Re:Reviews for Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 21, 13 1:09 AM
I HAD TO UPGRADE! BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

GAME PLAYED AGAIN & AGAIN

This game has me spellbound. The ORGAN GRINDER, drawn beautifully with MACABRE GRAPHICS both COLOURFUL & DARK, weaved his enchantment upon me, and the STANDARD EDITION just wasn’t enough. (For more detail on the main game, see my review of SE game).

BONUS CHAPTER

The MAIN GAME finished CONCLUSIVELY, and the extra chapter picks up where it stopped. With an UNEXPECTED TWIST. It took me a bit over an hour to finish. It has the same ATMOSPHERE as the rest of the story, and a SIMILAR FEEL to the GAMEPLAY.

The HO SCENES & PUZZLES are ALL new. The PRODUCTION QUALITY and the MYSTERY is as good as the MAIN game. There is no sense of this being ‘tacked on’. It does move a little FASTER and there is a greater sense of URGENCY to this tale.

STRATEGY GUIDE

This is not an overly challenging game. I only used the SG twice, to help with PUZZLES I couldn’t do. Unfortunately, they were ones that the guide couldn’t help me with (multiple correct answers/ random factors). It is however well set out with info on next moves and most puzzles, if needed.

WALLPAPER, CONCEPT ART, MUSIC

Well, the MUSIC is sensational! The WALLPAPER looks spectacular on my desktop, CLEAR & DETAILED, but a bit busy for my taste. I like to be able to see the few icons I have on there!

BESTIARY

This is great FUN, and almost constitutes a GAME in itself. The 9 BEASTS used in the game are here in JIGSAW form, but the jigsaws are TRICKY. Also, there is a brief description of the myth surrounding the creature. I WISH we had THESE shots available as WALLPAPER. They are the best of the game – except for the ORGAN GRINDER himself who we do have on wallpaper.

LOST PETS

There are 10 of these to be found throughout the game. They are NOT HARD to FIND, because they shimmer. Some PETS are only accessible from the BONUS CHAPTER.They are gorgeous mythical creatures, and again, I wish we could have their ‘page’ in the bonus content as a WALLPAPER.

CURSED CARDS

There are 13 cursed cards, but they are necessary to the game play, so they’re not really collectibles. They are NOT available in the SE. They give the story from our point of view as it is played out, and act the part of a journal within the game.

EXTRA MINI-GAME

Not exactly a game. We get 3 records and 3 cylinders for the ORGAN, and we can mix and match to CREATE DIFFERENT TUNES. Fun!

I recommend this game!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 6, 13 10:59 PM
Just finished Chimeras and agree with all the positive reviews I have read

Great game, great music (only turned down once) great graphics - hint system & the SG answered what I needed to know

The jump map made me smile because I played barefooted and did not need 3 pair of sneakers

Any complaints I have about the story line, game and gameplay are forgotten and water under the bridge

I give this game out of possible 5

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

These are NOT hidden object games

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 23, 14 7:19 AM
I have not played HOG games for years - I never liked those find the glove, carrot, shovel things. BORING. I am a time mgmt. game fan. But in the last couple months I was so tired of playing my old games again - because there are so few TM games coming out that I had to go back to my old ones - that I did a google search on recommendations for the very best HOG games. I figured I could at least find something that was pretty and look at pretty pictures while being bored to death with search-for-the-glove exercises. I found high recommendations for dark parable, elephant, and a few other designers - and voila! Discovered that they aren't HOGs at all. THESE ARE ADVENTURE GAMES. Why are they listed under HOG??????? I am now completely hooked since I have always loved adventure games if the puzzles aren't too hard and I can skip them when I get bored. Why are these even listed under HOG???? I would have started playing them years ago had I known they were light adventure games.

This is Chimeras is fantastic adventure! Great graphics and story, level of puzzle challenge is exactly suited to me. I just don't understand why they are listed under HOG.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 18, 14 11:51 PM
Great game, enjoyed the story, hos, puzzles. never did understand the reason behind getting the lost pets.

Go to: