blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Nov 24, 12 10:28 PM
Had an access violation while I had to leave the comp for a few minutes.Was on the bonus game with the ships medalions when it occured.
A really great game but its not up to the devs usual standards.

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 10:32:08 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 4:08 AM
Heya Fishies,

If you have tried all the suggestions like uninstalling and reinstalling your game and updating your drivers, you might also find some helpful tips here if you are seeing an access violation.

Should your game still not play properly afterwards, you can always get in touch with our Tech Support Team as well. they'll be happy to have a look at that for you or organize something if you would rather not keep the game.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by corkyshadow on Nov 25, 12 8:37 PM
My game keeps shutting off. I click the icon and it starts again after I click continue, but then it shuts off after about 15 seconds. It takes a long time to play a game that way.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 3:42 AM
Heya corkyshadow, welcome to the Pond!

When a game keeps crashing like this, it could indicate that the software on your computer could do with some updating. You can find some easy steps on how to get all your software up to date here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Nov 26, 12 4:56 PM
had to cliick all over the light bulb. clicked on cone, tried to put it in test tubes, had to to use hint before it worked.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Nov 27, 12 8:19 PM
i have had two access violations so far (i am at about pg 20 according to the strategy guide). the first occurred when i picked up the horse scale - the fish window went black as did the inventory box containing the bucket of cement. then the whole screen went blank and got a violation. so i uninstalled and reinstalled. continued, got to the cut scene after waking the keeper of order by burning the tobacco in the candle and got access violation 0x02DC0D50. i have opened the game again and have to redo everything in the room with the keeper.

bf, this is three in a row (for me) with major glitches. all collectors editions - the other two were

MCF: Shadow Lake, the bonus chapter did not work right - i actually hacked code to collect the item in the safe.

Brink of Consciousness: Lonely Hearts Murders, i collected an item that did not get into my inventory making the game un-finish-able.

very very disappointing bf. very disappointing indeed.

oh, and yes, i keep all drivers, direct x, etc up to date.

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 8:20:49 PM PST

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Nov 27, 12 8:28 PM
went back into the game and got another access violation almost immediately.
0x658410B3.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 28, 12 4:34 PM
Hi undrgrndgirl,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with your games!

Since updating ideas we suggest haven't helped, I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team directly now. They have the tools to see more about how those games are working with your particular system and will work with you on some more specific troubleshooting steps to get things straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by dalresq on Nov 28, 12 9:19 PM
I was having a lot of trouble with the game freezing on me and the dialogue and music would repeat, like a record sticking. I had already tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck. I also had a couple of error messages and was shut down. So I went to the website and I downloaded the latest driver for my computer (I have Windows 7) and installed it. It worked better but I still had the same problems, just not as often. It shut me down 2 times WITH the new driver. So while I did manage to finish the gane, I do believe that this game does have some serious bugs that need to be worked out.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 3, 12 10:29 AM
Managed to finish the game (and enjoyed it) but - I was almost finished the main game (in the place with the undertaker tied up) and suddenly my cursor stopped working! Had to cad out of the game, then went back in the next day and un-checked custom cursor, was then able to finish the main game and the bonus. Up to that point it had been working fine, obviously a glitch in the game and probably the developers will not bother to fix it. Other than that it was a fine game.....

[Post New]by 2gooddogs on Dec 3, 12 6:42 PM
Just reporting that every time I entered the Commandants room the cursor would freeze up or be really jumpy and made game play very difficult. As soon as I left the room it returned to normal. Also, about half way through the game the dialogue would not work properly. The character would say the first two words and just keep repeating them. I had to skip all dialogue from that point on

I purchased the collectors addition but cannot find the bonus content anywhere. Anyone know where to find it?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 3, 12 11:44 PM
2gooddogs wrote:<snip>

I purchased the collectors addition but cannot find the bonus content anywhere. Anyone know where to find it?

Sorry, I can't help with the tech issues, but to find the bonus content, go to the main menu page of the game and on the left hand side, on a tombstone, you should see "Extras". When you get to the new page click on "Play Game". Good luck!

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 11:46:21 PM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 4, 12 11:43 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks to those who have already tried out some troubleshooting steps like updating the video card driver as that can help with cursor issues and freezing issues as well. (If you haven't tried that yet just click the blue text for instructions!)

If there are any further issues with the game though please contact Tech Support. They'll be happy to work with you directly to try some additional steps.

To reach them just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

dixated
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dixated on Dec 16, 12 12:02 PM
Game froze, could not move cursor on the bottom half of the screen and could not turn the game off. I had to turn my computer off to leave the game.

[Post New]by margaretann1951 on Dec 26, 12 9:09 AM
HI everyone I am new on here, I bought this game off here and it downloaded then as soon as I clicked on it to play the game I got - MICROSOFT STOPPED WORKING PLEASE CLOSE ) what is the point of buying these games if they don't even work ! I am just downloading again to see if the same happens, I am using windows vista. Any help much appreciated please.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 26, 12 1:51 PM
Welcome to the Pond margaretann1951!

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues.

It sounds like the game may have crashed, or froze, and one good trick to help this is to check for any video card driver udpates. This helps the game and other programs to run more smoothly.

Also, please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support. They'll work with you directly to help resolve those issues!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

dixated
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dixated on Dec 30, 12 5:33 PM
I am missing a shell and can't find it.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Jan 3, 13 11:49 AM
Purchased the CE version while I had a PC with Windows 7 Everything was good but had not finished the game. Yesterday I received a brand new HP Notebook 2000 with Windows 8 ooohhhh sooo many issues.

Starts off with Undertakers wife stuttering her comments 3 repeats then moves on then does it again 3 stutters 3 separate times.
Freezes and locks up screen has access violations.
Black boxes are now covering all the menu buttons and inventory plus a small black box is moving around the screen kind of like touching the various items on the screen.
seems I have to wait until all action on the screen is complete before starting to do any motion to help prevent freezing...example when the owl is in the graveyard and you are to follow. When he was flying to the tree that had the hole in the trunk I clicked before he had finished flying and the hand cursor froze the screen turned black and had to control alt delete to get out again. Problems continue through out the game, I am now up to the bee hive in the cannon with no let up in problems.

VERY difficult to play like this as I have unloaded, reloaded rebooted, and tried playing slowly making sure all motion was complete before moving forward and I am over 20 times of shutting down and re attempting the game... VERY different experience with this new HP 2000 windows 8.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jan 11, 13 6:07 AM
same problem as chertoo

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 23, 13 4:47 PM
I am having problems playing this game. The game locks up and gives me an access error. A Ctrl-alt-delete lets me out and if I go back in I can play. This is not my main problem , just an inconvenience. My main problem is in the bell tower while trying to construct the rocket. I put the fuse, rocket base, and gun powder in the table. When I try to use the scraper to take the label. the scraper will not move. I cannot interact with anything. This seems to be a bug. I am enjoying this game and this is a royal pain in the tuckus.If there is no fix available, I would like a refund. Thank you.

P.S. this is the Collectors edition.

Thank you,

OOPS, found the problem, Loose nut behind the keyboard. I forgot the matches. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited on 01/23/2013 at 4:59:44 PM PST

Go to: