Re:Reviews for Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 2, 12 8:11 PM
I agree with NiceZombie - Phew!! And I DIDN'T finish the bonus game!! (yet). I don't know why everyone is so down on ERS Games. Maybe the artwork isn't the best, but I find the stories interesting and there is so much to do. I agree they should have a map, as all the back and forth does get irritating. But Valdy, my hint button only took about 30 seconds to renew. Thank goodness, cuz 3 minutes would have really tested my patience! I have to disagree, also, with the reviews that were disappointed about no HOS. I was so relieved to have NONE!! The mini-games were pretty easy, but I have to admit a couple had me stumped. Well, I did enjoy the game even tho it did seem to go on forever! Well, everyone to his (or her's) opinion. That's what makes the Forum so interesting.

Hope everyone who was in the path of "Sandy" is O.K.

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 2, 12 8:20 PM
Just re read some of the reviews and I have to agree with gamergirl about the ending. Those poor whatever you want to call them!! I also wanted to add that heads without bodies has always creeped me out!! So, again, I did enjoy the story.

feenix

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 3, 12 7:37 AM
I actually enjoy the puzzles more than the hidden object scenes, so I like that aspect of this game. All in all, I am finding it fun. However, I do have to rant about one thing. I don't know if anyone here sews, but I do, and this irritated me beyond all reason: you cannot put a regular needle intended for hand-sewing in a sewing machine! The hole in a sewing machine needle is at the bottom. The eye of a regular needle would be covered up when you put it in a sewing machine, if it even fit there, which it wouldn't.

Okay, rant over. I feel better now.

[Post New]by tahtah58 on Nov 3, 12 6:43 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you. no hidden object scenes. they are so BORING. finally a pure adventure game.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 5, 12 5:25 AM
tahtah58 wrote:thank you, thank you, thank you. no hidden object scenes. they are so BORING. finally a pure adventure game.

Couldn't agree with you more! I was getting so bored with the hidden object scenes in adventure games, I switched to playing Time Management and Match 3 Adventure games. This game is a wonderful example of how you can make Adventure/Puzzles games interesting and unique without those very boring hidden object scenes. Fun to play and a very "do able" one which kept me interested all the way to the end. Hope developers get the hint and start making more like this one!

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Nov 20, 12 10:44 AM
Loved, loved this game!

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Nov 20, 12 12:01 PM
What a GREAT game, I am enjoying it so much! The first game I have ever played with no HO's, and guess what. Loved it, I think I have 'outgrown' them (HOs), enjoy the puzzles so much more, gets my mind ticking.
It always surprises me to see so many fishies griping about slow hint and skip refills. I don't use them very often, because I thought the object was to try & figure things out for yourself. Why bother playing if its click, click, try to finish as fast as possible. Thats no fun. imo.
Back to play, but had to tell you all how much I am enjoying it, my fav. game in many months.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Nov 24, 12 11:56 PM
Lots of inventory scenes and no standard HOS that I have come across so far in the 1hr trial. Not too difficult mini puzzles, but not so easy to figure out wht inventory is needed to use where. U kinda get lost in the various rooms and beautiful scenery. I loved the hologram cat, so cute!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 25, 12 4:57 PM
Review (a bit late, I know!) after playing most of the demo:

I quite like this game! The graphics are very clear and beautiful as for this developer. The story - although "out there" is interesting and I want to see where it goes. I like games once in a while without lots of H0 scenes so this should be good for me. Navigation flows well - again, as I always find in games from this developer. No technical difficulties with cursor or lagging from scene to scene. Sounds/voices: I don't know as I don't play with the speakers on.

The hint system is good when needed. The puzzles are nice as in "not having to pull my hair out" to know what to do or how to accomplish them - which I DO appreciate! Also there is a fair amount of "running around" which I do like.

The games by this developer may not be difficult to play or last a really really long time, but I do enjoy them and have bought most since I've been a BFG member. And, since there is a Thanksgiving weekend sale going on, I can get the game for $4.99 today!

[Post New]by onesweettart on Dec 1, 12 7:49 PM
(based on demo)

Dull and far too easy. I completed the demo in 35 minutes, never went near the hint or skip buttons, and was never 'grabbed' by the story. I used to perk up whenever I saw that a game was developed by ERS, now my shoulders slump and I wonder if I should even bother with the demo.

Mixed feelings about lack of Hidden Object Scenes. I enjoy them, and prefer to have them, but I loathe ERS' recent silhouette-use-one-object-to-get-the-next "hidden object" scenes, so if I had to choose between just those two options I'd do without entirely.

The biggest problem is that the demo wasn't fun. It required no thought and wasn't even a mindless distraction, it was just "click, click, click, pick up object, use object, pick up object, use object".

To be fair, a positive: they let me take the net off the cat that I'd trapped, which I hadn't felt great about having to do in the first place.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 6, 12 6:11 PM
liked the game, just wished there had been an interactive map

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 15, 13 7:55 AM
this is a really nice game and a long one too. the puzzles were always different and alot of fun. worth the price.--------doug & lisa.................

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jan 17, 13 12:50 PM
A mixed bag of reviews with quite a lot of harsh critisicms as per for both the dev and those that enjoy their games.

This was a pretty nice way to whittle away a couple of hours. The game moved along and wasn't overly taxing in the puzzle department. If you are looking for something tough to stretch the old gray matter this isn't it. But for a decent game with a good story and length, nice graphics (I don't mind their style) and lots of straightforward puzzles this is a buy.

Go to: