naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Feb 8, 13 7:44 PM
I sent in a help request and followed the instructions that I was given and now all I get is error 803400 and I can not activate the game. I am so frustrated with this game and I was so looking forward to playing it, but I am now thinking that just will not happen. Good luck to everyone else. (I started out with the slow play and cumbersome cursor).

cami1203
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cami1203 on Feb 8, 13 8:46 PM
This is just a quick note of thanks for the BF Tech who helped me out big time today...I too was running extra slowly and jerky and it was suggested to me to update my graphics card...I got so far, but needed a bit more help and now I'm running like a top. GOOD JOB BF TECHIES. Thanks for all of your help.

Naomi4195, have you updated your graphics card lately? Hope you get your game running as well as I did. It's a fantastic game, hope you get to enjoy it.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 8, 13 9:13 PM
I can't get any new Hints. All I get is, "Read Carol's Note on the desk in the attic." I read that note some time ago. It disappeared and is not in my inventory so I cannot read it again. I also can get no other Hint, only that one, and have to sort through the SG for help. I don't usually use the SG so it is tiresome trying to find the page I need to get the info I need to progress. In these games I usually use the Hint to find out where to go because I cannot remember where things are.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Feb 9, 13 12:58 AM
I just ran into a glitch: the hint tells me to take a wagon piece from the boat by the lake, but I am unable to select the boat (I've already taken the other things out) and I don't have the wagon piece. I'm trying an uninstall/reinstall.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 9, 13 2:24 AM
JeannieMouse,

That is a coding error in the game. Have a look at the now locked thread here called "Cannot access the boat again". You may have to start a replay under a new profile. I hope that helps.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 9, 13 3:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have already tried the suggestions offered for these issues, such as updating your graphics driver, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

We are very limited as to the support we can offer via the Forums hence, that team will be glad to help you out. Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/09/2013 at 3:07:41 AM PST

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Feb 9, 13 8:59 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:JeannieMouse,

That is a coding error in the game. Have a look at the now locked thread here called "Cannot access the boat again". You may have to start a replay under a new profile. I hope that helps.

Thanks so much, Tiger2010. I do see that thread now and it is frustrating! I liked the game, but not thrilled about having to replay the whole thing again, at least not at the moment Hopefully Elephant can do a fix.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 9, 13 9:45 AM
Hey there jeanniemouse,

Tiger2010 is correct, and other Fishies having the same boat issue found that starting the game under a new player profile has helped. Specifically as Betslaw suggests:

I restarted the game under a new name. Played all the way to the lake. If you don't get the valve before you insert the fish emblem into the box, you can't go back. Guess I missed it the first time. When you first look into the boat, take the valve and the wheel part.

Our Team here is trying to collect as much information as possible about those issues reaching the boat, so if you haven't already it would be a huge help if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. The more information we're able to pass along to the developer the more quickly they can get this resolved!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks and best of luck!

bfgIzara

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Feb 9, 13 11:45 AM
That's a lot of money for a game that I replay to complete. This isn't the first time this has happened either....I'm getting kind of sick of buying a game, playing it almost to the end, then being told I have to restart from scratch.........games are played to relax, not get stressed.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 9, 13 12:35 PM
Just coming in to say that I have just finished the main game, only problem I had was near the end (naturally) in the courthouse after Themis. When I picked up the cursed card from the judge my screen froze and I suddenly had my system cursor. Hard to CAD to exit the game. Went back in, had to re-do the stained glass, left the scene and did some other stuff, went back in and picked up the card. Everything fine from that point on. Good game, that was my only problem. Off to play the bonus game shortly. Good luck everyone!

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Feb 9, 13 2:37 PM
Well, I'll add my two cents as well - same boat access problem as so many others are having. I've sent a Dr Felix report in to tech support but I refuse to start the game over until they fix this error. Knowing me I'll just forget by the time I get to that point and do it again! So I'm off to do something else until the game is fixed - darnit, I guess I have to pay attention to Real Life for awhile now.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Feb 9, 13 7:39 PM
Althena533 wrote:
crispypot wrote:good morning to all, sorry your having problems with game, i downloaded pretty quickly this morning and the game runs very smooth , i`m on XP
hope you get it sorted very soon

That is exactly why people have alot of problems with games. XP is for games, Windows 7 is for business! ;v)

I don't know about XP, but I've had Windows 7 on my desk top since it came out. I have absolutely no problems downloading, usually in about 5 minutes on high speed cable. The only time I have a problem is when it's a glitch in the game. I uninstall then reinstall, and sometimes that works with a new identity. If not, I ask BFG for a refund. They have always agreed.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Feb 9, 13 7:44 PM
I don't know if this falls under tech issues, but....I went to the wall in the narrow alley, used the screw driver on the plaque, and it didn't go back into my inventory. I am going to post a question to see if anyone else had this problem, or if we get another screw driver somewhere along the way. I don't want to go any further if we don't, because I'll eventually just have to start again.

[Post New]by spider5811 on Feb 9, 13 10:15 PM
I have an error code problem. After I speak to the headless horseman, the game freezes up and I have to close the program. I have the Collectors edition., so I went through the strategy guide to make sure I had done everything up until that point. I uninstalled the game and I am reinstalling it right now to see if that helps.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 10, 13 1:34 AM
Heya Fishies,

If you are having problems with the game suddenly closing or if you receive an error, you could find some helpful tips in our access violation help article. Otherwise it's definitely worth to try and update your drivers and software if you haven't tried that yet.

grandmab3248 - How weird, i wonder where that screwdriver could have gone to? In some games you have to find the same tools more than once so it could be that this is intended. if you can't find another, it could also help to uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure all files are in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/10/2013 at 1:37:15 AM PST

hotsec50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hotsec50 on Feb 10, 13 1:59 AM
cami1203 wrote:I'm playing on a PC and have never had any previous technical issues before, but this game is moving along way to slowly, the cursor is very difficult to target the area you want to click, and things open and move very jerky and slowly...I erased it and redownloaded, but still having problems...the whole game acts kind of jerky. What's up with that and and am I the only one having this issue? Someone let me know something...it's driving me crazy!

hotsec50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hotsec50 on Feb 10, 13 2:02 AM
I'm having the same issues Cami. I tried all the tips in the help section (on BF) and it is still jerky and slow. I use an HP desktop and run Google Chrome as my browser. I like the game but I won't buy it with these issues. It makes the game play so frustrating! I have never had this problem with any of the other (hundreds) of BF games I've purchased or played. Does anyone have answers for me??

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 10, 13 11:22 AM
Why is my DEMO version over when it says I have 20 minutes playing time left? Not happy.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Feb 10, 13 12:27 PM
At the VERY (and I mean VERY) end of the game I got an error message that said I had a corrupt .exe file. I had NO graphics but did have audio and got to hear the end of the game. Very disappointing, but as I DEFINITELY will be replaying the game down the road, I think the uninstalling and reinstalling (plus any fixes you may do) will resolve this. I have faith!! Elephant is the BEST!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 10, 13 12:30 PM
jdelbove wrote:Why is my DEMO version over when it says I have 20 minutes playing time left? Not happy.
Free sample version

(313.23 MB )
No mention of time in a sample version. It stops at a fixed point, however long it takes.

Go to: