sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Red Crow Mysteries: Legion group play starting April 20th. All welcome to join!

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 21, 13 12:52 PM
I just started the third part and I could use some help on finding one of discs that go into the cemetary gate. So far I found

1 in the bird's nest
1 under a rock
1 on the path

Thanks

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Red Crow Mysteries: Legion group play starting April 20th. All welcome to join!

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 21, 13 1:47 PM
sunshine...Took me forever to find that fourth one *** on top of the statue on the left side of the gate. ***

luvtoread...Re the dragon *** combine the cloth with chair leg and then the petro. Then go back to the fireplace to light your torch. ***

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 13 3:08 PM
Hi luvtoread, the cherub/angel is by the three paint buckets, up the circular staircase
I only noticed because I just played "Where Angels Cry" a couple of days ago

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 21, 13 3:14 PM
Thanks marianne I searched all over and wasn't able to find it, even when I left and came back. So happy now that I can continue on.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Apr 22, 13 2:39 AM
Hi Everyone! Just starting part 3. Hope we are done with button/light sequence puzzles. I usually solve them by making a chart of the sequences, but, I swear, the green button one changed logic just as I nearly completed it! It suddenly became easy and nearly solved itself. I call that the "mercy logorithm" Some of the early ND had puzzles that would solve if you tried at least 10 times.

Too bad the sequence puzzles don't reset if you back away. Surprisingly the jigsaw puzzles will. I'm having trouble rotating the puzzle pieces. Wonder if the problem is my mouse?

You are all making great progress. It's sleepytime in Seattle. Time to dream about green buttons!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Apr 22, 13 4:36 AM
I finished! Wow that was short and easy but very enjoyable! And rather a strange and dissapointing ending And I missed 2 freaking roses! Otherwise i would have gotten all awards! I hate those collectibles, I always miss some!

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 7:40:30 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 22, 13 10:05 AM
Congrats Fiona, luvtoread and CfG!

Sorry for the radio silence guys, I got tangled up in some other stuff yesterday. I'm still to start playing this

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 22, 13 10:42 AM
I just started again too.
I am stuck on the main door in the cemetery lock, I click to add the red/blue disks, they add to the center rotator, I click again to get them to the other side then nothing. I cant get them out; I'm going to give it a few more tries, and think I might have to use the solve button.

The Jigsaw puzzle with the crosses was a real stinker for me.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 22, 13 11:31 AM
I am finished and was able to find all of the 21 roses. I was at 20 and l searched the cemetery section with a fine tooth comb hoping it was in this part and not in the previous parts where I could no longer go. Fortunately it was - spoiler: On the wall behind Grandpa's tomb next to the cross.

Congrats also to fiona - luvtoread - CfG for finishing

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 22, 13 11:54 AM
A BIG CONGRATS LUVTOREAD, FIONA AND CFG

I finished yesterday morning.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 22, 13 12:19 PM
Anyone still alive out there?
I am in front of the crypt, I have the dragon on the stand, placed the "D3" smoke is coming out of the dragon's mouth.
In my inventory I have: shirt, petroleum, nails, flint, and a broken chair leg.
I've tried combining things to use with the dragon's steam/smoke breath, but nothing will combine.
Any hints?

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Apr 22, 13 1:33 PM
Congrats all finishers!

@sunshinej YAY on getting all roses! Although I do envy you

@mcquigan you defintely have all the items you need I can't remember the exact order but I think it was * combining the shirt with the petroleum, then combining it with the chair leg and after that using the flint on it * Hope I remembered right

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 22, 13 2:05 PM
Hi Catfish, didn't work.
I'm wondering if it is a glitch, and that after repairing the stairs the nails should have disappeared, some of them were used, but not all, that's why I still have them in my inventory.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 22, 13 2:15 PM
GOOD NEWS

I was curious about if there would be a next Red Crow
mystery, considering the ending of this one, so I went to
their site and posted a question on the site and on FB.
I received a reply "Yes, there will be sequels. The next
one is currently in development, will be released this year
".

CFG: re: your answer to mcquigan is almost right ***combine
old shirt with chair leg then petroleum, then flint.

mcquigan--I know all of***my nails were gone, but that should not
affect the cemetery part

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 2:18:17 PM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 22, 13 3:30 PM
Hooray! Thanks to all and luvtoread for the correct combination!
And yes, I still have the nails , missed two roses.
By the way, I really enjoyed this 'group" LFA play, and hope I don't miss the next announcement!

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 4:42:16 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 22, 13 8:11 PM
Congrats marianne!

Okay so I started playing this tonight and have now reached chapter 3 :yay: ....
All was going so well until ** my torch ran out of power. ** No worries I thought I will just **make one I have the scotch and a cloth. ** so I did that and then realised I didn't have ** anything to light it with! ** I hunted high and low looking everywhere to find it. I ended up giving up and looking at a walkthrough (something I hate to do but I was tearing my hair out by this point. Anyway, so I look at the walkthrough and lo and behold ** the lighter is only in the freaking place I CAN'T LOOK BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND I HAVE NO LIGHT! Arghhhhh **

So that was my evening wasted unless someone has an idea, my game has come to an end and I will have to restart it coincedently whilst I was looking at said walkthrough I discovered I had found all the roses up to that point too - bet I can't repeat that on the restart!

Well it's 4am and I am tired and rather annoyed right now, so off to bed for me!

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 8:11:49 PM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 22, 13 8:52 PM
I feel for you
I already just vaguely remember that happening so am of no use to you at all.
Maybe someone with better functioning brain cells than I can contribute.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Apr 23, 13 1:20 AM
Popla, I think your jammin' Kitty ran off with the ** lighter! ** Since there is no clicking penalty, I would try clicking all over the dark scene.

Finished! ** Is that it? What an unsatisfying ending!**

When I got to the ** tomb, I still had my scotch bottle torch burning in my inventory. Why then did I need to make an other one out of petroleum and a chair leg? Hmmm...maybe using the scotch bottle meant getting too close to the dragon? **

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 23, 13 2:42 AM
popla...you will probably figure it out once you get some
sleep. I remember that does happen...it is not a glitch.
All I remember doing....**is, I think, putting it back in my
inventory and taking it out again...kind of like giving it
a good shake?? All I know is it began to work for me again

so, its not a glitch...you should not have to restart.

Aquatic...you **made a scotch bottle torch??? How? It
wouldn't let me do that
** I find it interesting that we can all
play the same game and come up with different results at times.

Time to go to work.

constantfire
Shark
Shark
12,978 Posts

[Post New]by constantfire on Apr 23, 13 4:37 AM
Hi Popla and everyone! I am going to start playing now. I am sure I will be back asking questions!

Go to: