kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kellen46 on Dec 23, 12 10:50 AM
I have finished the game, I found the keys to the quarry in the regular game and have opened the gate and lowered the crate from the crane. However I am not able to access the extra game play or the morphing key. The first two icons highlight and open but the bottom two do not.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 2beaggrrls on Dec 24, 12 7:26 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did you get any help?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 24, 12 9:12 AM
kellen46 wrote:I found the keys to the quarry in the regular game and have opened the gate and lowered the crate from the crane.
That's the beginning of the extras, which are embedded rather than added on afterwards. You need to decipher the symbols on the safe by using the accounts ledger in the office before setting the three codes.

[Post New]by 2beaggrrls on Dec 25, 12 5:28 AM
What about the morping objects option?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 25, 12 2:39 PM
2beaggrrls wrote:What about the morping objects option?
They start once you get the mask out of the safe.

msnes
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by msnes on Dec 27, 12 5:28 AM
For those with cursor problem at board,i had the same problem but after i unchecked high definition and hardware cursor from options it solved,hope it helps

[Post New]by MLSArtist007 on Dec 28, 12 5:44 AM
Hello all!

I am stuck at 68% complete in the game. I know I am supposed to match the drawing of the girl with a photo in one of the files in the sheriff's office. (the one on the shelf with the picture of the dock and the boat on the lake) the strategy guide keeps telling me this is the next step but the game will not let me take the file off of the shelf. it keeps telling me there are more clues around the office and that I don't have time to look at the files. I opened the lock box in the other room and matched all of the other drawings. I still need to crack the safe, but I haven't figured that out either. please help! Thanks so much!

[Post New]by MLSArtist007 on Dec 28, 12 6:03 AM
Nevermind. It wasn't a game glitch, it was my error. Thanks anyway! :-D

[Post New]by jemangels on Dec 28, 12 5:51 PM
I purchased this game last night the collectors edition but did not come with the stratiguy guide! HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Dec 29, 12 4:48 PM
I have talked with customer service when the game first came out about the missing cursor on the coroner's cork board. I got back the regular fixes and that it was a known issue. Nothing has worked to fix this. I can not proceed in the game. I think it is horrible you would release extra content for the holidays but not fix this problem that effects a lot of users. Are we ever going to see a fix to this or have you just written some of your customers off?

[Post New]by RedSox15Fan on Dec 30, 12 9:12 AM
I never had a problem with the corkboard as others have, but I did get stuck on the map in the tunnel. You lose your cursor and are stuck there. I tried turning High Def off and Hardware Cursor and even tried exiting the tunnel after the short video and going back in before looking at the wall. Just an observation to the techs, it seems like the map may be displayed in a "video box" like what the skeleton moving was in, which is meant to close by itself when the video ends instead of having the X on the box for you to manually close it after viewing a still image (i.e. the map). Please let me know if there have been any fixes to this problem. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall and start over. Thanks!

[Post New]by Ghostkitty on Jan 1, 13 3:23 PM
Hey Fishes ,
For everyone who's having a problem with their cursor and the corkboard...I found a post that suggested
click on the board with your knife

...then click on the envelope...the knife will drop from your cursor and you'll be able to continue...This worked for me

Of course I can't find the original post, But to the person who made that suggestion A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

I've finally found all the morphing objects and finished the game. To bad the devs haven't come up with a proper solution.

[Post New]by KristiHayes on Jan 3, 13 6:46 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This actually worked! I have tried all of the "fixes" that CS sent and nothing! I just sent an angry reply and came over here to see if you brilliant fishies had any other suggestions and I can't believe it. IT WORKED!!!

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Jan 3, 13 11:14 PM
GhostKitty you are a lifesaver! The knife idea worked!!! THANK YOU!

[Post New]by KristiHayes on Jan 4, 13 2:00 PM
You've got to be kidding me! I am having the SAME problem later on

SPOILER ALERT:

In the train tunnel. I can click on the skeleton guy the first time and watch the cutscene, but then when I go to get the drawing/map my curser is gone again. This time the work around isn't helping. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am in this game.

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Jan 7, 13 2:03 PM
I tried the knife trick in the corners office and it worked. Now I am stuck because Cassandra hasn't called me back to the motel to get the sketches. I have done everything humanly possible in the game to do and when I look at the strategy guide it tells me that Cassandra is the next step. I can't even trigger the search for objects in the corners office. I am super frustrated with this game. Can anyone help me?

[Post New]by micahgee on Jan 8, 13 12:45 PM
Knife trick worked like a charm, but yes, the map behind the skeleton makes my cursor disappear once again..i was hoping i could finish this game after the corkboard glitch but here we go again,...please hear us out!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 8, 13 3:01 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry you're running into another issue now with the cursor!

Since it looks like you were first able to move on using a workaround, it seems like this is a bigger issue than at just the Coroners Office.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and let them know about this new details of the problem. We are still working on getting this addressed, and that additional info will really help!

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

jehfis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jehfis on Jan 11, 13 1:38 PM
HI!, Went through the whole game with the right half of the screen not usable --- duh! I should have come to the forum! I didn't think of the forum until it was too late! The tech advice fixed it! Next time I'll remember . Thanks! You are the best.

rikazarai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rikazarai on Jan 16, 13 3:03 PM
Ghostkitty wrote:Hey Fishes ,
For everyone who's having a problem with their cursor and the corkboard...I found a post that suggested
click on the board with your knife

...then click on the envelope...the knife will drop from your cursor and you'll be able to continue...This worked for me

Of course I can't find the original post, But to the person who made that suggestion A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

I've finally found all the morphing objects and finished the game. To bad the devs haven't come up with a proper solution.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've spent the whole evening installing, updating, re-installing...

Go to: