MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Jan 17, 13 9:20 PM
I have also run into the corrupt file twice now. Once at level 18 and then at level 27. I'm glad I hadn't spent any money on the game yet because I'd be very upset. I'll be eager to try the game again once an update is released fixing this issue.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,725 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 18, 13 12:08 AM
It has now been 4 weeks----and no resolution to the problem of the corrupted files. Seems like a very long time with no information.
But, of course, half that time was probably wasted trying to convince everyone who reported it that the problem was with the individual users.
Come on, BF, at least update us with some sort of info.

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 18, 13 10:14 AM
Hey Fishies,

If you haven't already, it would be a huge help if you would write into Tech Support to let them know that this issue is still occurring. The more information they're able to collect about these particular issues, the more we'll be able to send to the developer to help with that fix.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by smilesandcows on Jan 18, 13 12:11 PM
AAARGGHH!!!! Okay, I just got the dreaded "Profile data has been corrupted" message. I was in the high level 30's, maybe in the 40's. I have been playing this game for weeks and have purchased gems and coins while playing. I am currently waiting for Live Chat Support to help. After reading all the posts here, I am not too optimistic that I will be able to recover any of my progress. I will let everyone know if Live Support helps.

[Post New]by smilesandcows on Jan 18, 13 12:37 PM
I just completed my Live Chat with Autumn. She was friendly and immediately offered to refund the purchases that I made for gems and coins. I asked if I should submit a ticket to Tech Support. She told me that was not necessary, because the "Developers" are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I haven't decided if I will restart the game before a patch is provided. I have been playing almost daily since the game was released. I wish I read this Forum prior to downloading and playing the game. I was unaware of this issue altogether. I was enjoying this game very much and I am devastated that it crashed.

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 18, 13 1:25 PM
Hi smilesandcows,

I'm sorry to hear that happened, but I'm glad that we were able to assist you. Hopefully we'll have a fix for that shortly so you can enjoy the game without losing any data. I know that can be frustrating. As we get more information, we'll be sure to keep you posted with any updates to the game.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Myriad69 on Jan 18, 13 8:19 PM
I just had the same error message, and like smilesandcows, my level was also somewhere in the 30's.

I have been playing this game daily, and really enjoying it. I am disappointed that this seems to be an on-going problem, and I won't bother continuing to play until we hear that there's been a fix.

It's just so frustrating to lose all those items that I spent so long looking for!!

kiwiminx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiminx on Jan 19, 13 3:37 AM
I have opened all 15 locations on the map but my achievements box still shows only 14/15 and I have not received the reward which is 2 honey pots (full energy restore)

[Post New]by nurselt on Jan 19, 13 1:20 PM
chumface wrote:game freezes with blinking arrow in top right of screen!

I"m having the same issue. I stopped and restarted the game, arrow still pointing to the lantern in the top right corner, but does not respond when I click on it. The pause
button next to it does pause the game. What's the deal?? I want to play....HELP

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 19, 13 2:15 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a freezing issue when playing the game. Since many of these issues seem to be happening at similar parts in the game, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to look further into this to hopefully find a solution and get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

wyndrunes
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wyndrunes on Jan 19, 13 7:15 PM
reached level 33 and had to start over after my profile became corupted.
really sucks cause i had purchased gems the first time and now i am out those to.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 20, 13 7:38 AM
My profile just reset again about level 34. I didn't buy any gems or coins this time, and actually it's nice to be back at lower levels again with more playing time and less waiting to recharge energy. Just FYI that the profile reset problem continues.

[Post New]by tezzzz on Jan 20, 13 7:46 AM
This may not be the place to post this but here goes anyway. I have to do a lot of work on my PC - including uninstalling games. I don't want to lose my progress so far in this game - can anyone tell me where I can find my 'score' so that I can save it to a disk and then reload it later on when I reinstall the game.

[Post New]by r8er4ever on Jan 20, 13 9:31 AM
It seams that when I open the game from the desktop icon(instead of opening "Game Manager" and then launching from there) it will freeze up everything allot. Some times it only freeze's for 10-15 seconds other times I have to CTRL-ALT-DLTE -> Task Mngr -> Applications ->End Task. Then restart the game.

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Jan 20, 13 11:19 PM
Got to level 36 and the game tells me I had a corrupt profile..have to start again.. was not pleased

[Post New]by r8er4ever on Jan 21, 13 12:41 AM
And this is why I canceled my membership, spend $$$$ on a game then get to lvl 40 and "CORUPTED". Time and $$$ wasted..

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Jan 22, 13 7:56 AM
I logged into the game today and it said my game was corrupted and I had to start over. I am very unhappy I was at level 19 and now I have to start at the beginning. And I see I am not the only one that has happened to. Is this going to happen again to me when I get to that level?

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 22, 13 8:08 AM
Hi Found Fishies,

I am sorry to see that you have experienced that corrupt error message.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the issue and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can get to resolving the problem.

I know it can be frustrating to wait but I assure you that we do appreciate your help with these types of issues and this really is the best way of arriving at a conclusive resolution.

As always, the Moderation Team will always update the game Forum as soon as we have some news.

Thank you for your patience and for working with us.

bfgBaikal

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 22, 13 3:35 PM
Hey Fishies,

Exciting news! An update has just been released to help fix some of those issues you were seeing in the PC version. Please click here for the full details of the update.

To start fresh with this new build I'll be locking this tech thread. But please post any technical issues with the PC version of the game in the new tech thread here.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Go to: