nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Oct 31, 12 11:40 PM
Does "some things never change" mean no morphing objects?

Did someone already say that? And, should I be whiting out my comments, as I did here?

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 31, 12 11:57 PM
Nantyglyn,

It could mean that. It could mean any number of things... And at least one person has posted up a slightly different solution (also whited out), which could make for a major difference in emphasis.

As far as the whiting out goes, part of the reason for it is to give fishies elsewhere/when the chance to solve the puzzle before they happen across the answer.

I think the biggest reason that the white-out has started so early is that the spec thread was started so late (9:30 pm PDT) that many fishies haven't *seen* the thread yet.

So I think perhaps it's personal preference?

Vultraz
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 1, 12 12:23 AM
Maybe "Some things never change" refers to a constant location? The paranormal investigator position implies ghosts, right? For ghosts, you need a dead body. For a dead body you need a coffin. The coffin needs to be buried somewhere. Somewhere could be X, with a constant marker or landmark indicating its location? Maybe something changes, but the indicator is always leads to the coffin at X?

And the Ravehnearst pic, IIRC, someone on the pre-spec thread said the text mentioned '2-year olds'. Maybe the coffin is for a child? A ghost of a child haunting the lake?

Plus, lake = water. I saw somewhere some discussion of connection between Phineas Crown's wife(?) and Charles's mother. Lake...water...pirate ship...child from Ravenhearst... Charles's dead little brother, maybe?

Just some of my crazy ideas.

Edited on 11/01/2012 at 12:30:27 AM PST

kittymckat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kittymckat on Nov 1, 12 12:45 AM
Given that the game has been announced... It isn't much of a competition!

I am so excited! Thank you beautiful fishies for whiting (oooh fish pun) out your answers! I am about 5 hours ahead so always asleep during busy times!

Big love, keep 'em coming Picman!

'scuse the typos... Sent from my mobile!

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Nov 1, 12 1:02 AM
Vultraz,

Charles' little brother? I missed that...
although in keeping with the sequencing (I'd guess you'd call it), I don't expect Shadow Lake to have anything significant to do with the Ravenhearst story arc. There may be a reference or a tip of the hat but SL should be a stand alone (or perhaps the beginning of a new story arc) story.

I like the thought of a ghost child at the lake...

Vultraz
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 1, 12 1:37 AM
Catrin72 wrote:Vultraz,

Charles' little brother? I missed that...
although in keeping with the sequencing (I'd guess you'd call it), I don't expect Shadow Lake to have anything significant to do with the Ravenhearst story arc. There may be a reference or a tip of the hat but SL should be a stand alone (or perhaps the beginning of a new story arc) story.

I like the thought of a ghost child at the lake...

I meant it hypothetically, that he might have a little brother if BFG decided to go that way.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 1, 12 1:40 AM
Catrin72 wrote:
picman050967 wrote:I'm baaaaack!

I meant to start posting last week but have been low on energy...maybe it is the drizzly Seattle fall...hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.

8 12 14 22 7 19 18 13 20 8 13 22 5 22 9 24 19 26 13 20 22

Picman

Picman - you could try light therapy for the low energy...

All the fishies: I think perhaps this sentence is as deliberate as the coded sentence. Especially as a 'back to...' reference. I'm not thinking that Picman has ever had trouble 'perking up' (and all that coffee that is being brewed will take care of that) nor has there ever been an issue with 'lively clever posts'.

I'm feeling a slight tug on my fins here....

Hmmmm...coffee? Seattle is the home of Starbucks, where it began.

Enamorte
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Enamorte on Nov 1, 12 1:57 AM
nantyglyn wrote:Does "some things never change" mean no morphing objects?

Did someone already say that? And, should I be whiting out my comments, as I did here?

This seems correct to me. :-) And maybe by "some things", it could mean that there are morphing objects, just not in place of the traditional hidden object scenes. Just my two cents' worth~

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Nov 1, 12 2:35 AM
Pepper010 wrote:
Catrin72 wrote:
picman050967 wrote:I'm baaaaack!

I meant to start posting last week but have been low on energy...maybe it is the drizzly Seattle fall...hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.

8 12 14 22 7 19 18 13 20 8 13 22 5 22 9 24 19 26 13 20 22

Picman

Picman - you could try light therapy for the low energy...

All the fishies: I think perhaps this sentence is as deliberate as the coded sentence. Especially as a 'back to...' reference. I'm not thinking that Picman has ever had trouble 'perking up' (and all that coffee that is being brewed will take care of that) nor has there ever been an issue with 'lively clever posts'.

I'm feeling a slight tug on my fins here....

Hmmmm...coffee? Seattle is the home of Starbucks, where it began.

Picmans post does come across as clues to a cryptic type puzzle... A sentence that could be broken down in parts and figured out. Does look like there are coffee references..... Will ponder on it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 1, 12 2:58 AM
Hurrah! My first real MCF speculation thread!

Hmmm, some very interesting views thus far, who knows what to believe though!

And just to note, if you have figured out a clue, it is a good idea to 'white out' when posting the answer, by changing the text colour of the answer to white, so that others can continue working it out if they happen to see it later than you do.

Anyway, happy guessing Fishies, looking forward to speculating along with you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by AnGeL_PuSs on Nov 1, 12 3:22 AM
Keep the hints coming, these threads are fantastic!

Cant wait for this to emerge, it makes my year!

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Nov 1, 12 3:50 AM
Thank you for whitening out the posts with the clues. The thread is always active while I am .

I sometimes manage to come to the same conclusion with an answer, but not very often.

with the clues.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 1, 12 4:07 AM
Welcome back Picman !

I think the answer to the number riddle has been found. But I'm thinking there is more to find in Picman's post. Interesting that he pointed out the 2008 thread (Picking Picman's Brain). I did go and read all of his posts from that thread (also looked for any that might have been recently edited to add a sneaky link ). I can't help but feel the following relates to the number riddle:

"As you found out in MF, you are the voice of the detective and he is on to something. (he????) Who could uncover all the secrets? Who(what) could reveal the future about something dark that happened in the past?"

SO--if some things never change, then we will be looking for who or what that can reveal the future about something dark/evil that happened in the past.

Edited to add: Do we really think Picman intended to start the thread last week ? Did something happen last week that might have to do with this game? Is he referring to the job posting that is dated Oct 25th?

Edited on 11/01/2012 at 4:39:21 AM PST

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Nov 1, 12 4:56 AM
......20 days to go ! x

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Nov 1, 12 5:13 AM
saskatil wrote:

hmmm...... if Picman is low on energy, does this mean he's anaemic, and we are going to have vampires this year?

Blackie - here's your special code (highlight to read)-
INYOURDREAMS

if he is referencing vampires, I guess light therapy is a BAD idea! :
And, way too funny, sas on the special code.

Picman doesn't actually reference coffee - I inferred that from 'perking'.

Good thinking Dogmama on checking back to the thread that started it all. I think we may not have quite enough solid information yet. Of course, I've thought that before and it turned out I was so wrong!

And a mod heard from in the middle of the night! WOW! Wonder if BFGBaikal is in Cork? Welcome, btw, hope you have as much fun with us as Solice did last year!

Edited on 11/01/2012 at 5:16:50 AM PST

Rockingmum
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Rockingmum on Nov 1, 12 5:22 AM
Hey you guys,

nice to see you all here! It's going to be a couple of exciting weeks!
( For nerdy me, myself and I anyway...)

I was SO happy when the thread started then sat inmediatly
dissapointed in my chair because I HATE NUMERAL PUZZLES!!!
I need a picture or something to think properly,
just a sentence of numbers is like a foreign language to me.
Sigh...
But thanks to the power of the pond it got solved very quicly!
You clever fishies!
How can I ever contribute?

I do agree on the answer of the riddle having to do with the Morphing Objects.
And I have the song : " Some Chance" from Boz Scaggs in my head since I read the clue.

Maybe I'll swim by later, today is a Holiday here so DH and the kids are at home.
So no sleuthing for me till kids bedtime.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 1, 12 5:46 AM
Catrin~ Good point about Baikal dropping in to comment especially when you add in his/her? (sorry Baikal, but I don't know which ) comment:

"Hmmm, some very interesting views thus far, who knows what to believe though! "

Does that mean anything? Could the right words be there but in incorrect order? Highlight to read:

Never change some things
Which makes the game sound a little more dire.

Or could it mean no one has correctly solved the numbers? Or does Baikal's comment mean nothing other than it says?

251_Ehmyay
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by 251_Ehmyay on Nov 1, 12 6:06 AM

Okay – Picking apart Picman….

There is no punctuation in the number sequence. If the first two words are combined and an apostrophe is added, it kinda changes the meaning of the phrase. Highlight for further explanation:

Something’s never change…which actually would be “Something is never change.” That’s not grammatically correct, but if a colon is added “Something is: Never Change” we get what seems to be a reminder or a command…as in “One thing to remember is to never change” It might be semantics, but it gives the phrase a deeper meaning….

Going along with the above hypothesis, the other clues in Picman’s post are things like “annual tradition” and the constant references to how the spec threads have been in the past. I also believe that everything is deliberate in his posts and the last paragraph is both a clue and a red herring.

The English teacher in me is coming out and wondering about the phrasing of “…hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.” Usually someone writes a post, not makes one, and there should be a comma between lively and clever. Don’t wanna be nitpicky, but every little thing jumps out at me in these threads and makes me wonder….

Ehm

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Nov 1, 12 6:13 AM
Good morning everyone.

I also thought that last paragraph was worded oddly and the reference to low energy immediately made me think of a battery. I had just plugged in my Kindle to recharge it.

In the job posting wasn't there mention of needing to operate ghost hunting equipment. Are we going to be looking for more batteries to operate some of this equipment. Was it Huntsville or Prime Suspects where we had to find new batteries?

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 1, 12 6:22 AM
It was Prime Suspects.

Go to: