mays
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by mays on Jan 23, 13 9:09 AM
I can't get the box opened in the brothers store. I pose the stick person the way the clue shows but the box won't open. Pleeeeese HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by BibiBuggs on Jan 26, 13 7:47 AM
To start off, I had problems downloading this game twice. Then installing it, I hit another snag. Once it finally did install, I was thrilled. I began the game but hit another snag in one of the scenes in the gallery where a person is supposed to move the objects. Moved the scissors, the tape, etc. and got down to where I found a note, clicked on the note then had to go further. At that point, I could not move anything else. I saw a footprint but that was all I could do and it would not let me get any further. I sincerely believe based on other reviews that there is a real problem with this game. Don't tell me it is my driver because I have a brand new computer. Everything is up to date. I was so excited that this had come out cuz I loved the first version. This has been nothing but an extreme disappointment!

bofyen
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bofyen on Jan 26, 13 4:38 PM
first I had trouble with windowsill broken glass (wouldn't leave area.
I removed the game and reloaded it. Now I can't get the test for
the blue paint at the lawyer's office. It will not work.

[Post New]by bigjcvegas on Feb 21, 13 3:48 PM
When I am in the law office there is a sparkling area where you find the hidden objects but when I click on it it will not bring up the hidden objects. I have closed the game and tried several times but it won't work.

[Post New]by 4andsomemore on Feb 28, 13 9:28 PM
The game froze at the point where I am putting the pieces of glass back in the window. No matter what I do, I cannot get out of the program. I can't even shut my computer down. I've literally tried everything! How frustrating; now I have to bring to Apple for servicing. Sure hope they can help.

[Post New]by PJC1957 on Apr 20, 13 4:53 PM
stuck in the fireplace in sean workshop. also the statute with the horns in sean's workshop can't find the sequence to get that to work. help

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 5:04:22 PM PST

[Post New]by kaleigh2012 on May 2, 13 8:49 PM
yolanded wrote:what dpi setting I have to take 100%
what is dpi and how do I fix it

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on May 28, 13 2:00 PM
In the first game, I got to the cipher puzzle but I guess I don't have the cipher. It won't let me do anything. I opened the cipher screen but just have spinning gears telling me I need the cipher. I can't leave the cipher screen except to close down the game completely.

I hope you don't tell me I have to create a new profile and play the entire game over again to get to that spot. And what happens if I get there again withouut the cipher?

How do I get out of this vicious cycle?

Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by yvon68 on Jun 20, 13 7:27 PM
bfgTokoro wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/20/2013 at 7:29:20 PM PST

[Post New]by agathabattleaxe on Dec 9, 13 3:13 AM
In the 3rd game I was able to get the piece of cloth with blood on it out of the wall safe in the back room of the library, but the symbols did not go into my inventory so I'm unable to proceed with the game any further, i.e. put the symbols into the credenza panel. Anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by sadrand on Dec 14, 13 7:32 AM
ipad version - I am at the screen where you are supposed to put the ledger exposed on Perley but he won't take it. I have placed it on him dozens of times in every spot on his body and all around his body but it just returns to the inventory. I cannot advance any further until this problem is solved. Thanks.

[Post New]by tonewh on Mar 10, 14 12:43 AM
I am also on the iPad version of this game, and I have a problem with a hidden object scene at the galleri. It worked fine until I was to pick up the tennis ball, it disappeared, but it never showed as found in the items list. I've tried all the usual tips, line uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing works.

One would think that with all the bugs this game seem to have in all versions, there would come a fix for it? However - I see the post before mine was posted mid December without reply from BFG, so I am guessing that this game was a waste of money. Disappointing that customers gets treated like this. After all, the customers pays BFG's bills.

[Post New]by cmckeever on Mar 10, 14 9:42 AM
I had a problem in in accessing the photograph at the New Age Electronics and with getting the gas cap in the Lane house.

The problem with the New Age Electronics photo was that I did not click on it the first time I entered the store. The second time through the puzzle I clicked on the photograph the first time I went into the store and when I came back with the tool box I could access the photo. So I guess you have to click on the photo before you get the handle.

The same with the gas cap. When you first can access the bedroom you have to click on the gas cap and get the message about needing the glove. If you click on it the first time, after you finish putting the glass together it gives you the gas cap.

It's kind of a harsh punishment to make you go all the way back to the beginning for not clicking on something.

[Post New]by tonewh on Mar 12, 14 11:09 AM
In my book, that's not punishment - its a stupid technical cockup. I sent a Mail to support two days ago, still haven't heard back. How hard could it be getting a bug fix - after all - one pays for a game that works, not a game that has a gazillion bugs and tech issues.

[Post New]by tonewh on Mar 14, 14 1:25 PM
Its now been 4 days since I e-mailed customer service - they've not bothered to reply even, much less refund me for this crappy game. I've been a Customer for years, but now I am seriously contemplating to quit my mrmbership here.

[Post New]by Waxing_Gibbous on Apr 2, 14 6:23 AM
Re: Book Two - Moose Lodge Murder
Lane House Bedroom
Lock up at window after putting glass together

I had the same problem. The solution is SIMPLE.
As others have noted:

control - alt - delete out and shut down the game.
Restart the game. It returns to the bedroom before the start of the window puzzle.
Go to main menu.
Go to options menu.
Check "Aspect Ratio". I also unchecked "Custom Cursor".
Go back to the game.
It now works fine.
It takes 2 minutes.

Do not waste time reloading the game, etc.

I thank those who have posted the solution above.

I agree that the game is buggy and shouldn't be.

I wish that Big Fish would CLEARLY STATE the above work-around, rather than having us do worthless, time-consuming things like updating drivers, reloading the game, sending reports to technical service.

May you all be happy!
Frank

Cms7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Cms7 on Apr 22, 14 6:04 AM
I am half way through solving the 1st case and it keeps throwing me out telling to unlock more games for $6.49?? Shouldn't I have the option to at least finish this 1st game and then decide if I wish to spend another $6... Does each game cost $6.49? Even if I go back into game to try to finish it, it keeps throwing me out... Please advise??

joker52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by joker52 on Aug 22, 14 12:14 PM
In the Finnigan's Fake part, I am trying to insert the security disk and it won't let me, but it keeps telling me in the hint that is what I am to do. I have left and came back and it still does not let me do it. I deleted the game and reinstalled and it is still happening. Please help!

Go to: