mikado1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mikado1 on May 19, 14 12:19 PM
From chapter two arriving to the town of Nightingale I have problems to manage my cursor. It goes all over the screen and I have tried to restart the game without any success. I really like this game, so I would love it to work.
I have heard that I´m not alone, so please help!

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scs2 on May 26, 14 3:55 PM
mikado1 wrote:From chapter two arriving to the town of Nightingale I have problems to manage my cursor. It goes all over the screen and I have tried to restart the game without any success. I really like this game, so I would love it to work.
I have heard that I´m not alone, so please help!

Same problem here with the cursor. Totally unresponsive to my touchpad. Takes forever to get it to whatever spot I need -- and totally spoils any fun in the game...

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 28, 14 6:11 PM
Robilyn wrote:Blah,blah,blah. You have had my money for 3 days. What do I have? l have a game that doesn't work. All I want to know is when will the game be fixed?

I realize this is a very old post, (November 2012), but I am just now finding this game and needing assistance so I am a bit late to the party, as it were.

Still, I couldn't help but respond to this older post.

My, how rude and aggressive that post is. When I read comments like these – which, thankfully, are rare – I suspect the authors couldn't possibly be veteran BFG members, because my fellow fishies never post comments using such ugly words and tone.

I hope that in the year and a half since writing the above post that this particular fishie has learned the proper way to communicate on BFG boards. Our boards reflect a BFG membership who are kind, civil and patient, even when we must post about problems with a game. BFG fishies are the best.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 28, 14 6:26 PM

As for the problem I am having that prompted me to come to the tech issues forum, I am also unable to control my cursor. I see others have had this problem, also. I suppose there is some validation knowing I'm not the only one who is having this problem.

The solution? I will notify BFG directly to let the customer service staff know of my issue and they will either offer me a work-around or they will refund my money.

You see, folks, that is how this all works. You don't come to the technical issues thread to alert the staff to your problem. Forums are where members communicate with other members. This is where you post your problem in the event other fishies have had the same issue and have found a solution. This is where fishies help fishies.

The moderator of this board posted time after time after time for anyone with problems to contact BFG. Forums are moderated by volunteers, not by staff.

You get no closer to having a BFG staff member hearing your problem and offering assistance by coming here and posting your problem. If you don't submit a problem ticket with BFG, then you can't complain that nothing is being done. Once you submit the trouble ticket, you will be contacted by BFG staff who will offer you either a solution or a refund for your game.

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 6:27:10 PM PST

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on May 30, 14 6:57 PM
I'm trying to play this on my MBA with Maverick and like other games I've tried recently, the cursor works for about 15 minutes and then it all grinds to a halt. I'm disappointed as I usually purchase 1-2 game a week and have gone back to replaying old games because the new releases don't work.

[Post New]by jazzannick on May 31, 14 6:50 PM
Every one of us complaining about the cursor acting weird is playing on a Mac, am I wrong? Maybe on a Mac with Maverick ? I have the same problem... I might try to get the game on another computer wich is still running mountain lion. Meanwhile, maybe bigfish should stop saying the game works with OS10.9 ? It does not... Not well, anyway. Too bad. the game looks great.

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Jun 3, 14 3:17 AM
My Mac cursor issue was solved by plugging in a USB mouse into my MacBook and using that instead of the trackpad. I don't use Mavericks.

mikado1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mikado1 on Jun 4, 14 12:06 PM
Yes I have a Mac Book Pro but have also plugged i a USB mouse, but still the same problem. I don´t have Maverick and I agree Big Fish should really stop saying the game works on OS 10,9! Well, I have paid for the game and can´t play. So far the game was really great so I would love to continue playing . Why doesn´t anybody from BF responsible for this forum, answer and advice?

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on Jun 18, 14 12:59 AM
Hello
I'm having an issue where frame rate drops to ridiculously slow speeds after accessing the map. Worst after playing more than 20mins. Currently the only way to fix is to exit and reopen. Great game otherwise.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mac 10.6.8

[Post New]by petreelaverna on Jun 24, 14 4:47 PM
unable to use the bonus CHAPTER IN ALIEN TOWN!!!

[Post New]by daisyhr on Jul 8, 14 3:39 PM
Hi,

I am having the same problem as the others one with the cursor on MPB. I tried an external mouse as someone suggest but still freezes out after a period of 10-15 minutes.
It's quite irritating!
I am going to send an email to technical support.

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Jul 13, 14 7:41 AM
I have posted the problem to BFG. I agree with that Mavericks 10.9.* will be a problem. So a warning to those who use Mavericks this game will not work. Also I am testing with Yosemite and this game is has the same issues of a slow cursor game play and locking up. The game needs to be updated for the newer OS X’s.

ChocPeng wrote:
As for the problem I am having that prompted me to come to the tech issues forum, I am also unable to control my cursor. I see others have had this problem, also. I suppose there is some validation knowing I'm not the only one who is having this problem.

The solution? I will notify BFG directly to let the customer service staff know of my issue and they will either offer me a work-around or they will refund my money.

You see, folks, that is how this all works. You don't come to the technical issues thread to alert the staff to your problem. Forums are where members communicate with other members. This is where you post your problem in the event other fishies have had the same issue and have found a solution. This is where fishies help fishies.

The moderator of this board posted time after time after time for anyone with problems to contact BFG. Forums are moderated by volunteers, not by staff.

You get no closer to having a BFG staff member hearing your problem and offering assistance by coming here and posting your problem. If you don't submit a problem ticket with BFG, then you can't complain that nothing is being done. Once you submit the trouble ticket, you will be contacted by BFG staff who will offer you either a solution or a refund for your game.

RichardIII
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by RichardIII on Sep 22, 14 3:52 AM
Can't even get the game installed. I double click the big fish icon that comes up after opening the .zip file and all I get is this error message box:-

"bigfishgames_p220638897_s1|1.app" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

Thanks

jbspeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jbspeck on Nov 14, 14 8:09 AM
MacBook Pro, OSX v10.10 -

I am about halfway through the game and my curser has become progressively sluggish causing me to exit game and restart each time. Now restarting does not fix the problem. I can no longer move smoothly to target areas and moving to the menu button in order to exit and then to respond "yes [I truly do want to quit]" has become exhausting! I have also mad sure I do not have multiple programs open on the desktop. Please advise.

acstechn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by acstechn on Mar 11, 15 6:54 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem. I exited (finally) and restarted the computer and restarted the game. Worked fine for 7 or 8 screens and then slowly became more and more sluggish. I'm running MacOS 10.10.2 with plenty of RAM. No other programs open. Any help appreciated.

Go to: