Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Hello from developers!

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 3, 13 5:19 AM
Persistent_Cat
Valdy

I know that some of our team members look through the forum threads too so they will definitely enjoy your compliments! Thanks for "spasibo"!

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 3, 13 5:36 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! You just can't imagine how inspiring it is to get live reaction from the players! I'd definitely spend here few days more but already now I can say the info we gathered here is priceless; it'll definitely help us upon developing our future titles.

Once again - thank you all! It's great to have an opportunity to talk to all of you directly

Edited on 01/05/2013 at 2:39:56 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jan 4, 13 6:03 AM
First of all this game in not an HOG. I was very dissapointed to find two HOG scenes after playing half way through. But I pushed on. Then I get to the picture of the boy. I finished the picture and DID NOT receive anything from the archivist. Well I have contacted CS for a refund. I refuse to start the game over. Maybe after you fix this major glich I will try it again. But I am not going to be holding my breath.

porkyfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by porkyfish on Jan 4, 13 9:55 PM
Hi
I have been an avid PC game player since commadore 64 text adventures, Enchanter, Zork etc . Having happily played through the advances in technology, etc. I am so thrilled with the NR games . I love the feeling of being immersed in such a feast for the senses, I consider them my favs and works of game perfection! The only flaw, in my opinion is the loss of the innocent boy. I would have rather he got back home , a lot of that is because I am a mother . I am looking forward to your new games!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 2:20 AM
Just swimming in to sticky this thread as this is a great discussion and we don't want it to get lost!

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us Dev_V!

Happy gaming Fishies!

bfgBaikal

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 5, 13 2:37 AM
Hi Robilyn!

I'm very sorry you've encountered problems while playing our game I'm sure that BFG customer support will help you to settle this issue. From our side, I promise we'll do our utmost to help them immediately upon request. You see, on the current project stage all the decisions are up to BFG - that's why I cannot discuss specific tech-related stuff here. The only thing I can say is that we never abandon our projects just the day after release so we are ready to continue making our games better.

As for the game genre - well, we're the ones who just make games leaving genre definition to our players. I can only say that our game contains seven HO-scenes (including extra episode) so it's always you who decides whether NRITE is HOG, or HOPA, or just another adventure title.

Once again - sorry for any inconvenience!

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 5, 13 2:58 AM
Hi porkyfish!

It's always nice to meet such an old-school adventurer as I am myself! I still miss some old text adventures a bit - think these were a great development for imagination! And we all are really happy to hear you felt immersed - that's the best appreciation developer can get

As for the innocent boy - well, I am a father too so maybe this SPOILER will make you feel a bit better

Do you remember the outro cutscene for the main game? The one where Emily ruins the Dark City with her brushsrokes? Well, so you might have noticed that on the final portrait David stands on the tulip field with Philip who is smiling. He now wears the white clothes and he finally got rid of his wheelchair as he doesn't need one. If you have completed the bonus chapter you know that Philip never wanted to leave the City as it is the only place where he can walk on his own two feet again, where he feels sane. And David cannot return to the real world as he's actually died in the car crash (I've tried to explain this to puzzledone in a spoiler part few posts before). So now they both stay in another Realm (which is not Nightmare for sure). I see it as David can become someone like a father to Philip so this boy finally gets a parental love which he was deprived in his childhood. It may not feel a complete happy end but at least both Philip and Emily has someone who loves them for sure and who'll stay on their side whatever happens

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 5, 13 3:04 AM
Hi bfgBaikal!

Thanks for making this thread sticky! It'll help us developers not to miss any new questions from Fishies thus keeping this discussion alive It's always a pleasure to talk to you!

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jan 5, 13 8:13 AM
Please don't listen to the people who want more HOS! There are tons of other games that fit that bill, but the thing I loved best about this game is the lack of them!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jan 5, 13 12:13 PM
kaitlinn wrote:Please don't listen to the people who want more HOS! There are tons of other games that fit that bill, but the thing I loved best about this game is the lack of them!
There are also plenty of adventure games without HOG scenes. We have just as much right to voice our opinions here as you do. Thank you and have a nice day. Thank you to the developers for getting back and answering my question. Yes CS is awesome. They gave me a coupon code to purchase another CE game.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Hello from developers!

[Post New]by Robcol on Jan 6, 13 5:20 PM
Dev_V wrote:Hello fishies!

My name is Vlad and I'm representing the dev team behind Nightmare Realm: In the End… on the forums. We rarely post but we’re not aliens here - while following lots of threads on different titles we’re hoping to understand what you do or don’t like so we can make better games for you!

Just so you know: we are here, and we are listening to what you are saying!
In case you have any thoughts or ideas on the game, any feedback (both positive or negative) - please share with us!

Cheers and Happy New Year to all of you!

Vlad

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 5:21:18 PM PST

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jan 6, 13 5:22 PM
Had a great rainy afternoon with this game, I enjoyed the theme, the graphics were awesome.

Many thanks.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jan 6, 13 9:39 PM
Love this game! I enjoyed the fact that there weren't a lot of HOS. I would love to see a map in the next game where we can jump. I lose interest after a while if there is too much running backwards and forwards.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Jan 6, 13 10:37 PM
I guess I'm about to become kind of un- popular
I really enjoyed the first NR , love the puzzles , & story line.
But here comes the downer, with this game it was just way too dark, visually , really hard to see things for us that have vision problems, I was really hopeing as I played it might become easier to see, but I had to stop playing because it seem to get darker as I played. I think if you could find a way to add a brighten up button or something like that would be great. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the games.

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 7, 13 9:05 AM
kaitlinn
Robilyn

That's a perfect example of what we're going through during the development process. We'd really want to make all our players happy but I'm afraid that's just impossible All we're trying to do is to make a good game, no matter what elements it consists of. If we feel the storyline demands us to use tons of HOS - we'll definitely do it; if we feel we should make an emphasis on adventure side - why not? But as I've told before our best option is to find the golden mean based upon your opinions - so thank you for keeping this discussion alive! We all know - sky's the limit, but we'll definitely be trying to reach it out in our future titles

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 7, 13 9:15 AM
Hi Robcol!

What could be better than a rainy day dedicated to yourself? It's a real pleasure to know we helped you a bit with that! Tnanks for your appreciation

Edited on 01/07/2013 at 9:16:20 AM PST

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 7, 13 9:38 AM
Hi darkhalf01!

Thanks for your warm feedback! And since you're not the only one who mentioned the need of map with 'jumping' ability - well, we'll definitely discuss this feature with the rest of our team for our next game!

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jan 7, 13 9:54 AM
Hi housebound!

I guess I'm about to become kind of un- popular

No way - you're always welcome here and your comments are of much use!

I understand why you loved the NR1 - it was definitely on the bright side But this time, in NRITE, we really wanted to make it darker in sense of the story - you know, the kids have grown and so had their problems. But of course we didn't suppose to make the game that dark so no one will see anything on the screen

I can tell you that we always test our game on different monitors; we even have one old and dark one for these purposes. Our artists always keep in mind people who don't see very well - still, there's always a possibility we miss something with some specific PC/monitor. We're really sorry to hear that was your specific case So thanks for your feedback - and especially for your idea of adding the brighten up button; we'll definitely talk with our programmers about this while developing our next game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 7, 13 11:18 AM
housebound wrote:I guess I'm about to become kind of un- popular
I really enjoyed the first NR , love the puzzles , & story line.
But here comes the downer, with this game it was just way too dark, visually , really hard to see things for us that have vision problems, I was really hopeing as I played it might become easier to see, but I had to stop playing because it seem to get darker as I played. I think if you could find a way to add a brighten up button or something like that would be great. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the games.

Housebound... you can turn up the brightness on your computer (fn+F6 are the keys on my laptop to up the brightness). I always have the brightness down for normal internet surfing, but when I play games I always turn the brightness up, so I can see into the darker corners.

This game certainly starts with darker scenes, but you will also get into areas that are bright and beautiful and full of colours.

I didn't have a problem at all with the darker parts of the game. As I said, I always turn up the brightness on my computer anyway, and just turn it up a little more if there are too dark areas. This is such a beautiful game, and a shame if you miss out on the "lighter" parts of the game.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 7, 13 7:48 PM
Unluckily I didn't read the Hello from the Developers! Hi and Happy New Year!
If you read the reviews, then you will see my strong wish (or request) to keep your amazing and beautiful job !!!
Don't change please, because is more commercial, also you can do high selling of your games with the dedication and details on your work. You will gain in respect and prestige, the same as another big devs. still doing good job!
To me, both games are oustanding and very deep , and I like a lot your explanation about the end, I guess I have to play again to understand better your idea! I loved your different HOS, never played something so good!
Thank you very much again, and looking forward for more games from you !
Minesita

Go to: