Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 14, 12 2:34 PM
This is not a bug. Use the videophone on Elf.

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Oct 14, 12 2:35 PM
Finished the game yesterday but didn't play the bonus material. When I went to do so today I discovered the game had been completely erased from my hard-drive! Am afraid to reinstall!!!!

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Oct 14, 12 3:57 PM
Busanee wrote:I wrote my issues on the Mac forum and I tried again to find out what was wrong and the same issues are happening with another Elephant Games game. I tried going to play Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make, and the same thing is happening there also. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, Did the same with the game, and even restarted my Mac but to no avail. Please help as I have already purchased these games and would really like to play them.

As others have noted, I am having problems with a black screen (text only) at the beginning, then just a lot of flashing. It seems like perhaps an issue with animations?

I have quoted Busanee above because I also had an issue with Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make. I'd be super sad if Elephant games became something not playable on my 1-year-old MacBook Air.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash and Shockwave, restarted my mac, and re-downloaded Four Aces. Nothing worked. I'll be sending a report to the tech team, and hopefully we'll get this problems resolved.

clannan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by clannan on Oct 14, 12 7:13 PM
anyarose wrote:I've had the same issue as other posters regarding the black screen and flickering animated portions. I just finished chatting with customer support, and apparently there is an issue with the game and my video card. I've accepted the refund, and sincerely hope the developer's engineer a fix.

Even more disconcerting that nothing has been posted about this specific issue in the forums by BFG. I had already uninstalled/reinstalled, updated my Mac, and updated Shockwave and Flash before seeking help. It would've been nice to avoid the frustration by simply being informed about the potential problem in advance.

It's a real shame knowing that BFG would put out a game for Macs that will not play properly on a fairly new (less than a year old) computer.

I'm having the same issues and my macbook is brand new. I've had it with a few other games too. I can't understand it as mac is only a couple of weeks old and running with the latest versions of everything. Right from the start I get a black screen and can hear the voices but no animations. When it asks for my name I type it but can't see it...grrrrr....so frustrating as I really want to play.

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 7:18:01 PM PST

Sylviald
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Sylviald on Oct 14, 12 8:40 PM
dippydebby wrote:I opened the box and got the gloves, but the box is covering part of the lock so I cant enter the suit code to get the ladder.Do I REALLY have to start from scratch????

I have the same problem - opened the box before using the code on the door and now the tool box is covering the beginning of the latch code. If I reinstall that will mean starting all over again...

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 8:41:11 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 15, 12 5:32 AM
Heya Fishies,

If you are having problem with your Mac not displaying this or other games it could be that the game isn't compatible with the Mac OS version your computer is running. To check this you can always have a look at the game's page where you can find the specifications near the bottom of the page. Just to make sure that there are no further problems it might also be good toi check that all latest updates are installed. You can find some steps on how to take care of that here.

Sylviald - As the progress for this game is saved in a separated folder you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the game without losing your progress. As this could clear up the files that are causing the latch code to overlap I would definitely recommend you to give it a try!

Moesha88 - That the progress of a game is being lost can have several reasons. You can find some steps on how to avoid this from happening again here.

If you tried all these steps and haven't done so yet, I would advise you to get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support and to include a Dr. Felix report so they have all the information right at hand.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Rocky_1956 on Oct 15, 12 7:12 AM

This may be worded a little harshly, but my frustration with this issue has reached its limit...

As bfgBiwa stated to Sylviald, "As the progress for this game is saved in a separated folder you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the game without losing your progress."

That is exactly the problem and why reinstalling the game does not help this situation at all. The saved game (profilename.xml file) has it stored that the box is open, so after you reinstall the game, it will startup again with the box still open.

If I cannot get somebody to at least tell me what settings to change in that xml file, I will be requesting a refund. I already tried guessing at what the settings should be, but the game throws up a corrupt profile error and starts over. Luckily I backed up the file before attempting to change it.

I refuse to start the game all over because of a dev's mistake. I am a software engineer and I know that this is unacceptable behavior for a software company to simply ignore their customer's plea for help due to their own application bug (or even worse start sending out answers that only serve to waste the customer's time and do not help solve the issue).

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Oct 15, 12 7:16 AM
Played the game till the end, but before we could access the extra game play it said that something was wrong with data and then nothing extra game is availeble till you played the main game !!!! Which we just did! So what now?

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Oct 15, 12 12:49 PM
For those of us having problems with the black screen and flickering:

I submitted a question about this to tech support, and they responded quickly with some information. They have found that the game is currently not compatible with the Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics card (I believe this is the standard for MacBook Airs, like mine). Big Fish has spoken with the game development company in hopes they will release an updated version that will work with that video card, but the status of that is unknown right now.

You can easily check to see what graphics card you have. Just click the apple icon on the upper left corner, then "About This Mac," and "More Info."

If you purchased the game and can't play because of the graphics card issue, contact customer support (I'm sure you will be reimbursed -- Big Fish is really great about that!).

If you don't have that graphics card but have the black screen/flickering problem, contact tech support so they can help more. It's been my experience that they work very hard to resolve issues, as long as you contact them.

[Post New]by anyarose on Oct 15, 12 2:03 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

If you are having problem with your Mac not displaying this or other games it could be that the game isn't compatible with the Mac OS version your computer is running. To check this you can always have a look at the game's page where you can find the specifications near the bottom of the page. Just to make sure that there are no further problems it might also be good toi check that all latest updates are installed. You can find some steps on how to take care of that <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">here</a>.

Sylviald - As the progress for this game is saved in a separated folder you should be able to <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> the game without losing your progress. As this could clear up the files that are causing the latch code to overlap I would definitely recommend you to give it a try!

Moesha88 - That the progress of a game is being lost can have several reasons. You can find some steps on how to avoid this from happening again <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=266">here</a>.

If you tried all these steps and haven't done so yet, I would advise you to get in touch with our dedicated <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support</a> and to include a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix</a> report so they have all the information right at hand.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

While I appreciate this response, as I noted in my original post, my Mac is currently 100% up to date. After reviewing the issue chatting online with Tech Support, using Dr. Felix, it was determined that the issue is simply that this game (and apparently others, according to other posters) is not compatible with the video card in my Mac.

This incompatibility is precisely why I'm frustrated. IMHO, it doesn't seem like a good business practice for BFG to release games for Mac that are incompatible with Macs, in particular, new computers.

I really hope feedback of this sort if shared with the devs so that the issue can be corrected.

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Oct 15, 12 6:32 PM
I need to blow up the creature in the sewer but I don't have the Dynamite i got from the box and the game will not let me open the box back up to see if it's there. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by JennyLee62 on Oct 15, 12 7:08 PM
dippydebby wrote:I opened the box and got the gloves, but the box is covering part of the lock so I cant enter the suit code to get the ladder.Do I REALLY have to start from scratch????

[Post New]by Robert001 on Oct 16, 12 7:45 AM
Hey guys I'm new to the forums,I've seen that some people have already had the same problem I have but I have no idea what to do to fix it.So I've played the last couple of days the game and I totally enjoyed it.I reached the balcony part after doing the fridge-magnets puzzle and I saved the game and shutted down my pc.When to play the game today an error popped up and it said my data is corrupted and couldn't save my progress.And it seems I need to start back to 0 but I so don't want to do that,can anyone help me how to fix this?I don't want to happen again,the game was running pretty much smoothly except from screen flashings and slow movement cursor on some specific scenes,especially at the fountain and the fire station.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Oct 16, 12 3:55 PM
Elf trapped in cage problem.....

Try calling the beast for help with your video phone. You might have to put the batteries in your phone first. Hope this helps.

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 8:13:12 PM PST

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Oct 16, 12 4:01 PM
Anyone having a problem with the butterfly puzzle??? I compared my results with the guide and everything seemed to be correct, with the butterflies in the correct positions, but nothing seems to happen after that. Help!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 17, 12 3:35 AM
Heya Fishies,

Robert001 -Welcome to the Pond! It sure is frustrating to come back to a game you enjoy and then get the message that your saved profile is corruped. i'm so sorry you had to go through this . It can happen that a program on your computer interfered with your game while you were playing. To make sure that nothing is interfering you can always follow the steps in our help article Game Not Saving.If this doesn't help I would definitely recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can have a look at that for you.

ediegamer - It really is odd that the puzzle won't finish even though the solution is correct. In this case I would recommend you to try and uninstall and reinstall the game

If you try this and the game still doesn't work I would also advise you to send a message to our Tech Support so they can check that out. if you also include a Dr. Felix report with your message they can help you even better as they will have all the information right at hand.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 10/23/2012 at 4:11:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Rocky_1956 on Oct 17, 12 5:43 AM
This is in reference to the issue where ths box (with the gloves) is covering the card suits lock in the laboratory.

After several days of Big Fish ignoring my posts here (look for yourself. not one answer to my posts here), I finally contacted support at elephant games. They replied that the bug has been fixed and an update has been created for the game.

I don't know why Big Fish doesn't have this update. What's the problem here?

Edited on 10/17/2012 at 5:50:56 AM PST

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Oct 17, 12 1:32 PM
Cabinet in lab behind box with gloves: I have encountered the same problem as a lot of you, used the screwdriver too soon and blocked the code to get into the cabinet. BF did give an answer, sort of, saying to uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't work, then do a Dr Felix report. I uninstalled 3 times and still have the same problem but I haven't sent a Dr Felix report because the problem is being addressed by many others plus the problem is with the program, not my computer. Elephant games needs to write a program to close the lid so we can see the whole code. Otherwise, this has been a good game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 17, 12 1:58 PM
Hi Fishies,

We appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue with the box. Your assistance is greatly appreciated as well, and contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report provides us with additional information needed to get that fixed.

Thanks!

bfgSeine

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Oct 18, 12 1:45 AM
mamajay wrote:My game played beautifully last night, in fact I played for several hours, and my game was saved when I clicked on quit. Or so it said. This morning I started it up, and I got a message that my save file had been corrupted and had to be deleted!

So now I am back at the very beginning again! While the game is a great one to play, I really don't want to be losing my place every time I have to shut it down

I started from the desktop, so I don't know if this would have happened had I used the game manager. I have windows 7 on my pc.

Okay, I just tried playing through the Game Manager and it picked up where I left off this morning - no nasty messages, so hopefully I won't have to uninstall/reinstall. I'm still rather miffed though - like someone else, I wasn't far from the end (I think).

I also tried straight from the desktop again, and so far, no nasty messages. Very weird.

Jen.

Thanks Jen!
I got the same message and I was mega-miffed. I tried what you did, and everything was well. Thanks again for your comment!

Go to: