vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 7, 12 6:09 AM
Mac 10.6.8

More on the achievements - I finished the bonus game and got those achievements and game still logs my time for playing the bonus. But after closing out the game and going back in, I've lost all the achievements received during the bonus.

Anyone else notice this?

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by perennially on Oct 7, 12 6:25 AM
Playing on an up to date pc, Windows 7, and had the same glitch with the achievements. Got 17/34 playing Mah Jongg once and using no hints at all. Great game, aside from it being impossible to get all the achievements because of this!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 7, 12 10:48 AM
vingilot wrote:Mac 10.6.8

More on the achievements - I finished the bonus game and got those achievements and game still logs my time for playing the bonus. But after closing out the game and going back in, I've lost all the achievements received during the bonus.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, same thing happened here. iMac 10.7.5.

Dear BFG , the inaccurate count for the no hint HOS award is not likely a user problem caused by one's individual computer configuration when the issue is being reported by PC and MAC users running different operating systems. I would bet the loss of achievement count described above isn't either. I say give customer service and Dr. a rest, and take this issue to the developer now. Thanks!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Oct 7, 12 5:29 PM
melonrind wrote:I haven't seen anybody else with this problem yet, but I am having an issue with a part where you're supposed to iron a crinkled piece of paper. No matter where I click with the iron, it doesn't do anything. There's nothing else I can do in the game until this darn paper gets ironed out, and I can't do it. I finally gave in and consulted the strategy guide, which helpfully advises me to "use the iron twice on the crumpled part of the paper". Gee, thanks. I've tried that about a dozen times. Any ideas?

I have this same problem. Well?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 7, 12 7:44 PM
shorenuf wrote:
tj1147 wrote:Very strange... I have done all the H0 scenes without a hint (actually haven't used the hint button at all) and found the hummingbirds in each and have found the "beyond" objects in the different scenes. When looking at the "popup" that shows x-amount of "beyonds" found or x-amount of puzzles done without skipping or hints, I get one amount but the achievements page shows different numbers!?? I am on the bonus level but wonder now if I will get the achievements....kind of disheartening if not because I looked to see what the achievements were before I started the game hoping I would get all of them. Not sure now, and not very pleased.

The game itself is fun though....

Well you describe it a bit differently, but several of us Mac players have experienced a glitch in the achievements. At the end of the game, having done all the HOS/Mahjong scenes without hints, their totals were 17/34.

More in line with what you are saying, I also had a similar glitch as above, so opened the game to see if my final count was 17/37. I had previously completed the whole game, had missed 4 beyond objects, and had not gotten credit for completing all the HOS. So I was awarded all the other achievements except "get all the achievements." When reopening the game, my achievements were corrupted -- even for recover all 5 parts of the artifact, which must happen to get to the end of the game. I also no longer had all the hummingbirds, I only had 14 HOS, I had not completed the game, etc.

Are you on a Mac? Either way, please let customer service know. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in answering... No not on a Mac. An excellent game at any rate. Maybe if the achievement problem is fixed and we are notified in the GM, I will replay it to try again. I did thoroughly enjoy the game!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 8, 12 5:02 PM
Mac Players…

Customer Service says I am the only Mac player who has reported the achievement issues to them. The PC version has already been escalated to the developers. They need more Mac reports before that can happen for us.

Please, please, please send in a report. Include a Dr. Felix. Tell them your Flash and Shockwave are up to date and the game is located in the root level of your applications folder.

Use this description of the issues or write your own…
"It seems that upon a second search of a hidden object scene, the successful finish without hints is not recorded. Everyone who has not used hints throughout the game ends up with a score of 17 / 34 for that achievement. This is most assuredly an issue with the game.

PC players have also reported a number of other game related issues (white boxes, freezes).

One other reported issue — after completing the entire game and bonus, quitting and reopening the game wipes out the achievement points earned during the bonus, therefore showing several achievements as unfulfilled.

Lastly, the developer might like to know that a journal page from the bonus chapter shows up in the journal during the main game. ("I have found the cabin boy…" The illustration shows the boy floating on a log.)"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[Post New]by perennially on Oct 9, 12 4:37 AM
vingilot wrote:Mac 10.6.8

Anyone else notice this?

Yes - just found the same thing with the PC version

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 10, 12 2:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that more both Mac and PC users are getting a glitch with the achievements. We are currently working on it.

As shorenuf mentionned it, if the Mac users could also send our Tech Support a message, we could then collect specific Dr. Felix reports in order to help them too.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgTokoro

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Oct 10, 12 4:19 AM
I seem to be stuck with no where to go in the bonus game - I can't get to the axe head because the deck is flooded. How do I restart the bonus game?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 10, 12 12:26 PM
Laylasmum wrote:I seem to be stuck with no where to go in the bonus game - I can't get to the axe head because the deck is flooded. How do I restart the bonus game?

It is not possible to restart the bonus chapter in the middle, but most games do not leave you hanging without a solution. Did you look at the strategy guide? Sorry, I can't remember details of the scene you describe.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 10, 12 12:42 PM
The Eagle Eye achievement seems to be broken, I play on PC, and the counter is all wrong. I didn't use a single hint in the hidden object scenes yet it doesn't register on the counter correctly.

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Oct 10, 12 12:54 PM
shorenuf wrote:
Laylasmum wrote:I seem to be stuck with no where to go in the bonus game - I can't get to the axe head because the deck is flooded. How do I restart the bonus game?

It is not possible to restart the bonus chapter in the middle, but most games do not leave you hanging without a solution. Did you look at the strategy guide? Sorry, I can't remember details of the scene you describe.

I've treble checked the map, pressed hint but I cannot get the axe head I need to chop down the mast.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Oct 10, 12 1:00 PM
bfgTokoro wrote:Hi veryoldlady,

As sassylassie suggested I would encourage you to try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492"> uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game, as that normally helps.

Another tip would be to check if running a small update could help your games performance. Sometimes the trial expires because the game is unable to open and the advice in the help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">here </a> will improve your chances of the game opening.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

I think this is not fair to constant re-install a game i am on satellite and have just so much usage
why we cant buy a cd for larger games,i would not mind to pay a little extra
please respond
thanks Jutta

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 10, 12 1:26 PM
Hi Juttawalker,

The reason why we can't offer backup CDs for some of our larger games is really just because the games are so big that the files won't fit on a CD.

I know that reinstalling can be more difficult for our customers that are on satellite or have other restrictions in regard to their download limits, though.

If you get in touch with our Tech Support Team about the issue you're having with this game, they may be able to work on some other troubleshooting steps that won't require a reinstall. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 10, 12 10:31 PM
The Mac version is working!! Thank you devs! Thank you BFG!

ETA: Or maybe not. The following is copied from another thread posted today…
New]by jb_1 on Oct 11, 12 1:10 PM
Hi BFG, I installed the update earlier, and have just finished playing the game (main and bonus). At the end of the bonus chapter, the achievements page had updated correctly. However, I exited the game back to Game Manager, and then opened up the game again, checked the Achievements and it have reverted back to those earned at the end of the main game only (i.e. no longer including those earned during the bonus chapter). When I selected the PLAY option, the timer had remembered the I had already played the bonus chapter. :-(
Soooo, I think there is still a little glitch with the achievements page.
Many thanks

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 8:35:37 PM PST

jb_1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jb_1 on Oct 12, 12 3:26 AM
Thanks shorenuf, for copying my post to the technical page.

I would just like to add that this is happening on the PC version.

To recap: I updated the game, played both main and bonus, and achievements were updated correctly. Exited to Game Manager, and then selected the game again. Achievements page had reverted to those earned during the main game only (none of the achievements earned in the bonus chapter were recorded).

I selected the Play option, and the game still held my recorded time for playing the bonus chapter (but not the the achievements earned :-s ).

Great game though. I love that there are soooo many things to collect - kept me on my toes trying to remember the humming birds, the morphing objects, etc, etc.

Many thanks everyone.

Seahorse head disappeared from inventory

[Post New]by auntbets on Oct 14, 12 8:53 PM
I received the seahorse head for the staircase at the time indicated in the guide, but at some point soon after, it disappeared from my inventory (I may have exited and restarted the game in the meantime.).

This means I can't get the bar key, and I'm stuck in the middle of the game. :-(

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 15, 12 6:55 AM
jb_1 wrote:Thanks shorenuf, for copying my post to the technical page.

I would just like to add that this is happening on the PC version.

To recap: I updated the game, played both main and bonus, and achievements were updated correctly. Exited to Game Manager, and then selected the game again. Achievements page had reverted to those earned during the main game only (none of the achievements earned in the bonus chapter were recorded).

I selected the Play option, and the game still held my recorded time for playing the bonus chapter (but not the the achievements earned :-s ).

Great game though. I love that there are soooo many things to collect - kept me on my toes trying to remember the humming birds, the morphing objects, etc, etc.

Many thanks everyone.

I purchased the game on Oct 11. I am assuming it was the updated version. I experienced the exact same thing you have described. Any plans for a new version since the update didn't really fix it?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 18, 12 4:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to hear that auntbets!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

nwl43 - as we can only offer basic help via the Forums, I would encourage you to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck to you both!

bfgBaikal

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 23, 12 3:41 PM
WilJul wrote:Well, this seems very minor compared to all the other issues, but here goes - I was not able to acquire the hidden object use no hints achievement. I never once used the hint the entire game, yet it said I only completed about half of the hogs without a hint. What's that about?!!!

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8
I am also playing on a mac and had the same problem ! It made me angry , which I didn't really pay attention until the end of the game... what I did was uninstalled it , deleted the download, reinstalled . Played under new player name and it is working fine now. I haven't played the majhong (sp?) game because I'm afraid it will mess up my achievement count .. So far so good

Go to: