Re:Reviews for Dreamscapes: The Sandman

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 8:19 AM
Adventure Of The Imagination

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I love HOs. Puzzles usually frustrate me or bore me. So it was a shock to realise ¾ of the way into this game that I was playing a puzzle adventure! I hadn’t even noticed there were no HOs because I was having such a good time with the puzzles. So, one star just for that.

It has to be said upfront that the graphics in this could be better. Not the artwork, that’s fine, just the definition. Too fuzzy. But I didn’t notice that for a long time either, I was too busy playing. Also, some scenes pan. Love that. Excellent voice acting. Appropriate music. Star No. 2.

Star No. 3 is for the beholders. These are nasty little eyeballs who hide cleverly in cracks and shadows, but once you spot them, must come out where you can see them – and neutralise them. And they’re ugly little dudes. They don’t all look the same, some look like tiny spiders, others more like centipedes, all of them creepy. And there are 100 of these little nasties.

The final star, No. 4, goes to Benny, a cheeky little companion of unknown species who keeps turning up wherever you are. It’ll be a while before you figure out why.

The story that ties all these things together is one we know, but never tire of.
Laura is caught in her dreams, which some evil dream guy has turned into nightmares, and you must save her. It’s a fun story, allowing the imagination run riot, and in this game it certainly does.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 30, 13 7:48 PM
I really regret buying this game....... from big fish!!! I wish I had gone elsewhere and purchased the CE version. SHAME ON YOU BIG FISH FOR NOT OFFERING IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Far better than some other CE's you've sold.

This game is amazing!!! 5 stars

Beautiful graphics... intuitive game play... fun extras like "beholders" to find... don't miss out on this it's a gem. (But DO go elsewhere and buy the CE version... wish I had!)

I hope the sequel comes out soon... I'll be buying ALL games from this dev from now on.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 1, 13 10:43 AM
Really good game & I very much enjoyed playing it
Graphics were very good and music fit the story nicely
The Beholders were surprisingly a little fun challenge
The only negative was trying to find the non-existent bonus chapter at the end which dropped points imho
But was quite pleased overall to a well put together story/game.
Sooo I humbly give this gane 4 out of 5

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 28, 13 2:37 PM
This game was a very pleasant surprise and I enjoyed playing it.

Most unusual stuff from this dev but a great game.

However, as much as I liked finding those little Beholder devils, it got a tad tedious towards the end. Overkill, half the number would have been sufficient.

Hope they make some more good long games like this, great moneys-worth,

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 12, 13 8:00 AM
excellent game, i missed 4 of the beholders and as many reviewers have mentioned............no h.o.'s!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 14, 13 7:14 PM
finished the game . had to skip some puzzles cause didn't understand them. all most got all the critters but found I couldn't go back to the scene once I left. will keep and replay later!s

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 8, 14 3:24 PM
Finished the game, didn't find all the objects, will save and play again.

Go to: