leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Jan 11, 13 10:09 AM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi mgsantin,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from Heather yet! Things have been busy with our Support Team with the holidays, but our Reps are working hard to respond to everyone as soon as they can. If you don't receive a reply in the next day or so, please let me know and I'll be happy to check on whether we received your Dr. Felix, etc.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Jan 11, 13 10:23 AM
While I'm having the exact same problem with the glass shard, I wanted to say something else. I know it's really frustrating to have things go wrong. Believe me, I've made some noise about it more than once myself, but I've had nothing but courteous, well thought out and helpful responses from the tech. team. Not only did they "listen" carefully to the problem and then find an answer, but also they checked back with me to see if I was still doing okay with the game. They are as timely as they can be, in my opinion, especially considering all the questions that must come in on an hourly basis. I know how hard it is to be patient when you are excited about finishing a game, but give the techs. a chance to get it straightened out. If they can't, they'll make other arrangements for you to be satisfied.
No, I don't have any connection to BFG at all other than buying their games!

[Post New]by WallysMom on Jan 11, 13 10:59 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!

Is this yet another game I'm going to be unable to finish. I refuse to restart the game like I've been told to with other games, It's soul destroying! The rest of the game has been OK except for some long black screen pauses between chapters.

I'm also having this problem. Has tere been a fix for this posted yet?

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 11:00:48 AM PST

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Jan 11, 13 3:26 PM
first of all I have a brand new computer,now in chapter 4 I was playing a HOS & it disappeared I can't get the last chard,when I leave the room it still shows an active HOS. I even uninstalled it & reinstalled it no difference.Please fix it or give me back my money.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 11, 13 4:04 PM
Hi WallysMom and moonwalker97478,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing that issue. As bfgBaikal mentioned earlier, the best way for us to help with that problem is to contact our Tech Support Team. They're set up a bit better to troubleshoot that issue and hopefully get you back to gaming. They'll be happy to look into that further!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by GrannyB7958 on Jan 11, 13 4:35 PM
I have a problem with Chapter 4 HOS in 2nd room, but mine is the first HOS for the room. Have gotten all the items, but it is locked there. Have rebooted 4 times and still comes back to that room. If I leave and go out to another place and hit the hint button takes me right back to that room and still shows all item collected.

BBaker7958

[Post New]by NancyLLL on Jan 11, 13 6:43 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!

Is this yet another game I'm going to be unable to finish. I refuse to restart the game like I've been told to with other games, It's soul destroying! The rest of the game has been OK except for some long black screen pauses between chapters.

[Post New]by NancyLLL on Jan 11, 13 6:44 PM
I agree with everyone who has said that the tech team is very helpful, but it's extremely annoying to have to start again when I'm on chapter 4. I'm experiencing the exact same problem with the mirror shard and it's clearly a glitch in the program.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jan 12, 13 1:00 AM
^Well, I have come across the same problem cannot finish the HO because the list has disappeared and objects like the glass are not clickable.

And I agree, this is clearly a glitch in the game program. So, I hope there will be an update/fix very soon! Hurry hurry!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 12, 13 5:06 AM
Hi Fishies,

If a game is not functioning as it should, then getting in touch with Tech Support is the best thing to do.

I appreciate it is not nice to have issues like this when you just want to play your game but by contacting us, we can provide more options to you and also, this will help us track issues with the game that we can then pass them onto the developer.

Thank you and as always, we are very grateful for your help.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by VicsterBruce on Jan 12, 13 7:37 AM
hmmm i really wanted to buy this game but i think i will wait until all the problems have been sorted

[Post New]by MelanieAnne on Jan 12, 13 6:48 PM
Same issue with the glass shard HOS. I sent my file with my error report.Totally bummed

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jan 13, 13 1:12 AM
Okay I submitted this issue with customer support and added a screenshot + dr.felix diagnostics, hope that will help!!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 13, 13 4:22 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thank you so much to everyone that has contacted our Tech Support Team and forwarded the issue with this game.

While it definitely isn't nice to run into these issues when you just try to enjoy a game, we appreciate the time you take to send all necessary information to us so we can take care of getting your game up and running .

So if you experience problems with the game and haven't done so yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support and they'll be happy to help out!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by hanabanana196476 on Jan 13, 13 11:17 AM
There is a technical issue in chapter 4 where you can't get the last mirror shard after the HOS in the upstairs room in the Van Tassel house. I will be sending a Dr. Felix report by email to Big Fish Games. In the meantime, does anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 13, 13 3:50 PM
Hi hanabanana196476 and welcome to the Forums.

Thanks so much for taking the time to run a Dr. Felix and send it in to Tech Support. Our team here is working to get that addressed as soon as possible!

We'll also be sure to post here if we have any information about a possible workaround that might help you progress in the game.

Thanks again!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 15, 13 1:56 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just want to let you know that we've just released an update for this game that addresses the issues some of you were having with the mirror shards.

You can read about how to get the PC version here, and the Mac version over here.

I've also started a new tech issues thread so we can collect info about anything that comes up after this update. I'll be locking this one now too, but please post over in the new one if you run into any other problems.

Thanks so much for helping us figure out this issue and your patience as we worked to get it fixed!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: