bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 4:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Whoome
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by Whoome on Jan 10, 13 6:51 AM
I am on the gem swap game in the upper hall and now the reset button doesn't work. The gems are all in the wrong places; some don't move at all, others move but not along channels and I can get two gems in the same place. I have quit and restarted. No luck. Do I have to reinstall the game?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 11, 13 4:06 AM
Hi Whoome,

I am so sorry to hear that!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would definitely encourage you uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

If the problems persist however, and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by beerfanboy on Jan 11, 13 10:20 PM
I've had the same problem as many other people. I missed the full moon in the library, and now I've progressed to a stage where the full moon isn't available anymore. The hint button isn't working, probably because the game is confused. Because the full moon can't be accessed anymore the game doesn't have any more hints to give.

As someone else said, this is a problem with the way the game was designed. It isn't a computer problem, a driver problem, or a monitor problem. In a non-linear game the screens should not be accessible only in a linear fashion. So the only option is to start over and make sure to remember to pick up the full moon before that screen is locked out. Not happy!!!

[Post New]by Gone_Fishing on Jan 24, 13 5:05 PM
cannot pick up coin in the HO game in the curio shop downtown. This stops the game.Haven't seen a solution in the forums but have seen another player with thi problem. Please help!!

[Post New]by plankwalker on Jan 25, 13 12:59 PM
I can not pick up the star fish. I have tried many times and also reenstalled but nothing happens. That was many weeks ago. I though maybe by now it might have been fixed, but, no deal. So..I can not finish the game. I'm on a PC and I think I want my money back if its a hopeless cause.

[Post New]by JandC18 on Feb 17, 13 1:58 PM
beerfanboy wrote:I've had the same problem as many other people. I missed the full moon in the library, and now I've progressed to a stage where the full moon isn't available anymore. The hint button isn't working, probably because the game is confused. Because the full moon can't be accessed anymore the game doesn't have any more hints to give.

As someone else said, this is a problem with the way the game was designed. It isn't a computer problem, a driver problem, or a monitor problem. In a non-linear game the screens should not be accessible only in a linear fashion. So the only option is to start over and make sure to remember to pick up the full moon before that screen is locked out. Not happy!!!

Same problem. Extremely frustrating this far into the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 17, 13 4:34 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see more of you are having trouble with this game.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team. This will really help us figure out what's causing these issues and even how they might be fixed. You can read more about send in those details in the post we created here.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by butterfly98 on Feb 20, 13 12:27 PM
PastaKitty wrote:Game downloaded quickly, but will not run. The screen goes to black for 1 sec. and then reverts to the game manager.

[Post New]by MPGRECCO on Mar 2, 13 5:58 AM
plankwalker wrote:I can not pick up the star fish. I have tried many times and also reenstalled but nothing happens. That was many weeks ago. I though maybe by now it might have been fixed, but, no deal. So..I can not finish the game. I'm on a PC and I think I want my money back if its a hopeless cause.

I can't pick up the starfish either - what can I do?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 12, 13 3:06 PM
Hi MPGRECCO,

First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this will sometimes fix this sort of issue. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there. And if it turns out there is a glitch in the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from so we can get it addressed.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 3:07:04 PM PST

[Post New]by wannabike on Mar 27, 13 7:49 PM
My computer is in the shop and I dug out this old one. I just downloaded the game and when it finished it said Error Code 2. It couldn't unpack the file. Is there anything I can do?

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 6, 13 4:48 PM
Just had a9 min left on trial when I deleted it some time back because it was laggy and curser sticky, very sad to say that the game still lags very slow to change sceens....so slow that it makes me think a crash but it is just slow-slow..
It looked to be a good game and was ready to buy..but no sale now !
With the fantasy weekend sale thought I would give it another try but like I said ...no change on redownloading....
Sorry Developers but you need to address game issues if we are to buy the games..There are a few Developers that do follow reviews and tech prob and that impresses us fishies.

Fey1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Fey1 on Apr 10, 13 4:35 PM
debbie1001 wrote:
I placed the photo in the frame on the table then the close up scene seemed to split across the screen as if it were two graphics layered one on the other. I can see the note I am suppose to take but when I click on it the close up scene closes so I can't finish the game. Bummer!!!! Another game with a glitch. Hope they get an update for this game soon.

I can't get the last (first) sapphire.

The hint button stopped working. I uninstalled and installed, still not working.

Edited on 04/10/2013 at 4:44:41 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 10, 13 5:21 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see some of you are still having trouble with this game.

Our Tech Support Team will be happy take a look at what's going on and work with you on some troubleshooting that may help. They'll also be able to collect some information that will really help us pinpoint any issues that may be coming up with game itself.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Apr 16, 13 6:17 PM
This game was a problem from the beginning. It lags every time it goes forward or back between locations, and also when an item goes into inventory after a HOS. Then I saved and exited the game, and it caused my computer to shut down. When I opened the game again, it told me that an error had caused one or more profiles to reset. The profile I was playing was completely gone. There are serious problems with this game and it needs to be overhauled.

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Jun 2, 13 6:59 PM
Game was working fine until I got to Bella's room.
Theres a sparkle on the edge of the box indicating I should pick it up but it wont pick up at the screen wont X out. Tried closing out the game and going back in but it wont work. My hit button and journal work but the map doesnt. So Im stuck with this box with the jewery box in it that wont close to go back to the full scene. Any ideas please??????

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Jun 13, 13 3:45 PM
Well, since I got no response, I had to restart the game

[Post New]by Cnedra81 on Jun 22, 13 2:05 PM
dilliedallie01 wrote: I'm needing to pick up the starfish , I know where it is, but when I go to pick it up..I can't ..I've tried 3 times, no can do..please advise..~!~

I'm having the same issue. It's VERY irritating. I cannot continue until I can pick the thing up. Advice?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 7:55 AM
With so many problems that players have been having, I wonder why this game hasn't had a major update from the developer. Or ANY update at all! I'm one of the many who hasn't even had the chance to open it because it keeps going back to the game manager. I hear a few notes of music playing but never get to the actual main screen of the game. All I get after "opening" it is a black screen with the music, then back to game manager. Yes, I did the uninstall/reinstall bit, several times, and the clock just keeps on ticking down the available minutes left. Meanwhile, I never get to actually play it. I realize that, most likely, no one will ever read this since few access the forums once the game has been out for awhile, but I'd really like a chance to play this and it'll be a year in December that it's been out.

Go to: