Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children forum

[Post New]by sandyturley1954 on Sep 19, 09 11:47 AM
My villagers have run out of food. I keep taking them to where the soil is good but there is no water. They keep saying how will we irrigate. So, I have put them in the pond, and then on the soil patch, and then let they do research. It is driving me crazy, can you help me?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Sep 19, 09 3:19 PM
You need construction level 2 in order for your villagers to build a dam in the creek. This will divert the stream into the patch of good soil for a garden.
This garden and the level 2 farming coconuts will only feed a village population of less than 20 people.
Supplement the food bin with mushrooms collected by the children.

godsteddy
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by godsteddy on Sep 30, 09 5:18 PM
FINALLY I reached L3 in Farming, Exploration and Engineering. Have L2 in all the others. Problem is now that I cannot get to the Mosaic Floor. I have read all the Puzzle Solving Pages and they all say that I need L3 in Exploration and Engineering and then drag a villager to the corner and they will start uncovering it. NOT I have dragged Elders, Masters and plain ole villagers. All say confused and more research is needed. What have I overlooked? I was sooo excited to get that 160,000 tech points so I could solve this and now I'm stuck. Waaaa! hehe!

And btw, if you have just started playing.. be VERY CAREFUL about marking a male for Parenting (LOL! oh my!)

pumpkinz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pumpkinz on Oct 3, 09 10:44 PM
Hi how do i recover the third piece of gong and uncover the ancent area and uncover the hidden writting please x

duncdunc
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by duncdunc on Nov 8, 09 7:50 PM
I can help, But what pieces of the gong have you collected?? I don't understand... To uncover the mosaic (ancient place) You need Level 3 building and Culture. To uncover the walls, you just need level 3 Culture. After you uncover the ancient place, put a totem in the center of the mosaic. (You get a totem by getting an esteemed elder, which is a master at 3 different skills.) That should uncover the last piece of the gong. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 7:51:09 PM PST

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Dec 18, 09 11:02 AM
This one (the lost children) is the worst of the three, I have all 6 technologies fully researched and I am bored to tears with this game. It' not as exciting as the secret city and I'm really enjoying the first one. Of all three games, I vote this one the worst. Tho, is just my opinion---you got to respect that

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 7, 10 4:43 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I had two master builders but they died just before my third builder became a master... hes dead too. I have nothing to build, how do i get 3 master builders now?

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 8, 10 12:25 PM
nowere11 wrote:
Cutiepup1 wrote:The Birds keep eating my crops.
This is my food source...
How do I stop this from happening?
Please Help!
well i dont know how to put water on the soil!HELP!

ok ok....

Cutiepup1 = make a scare-crow (c other posts 4 how)

and

nowere11 = farmers will do it autamatically if its irrigated. If u want 2 no how 2 irrigate it ; level 2 building to build a dam in the river next 2 da soil

hope i helped

Edited on 01/08/2010 at 12:27:28 PM PST

The Acient Floor

[Post New]by myteddybear on Jan 12, 10 2:43 PM
Hi, I'm struglling to figure out how to uncover the acient floor!
Can someone please tell me what technology should I have and what to do to uncover the acient floor !
I beg u all !!!

The Acient Floor

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 14, 10 1:53 PM
myteddybear wrote: Hi, I'm struglling to figure out how to uncover the acient floor!
Can someone please tell me what technology should I have and what to do to uncover the acient floor !
I beg u all !!!

No need beg forums are for helping! even tho nobodys awnsered my question yet.... anyway I hav Lv 3 culture and Lv 3 building if it still doesnt work ell me and i'll hav another look

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 14, 10 1:56 PM
tlgdrummer wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I had two master builders but they died just before my third builder became a master... hes dead too. I have nothing to build, how do i get 3 master builders now?

PLAESE WILL SOME1 HELP ME? I STILL AM STUCK!!!!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 14, 10 2:49 PM
There is a complete strategy guide and spoilers how to go about solving every puzzle, what is needed to do them. Can't post the URL address here, but just try virtualvillagers with a dot etc, or google name of game. It is linked from the dev's website also lastdayof work ldw. No need to even start a puzzle without first knowing what is needed.

I made the same mistake first time running out of things to build and still had not done the chest on the beach needing 3 Mbuilders. We repaired one cabin for a week!! Second village as soon as a crew finished a big project like the dam or ancient floor or the wall I had plenty of Mbuilders early in the game for the beach chest which was a snap early in the game.

If you find and look at the game site (Lost Children on VV Tips menu) Tips and Tricks for the spoilers or strategy guide (all 3 VV games are there in menu) it will save you all this confusion, I do them in sequence and can do VV2 in 2 days. Just replayed VV3 again but took me a week just piling on science to get that many points to finish.

VV2 Lost Children is def my fav now that I learned in what order to work the puzzles so hope this helps.

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 2:53:59 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 14, 10 3:14 PM
Puzzle 10 requires Level 3 of both Engineering Tech and Culture Tech. Drag a villager to the ancient covered floor in the southeast part of the village and they will begin uncovering the site.

(From the Virtual Villagers website.)

Drag 3 villagers there, it takes a long time but you will get some Mbuilders from it or any long project, then take them to the chest on the beach. While doing a long bldg project I keep everyone else on tech points and 1 food plus keep the kids busy. They get a LOT of tech points for duplicate collectibles, plus may get some red mushrooms. Keeping pop 12 or under just one farmer and a kid can keep them in food til the dam is opened for planting.

Definately keep parenting unchecked on details until your kid is 12 yrs old, when he becomes a worker you'll have a new 2 year old if you time it right. If one of your builders is a female, pick someone else to have a baby and let the builder keep working for MS.

[Post New]by Knotphjtfenotpo on Jan 20, 10 11:46 AM
I think I the most amount of villagers you can possibly have in Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children. I had 88 people, and then a Barrel of Babies washed ashore and I had 91 people.

mickisue
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mickisue on Jan 22, 10 2:39 PM
I haven't seen this one addressed. I finished all the puzzles in my first village yesterday, and rang the gong. There was a message that said it would take time for all the magic to be restored; a full day (meaning *my* day, or 12 years for the game).

Today when I opened that village, a message said that someone had taken all the infants during the night, and the mothers were beside themselves. (Well DUH) Does anyone know if this is related to the ringing of the gong? The message on the vine wall sounds as tho the gong is somehow sinister....

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 22, 10 2:50 PM
That particular event is a heartstopper, yes, but it's not as bad as it seems.
No. Random events and the gong are two separate issues. And you can ring the gong once every 24 hours.
Hopefully the developers will tie up this loose end (the mystery surrounding the missing parents and the gong) when they complete VV: The Tree of Life.

mickisue
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mickisue on Jan 23, 10 12:33 PM
Yeah, that would help! I think I'm done, then...the game lasts long enough to certainly be worth the $6.99, doesn't it?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 23, 10 2:55 PM
LOL, Plant Tycoon and Fish Tycoon have taken me years to eventually solve.
All LDW games are certainly money well spent in terms of length and depth.

mickisue
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mickisue on Jan 23, 10 9:00 PM
Not sure that I have all their games, but the ones I have, I've enjoyed. One more question: if the gong being rung didn't cause the babies to be taken, what did? And what did ringing the gong the first time do? Nothing, because it was too newly put together? (I analyze this stuff WAY too much for my own good!)

I noticed that when I rang it today, it gave food.

ScarybookGirl
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by ScarybookGirl on Jan 24, 10 10:55 AM
so u can hit the gong and it gives you stuff?

Go to: