' them to be able to accurately click where you want your characters to go...

Of the three games this is the only one that I downloaded prior to getting my new computer (which was a Microsoft v.8, now upgraded to v.10). I tried unistalling, and then re-installing, but it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas/strategies?

Go to: