Feedback with Blam! Games

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 14, 13 8:42 AM
Hi Blam!
lovely lovely game. really well presented. Your artists are in fine fettle. Graphics great. I love the story line, made me go google that era. The interiors are so interesting and makes one want to hop a plane to Europe. Big Time.

You are deep in talent in your group, must be a joy top work together.
kris

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 8:47 AM
Hi, kris_cross48!
Thank you!
Happy gaming!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Mar 14, 13 8:47 AM
I did demo Black Widow and it is definitely on my TO BUY list. Thanks for a great series of games. I look forward to more from you.

Marty

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 8:52 AM
Martyheinz
Great news! Thanks for you choise!
Happy gaming!

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by majageorg on Mar 14, 13 9:06 AM
Have you seen the Great reviews so far?

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Mar 14, 13 9:10 AM
I truly enjoyed the demo of this game and look forward to playing it when it comes out as an SE. I already have Web of Deceit and Fierce Tales so I cannot benefit from the bundle sale. Congrats on a really good game and I look forward to more from your company.

Q

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 9:11 AM
Yes, it's great! Thank you very much!
It will be nice, that our players from this thread posting their review in that topic - because it very important to us.

Edited on 03/14/2013 at 9:11:53 AM PST

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 9:12 AM
Qismet
Thank for your opinion!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 14, 13 10:46 AM
Loved Fierce Tales and had Web of Deceit on my
wish list, so after demo today, did take advance of the Bundle
Sale as I absolutely loved this demo.

Tried your website to see if there might be other Blam Games
that I missed. It showed The Keepers as your newest
game, and I bought that a year ago.

Curious why website is not updated to show the three games
that are being offered on this Bundle Sale and are there any
more that are not listed?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 14, 13 11:04 AM
OMGosh!...a dev in the game forum....wooooorahhh!

I have the Fierce Tales ... I played to the end in one evening as could not stop for that issue! .... but due to spider issue I just did demo of that game Web...probably should have got over that long ago? ....but have NEVER been dissappointed with THE BLAM!

So am download European now...I b right back!

Lets..

ooopseee...typo!

Edited on 03/14/2013 at 11:49:13 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 14, 13 11:36 AM
I'm really enjoying your game! The graphics and artwork are very nice.Thanks for coming by to see our comments.

I agree with some of the others that I'd love harder puzzles when playing in hard mode, as that would give the game a bit more of a challenge.

Other than that, it's a lovely game!

e:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 14, 13 11:51 AM
Gosh I love your games and bought this one right away. I am so hoping that we see more of your games in the near future. You have an awesome team and I really like some of the creative touches you've added to Scent of Desire.

Now that I've told you how much I like your games, I have one small, very minor thing that I would like in the future. When we open the diary, can we please just click outside or on the edge to close it without having to click on the X? Guess I must be just plain lazy.

Kudos to you and everyone who put their hearts and souls into this game! Thank you for an excellent game.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Mar 14, 13 3:16 PM
Just finished the demo and the game is now on my wish list (low on funds right now). It is a beautiful game and the cut scenes are very nice. The storyline is pleasant and the graphics beautiful.

I agree with most of the other posters, but do have a couple of suggestions for the future. The scent catcher and strategy guide are too close together. I kept hitting the SG when I wanted the bottle. Also, I gave up on the symbols since I had no idea what type of thing I was looking for; one I got because I saw it in the SG and the other by pure luck.

That all said, I do like the game, as I did the Web of Deceit and Fierce Tales. Keep up the good work!

CelticCoco

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 14, 13 4:40 PM
So many ques and answers by dev wow excel. I haven't read all the complaints or reviews, way to many...................but I have one complaint....................yup only one.....................please don't put the fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzieness into the games, hurts the older eyes...like mine...I'm still buying though excel game............

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 14, 13 5:47 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:

1) Let the player work out the code or clues to open a lock or something by a puzzle or by finding it elsewhere. It would even be nice if we had to take our own notes, like some old puzzles had us do! There is one place in this game (highlight to read) where the code it posted on the door right above the lock. What fun was that? It might as well have been open already. When a player uses a hard mode they expect to work a little!

2) When playing on a hard difficulty, don't tell us, "I need something sharp," etc. We chose to play on hard difficulty to figure things out for ourselves!

3) It was nice to see new presentations to puzzles. But, they are still the same puzzles! Try to put more items in the HOS that are related to the game, and time appropriate.

i agree with twinsoniclab!
i, too, miss the days when i needed paper and pencil to keep notes on codes, clues, etc!
so, when i saw the markings at the bottom of the note, i knew it would be a code. just seeing the markings again should be enough for most players to realize they've seen those markings before. this is a perfect example of dumbing down the games. i was dismayed to see the code displayed and all we had to do was click, not think! if you dumb the games down so much, why would anyone even NEED a strategy guide?

we all started as beginners (obviously) and we all made it through games by learning and figuring it out for ourselves! please, don't cater to beginners only! we long-time players NEED and WANT some challenge!

that said, i LOVE this game. the graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay smooth.
i'm going to check my budget and see if i can get this CE as i love the collectible fleur de lis and the sneaky way of hiding some of them! i almost *always* wait for the SE, but this time, i'm not sure i can, esp since i have not bought "web of deceit" (i'm horribly spider-phobic!!) but i DID trial it today and maybe, just maybe because the spiders are mechanical, i won't have nightmares tonight! having a bundle deal on top of your CE being so great, i'm terribly tempted!

good job, blam! i'm really happy to see you here! just another reason to buy your games!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 14, 13 8:51 PM
Hi Blam,
I just finished the main game, not yet the BC.
I liked a lot your game! Thank you for your nice job, the HOS are not so many .
And because I'm not a expert player, I like certain helps.I guess most of the Fishies here like more to play in Hard mode, and as Twinsonclab said, is good having our own notes for the puzzles .
I couldn't find all the collectibles, they were really hidden (to my old eyes!). Good job again!
Looking forward to have more good games from you,I say thank you very much to hear our opinions!

ETA - I'm having Fierce Tales, not The Web because don't like spiders. Your team evolved a lot ! Kudos to all of you!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 14, 13 9:01 PM
letsdoit wrote:OMGosh!...a dev in the game forum....wooooorahhh!

I have the Fierce Tales ... I played to the end in one evening as could not stop for that issue! .... but due to spider issue I just did demo of that game Web...probably should have got over that long ago? ....but have NEVER been dissappointed with THE BLAM!

So am download European now...I b right back!

Lets..
ooopseee...typo!

Later this evening...I bought this wonderful game...and ... could barely pull myself away to reply to my post...Such great graphic's (I sometimes just linger at the scene as so beautiful all in all... )...luv all the things that have already posted....U'All did an outstanding job on this little jewel!

signed....Off to Play....Lets....

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 14, 13 11:17 PM
Hi all,
i bought the game yesterday and played all evening. It is a really charming game, challenging, if you choose a hard mode, and relaxing in casual mode. The story reminds of Patrick Suskind's novel "The Perfume" - a good idea.

Ok, in the main game are not too many HOs, which I prefer, but the bonus game is nearly all over HO-scenes, what makes it a bit tiresome. Playing is more fluently without too many HOs.

Nevertheless a very good game, worth the CE price.

Blam! has become one of the leading developers influencing my decisions to buy or not - escpecially CEs.

I played the first Keepers, Black widow and Fierce... and all of them were convincingly good and I am looking forward to the next games!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 11:21 PM
twinsoniclab
Thank you for
We'll analize your comments about suggestions and take them in our mind in our future games.

joyce2121
We reworking our site as soon as possible! Sorry for this!

letsdoit
Thanky you and have fun!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 11:25 PM
Imberis
Thank you! We'll working on the puzzle difficulty in our new games.

yolanded
Thank you for your opinion!

biscuitsmama
Thank you! About journal - we'll try to implement this in our future games.

Go to: