Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by cbutter1 on Mar 21, 13 1:24 AM
When I got to level 37, the tool shed that is supposed to be on the golf course is not there. What is with this. I know it is supposed to be there because I went to youtube to see the walkthrough for this level.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 21, 13 2:06 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that quite a few of you are experiencing issues with the floating cursor and the game slowing down.

If you haven't tried it yet I would recommend to check that all your drivers and software are up to date with the steps you can find here.

If you experience problems with a certain level only, it could already help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game as this will get all files back in place. As many games save the progress in a separated location you should not lose your progress when reinstalling the game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Mar 21, 13 6:05 AM
I have the game installed at home and work, and in both locations, Level 26 doesn't allow the worker to go to the top left.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled; everything has been updated, so it has to be a problem in the program. I really like this game, but this is frustrating to pay for a game and I can't finish it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 21, 13 7:26 AM
Hi ivillagegrinch,

What a shame!

As you have already reinstalled and checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can offer via the Forums, and hopefully get to the bottom of this for you.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 21, 13 8:01 AM
On level 26 make sure you are sending your workers to the path to the left of the dock. they will not go to the path on the dock first. You have to clear it from the left all the way around until you reach the dock. Then upgrade the dock.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Mar 21, 13 8:06 AM
thanks for the seed bag info I am off to try chasing crows again thanks

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 21, 13 9:31 AM
My cursor has started to go really floaty on Chapter 13 - I will carry on to see what happens as I have bought this game, but it is a great shame that the developers did not sort this out before releasing it.I do not think it is a PC problem.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 21, 13 9:48 AM
Hey there goeash,

A floaty cursor while playing a game can be quite annoying. Thanks for letting us know about this!

It may certainly be a glitch with the game, but there are a few steps that may help to get the game and that cursor working properly. Checking for any updates for the video card driver often solves those pesky cursor issues.

If it still continues to be an issue please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you one-on-one on some additional steps to get that working properly.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by sccaliente on Mar 21, 13 12:00 PM
When i get to level 46 there is no watering shed so I can't water my plants, it is just a bunch of trash bags in the upper right hand corner.
I can't finish the level that means.
Help!

haolegirll
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by haolegirll on Mar 21, 13 3:07 PM
Honestly, the complaints from BF consumers are thick and fast on this game. I believe that it is incombent upon Big Fish to fix this game so that it works appropriately. To tell all these consumers that the issues lie within their computers rather than the game is bogus. If you go to other game web sites, such as Gamehoue, you will see that the complaints about freezing, stuttering, and mouse skipping or lagging are legion. Having spent the money, I really expect Big Fish Games to deliver a working product. It's not as if a working product should cost more. Please prepare an updated fixed right away. If not, please explain to ALL the people who bought this game why not.

Normally, I;m not as hot under the collar, but your answers to technical problems on this issue is to keep telling PAID CONSUMERS that they need to update drivers and uninstall/reinstall games. Many of them, myself included, have done this multiple times and the game still doesn't work in an acceptable fashion.

MildewWolf
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by MildewWolf on Mar 21, 13 4:28 PM
I've found that playing the game in short bursts helps somewhat with lag and cursor float. I play a few levels, exit the game, play a few more, exit again etc. I replayed level 29 with this method and managed to just squeak the gold time with virtually no lag. So somehow the game isn't flushing its memory (or whatever the technical term is) and will probably eat as much RAM as you can give it.

I've also had a few glitches like disappearing watering men and workers who refuse to come out and do a task and you can't right click the task to cancel and re-assign it. You end up stalled and unable to finish the level. Still enjoying the game though, despite its flaws.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Mar 21, 13 4:46 PM
Wow, seems like this game was not tested by BF. Same here level 26, hunter keeps shooting on the little island, also got stuck at the gates level where you have to open all the gates to get to the chest.
I really like this game but this is ridiculous, and NO it's not my computer. It's fairly new and has everything I need to play games, graphics card etc.......
We need a fix.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 21, 13 9:48 PM
govols2 wrote:On level 26 make sure you are sending your workers to the path to the left of the dock. they will not go to the path on the dock first. You have to clear it from the left all the way around until you reach the dock. Then upgrade the dock.

Okay, don't I feel really stupid now. I went back and tried to access the island in the upper lefthand corner using the furtherest path to the left instead of the path by the dock and it worked. I would never have thought to use the other path as it doesn't logically make sense that you could access the island by any other path but the dock, however, it works. Thank you govols2! Now I need to amend the ticket I sent into BF.

aisfuh
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by aisfuh on Mar 21, 13 11:07 PM
I am also having problems with the cursor it is slow and floats. I feel that it is the programers fault and not the computers. Dr Felix did not work for me in the past,or when a solution is given on how to fix it it is either too difficult to follow or it does not work. Can't there be a easier solution to fix these problems???

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 22, 13 2:43 AM
I am trying to understand why BF keeps telling us to update cards, send in reports on and on like the problem lies with everyone's computer. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GAME!. Take it off the site and have the developer rework it and fix it!! Stop telling everyone to download all this extra stuff that still isn't fixing the game!

Just my 2 cents!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 22, 13 3:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

I can definitely understand how running into these technical issues can be frustrating!

If the suggestions we've given above aren't getting things straightened out for you, please help us get these problems resolved by contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

puck63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by puck63 on Mar 22, 13 12:22 PM
I just bought this game, but it won't run on my computer. Never had this problem before. It won't start up, I just get a flashing screen. Can somebody help me?

Thanks, Sandra

[Post New]by KITABELIA on Mar 22, 13 2:25 PM
nekosteph wrote:Would love the game but the cursor floats making it very frustrating and at times impossible to get gold on some levels. I like quick click on a task and the floating cursor prevents that.

I have uninstalled and re-installed. The problem is still there.

I have the same problem with cursor and game lagging, sooooo very frustrating as it would be a great game. I can see by this forum that there are many tech issues with this game so why doesn't BF DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Telling us to submit this and submit that is unfair, the game is the problem not the Fishies!!! Please BF speak to the developer as I think I've been "cheated" and I'm not at all happy!! I've used my Game Credit and can't play the game, not fair!!!!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 22, 13 2:30 PM
Hi Sandra and KITABELIA,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that you're running into those problems. Gameplay issues like those can often times be caused by programs or drivers that the game relies on. If those are out of date, the game may have a hard time running normally. Our help article here goes over some tips to get that working if you'd like to take a look:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can take a closer look at that for you.

Hopefully they'll have you back to gaming in no time!

bfgSeine

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Mar 22, 13 3:34 PM
However, having followed this game's "issues" on another game site it would appear that the problems that so many of us are having with severe lag and floating cursors is down to the game's programming. Someone suggested memory allocation as a possible culprit - I'm inclined to agree. It's admirable of the BFG support staff to keep suggesting solutions for us, but if they could just tell the higher-ups that we want a new game build or a refund that would be more helpful for all concerned.

This is definitely a software issue, and not a problem with individual user's computer systems.

It is VERY frustrating to see these cutesy "golly we're sorry to hear about your problem, please update your drivers" moderator responses when what really needs to happen here is the game is pulled until the problem is fixed.

Keep in mind that only people who purchase the game will have problems, as the first "fix" by the developers made it work fine up to about level 24 or 25. So, if BFG has people testing the game, unless they invest 4 or 5 hours in the process, they'll not get to a point where there are problems.

But take the word of MANY frustrated customers, it is a problem with the game, it occurs with most computer systems and configurations, and it is not alleviated by updating drivers or re-installing Flash!

Go to: