wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Re:Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 18, 13 1:10 PM
aymes wrote:Wow, bit behind today! Time for a catch up!

EPF4CATSBK - what an amazing post to read! I'm touched that the game has been of help and comfort as well as being enjoyable for you! I'm glad to hear you've got all gold so far, I hope you like the rest of the game as much

wxman77477 - I'm a little confused which flag award you're missing here? You shouldn't need to reinstall the game to fix anything like this. Could you please elaborate on which achievement you're having problems getting and hopefully I can help!.

The 4th flag on the Hidden Cave and Space Station groups; "I Know Base Two" and "Shorter Circuit" flags, respectively. I have assumed these flags are awarded if you get Gold on each group Bonus game. What does it take to get the final flag for each of the five groups?

Oh by the way. I love the game, I hope more are in the future.

Edited on 01/18/2013 at 1:11:37 PM PST

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 18, 13 1:38 PM
wxman77477 - that's exactly what should happen, so I'm surprised that these have not appeared for you. I've checked the code and you don't actually need gold on these levels, you just need to complete them for the achievement to count.

Unfortunately I'm not permitted to take this any further as I'd need to ask for various bits of information and files from your machine to start investigating! So I'll have to suggest talking to BFG support instead about this who should be able to help.

So sorry about that! Thanks for playing the game, glad you hear you enjoyed it. I certainly hope I can make more in the future

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 19, 13 10:22 AM
As I indicated previously, I am not receiving all Bonus Award Flags. Is it possible if you first "Skip" a Bonus Level and return later to complete the Bonus Level, you will not get the flag because you "Skipped" it the first time through?

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 19, 13 1:11 PM
wxman77477, I'm about to have a good check of the code to see if I can spot what's happening for you there. I'll definitely try your suggestion out!

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 19, 13 1:16 PM
Another player had much the same problem. He replayed the final bonus and rather than "Skipping" he went to "Play Next Level" and then got all Bonus Flags. I did the same, and I got all Bonus Levels.
Now my only problem is Challenge Level 5. Give me a hint.
Kind Regards.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 19, 13 1:34 PM
So you've got all the flags for the bonus levels? Whew, that's a weight off my mind, thanks for letting me know!

How much of a hint do you want?

How about:

The toolshed in the top right is almost a red herring, as the most efficient production line is two sawmills and one toolshed. Only worry about the second toolshed when you have a workflow of wood/tools/metal going and when all houses are built.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jan 19, 13 3:28 PM
Wxman - I think that´s what´s happening. I too skipped a bonus and couldnt get the flag later on.

Okay - will try and replay under a different name, and see if it is okay if I dont skip. Sigh...a couple of levels will be hard to handle again

gamekitten
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,371 Posts

[Post New]by gamekitten on Jan 22, 13 11:11 AM
So aymes I'm finally getting back to you. Can I just say that I love this game. It's not overly complicated, it's fun and cute. I would recommend this to anyone. It goes to show that you should venture out of your circle of preferred genres and try something different. You just might like it.

Thanks again for this game!

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 24, 13 2:55 AM
Hello gamekitten, thanks for coming back and letting me know what you thought! It's great that you enjoyed it, especially as it wasn't your usually preferred genre.

That's pretty much "mission accomplished!" for me

[Post New]by dixieangels on Feb 13, 13 4:59 PM
Andy, WOW!! I have played both of your Tribloos games and Loved, Loved, Loved them. I got gold in all except for the spaceship in Tribloos 2 and never expected to. I did have a little help with a couple of the challengers, but ended up doing them my way anyway. I am going to miss playing them and am looking forward to another one. These games challenge me when I want to be challenged and I can relax with them when I want to. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK AND EFFORT.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 14, 13 1:24 AM
Hello dixieangels. Yay! Thanks for playing and I'm so glad you enjoyed it that much

With the bonus levels I shall have to have a long hard think about the 3rd game and will probably do something different again. I don't think anyone liked the airship level much!

I especially liked to hear that you did the levels in your own way though, that's something I'd really hoped for by making the levels as non-linear as possible so that's made my day.

Thanks again!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 16, 13 11:24 AM
When can we expect to see the Mac version of this game? I noticed on FB that you are working on it, and I am anxiously waiting

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 11:24:18 AM PST

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 16, 13 1:42 PM
Hello mcurty, hopefully soon. It's currently in testing so I'm sure it won't be long now. Sorry to keep you waiting!

Go to: