kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 27, 13 8:13 PM
coffee & grand lattte did not give energy. i assume they're supposed to, as they did in the first game?

btw, the coffee machine gets hidden under groceries, where it can barely be seen

Flinfeet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Flinfeet on Apr 28, 13 12:24 PM
I am having issues with the game. I can move my guy around but he doesn't do anything. I updated my video card, but still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Apr 28, 13 4:38 PM
Running Windows 7 - all glitch with the mouse. Found out if I don't full screen I'm better off, but have lock up probs when I switch from one family to another (sometimes.....). If there were consistency to my problems I would tell you what they are, it's random and extremely annoying.

ETA after last glitch I had to just use X to close app. This time, one of my families lost all of their money. Looking at prices and how slow the game moves, along with some info about "buying coins," was this supposed to be a game that we pay even more for?

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 5:06:26 PM PST

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

interesting guitar glitch

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 29, 13 3:49 AM
family #1 bought a guitar. family #2 now has an invisible guitar as well, even tho they didn't buy one. their invisible guitar is in the same spot as family #1's real guitar. family #2 can go play it if they want to on their own, & i get a message in their action bar this is happening. a sound effect plays when they do this, altho it stays invisible.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 29, 13 4:22 AM
My Flea market is broken & has been for days. Yesterday I bought everything in it thinking that may trigger something but it hasn't & my FM is still empty.
I just uninstalled the game then re installed it but its the same.
I have 3 different famiiies/games but the other 2 are fine

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by exdir on Apr 29, 13 6:01 PM
kore21...I have the same situation except with the drum. LOL

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 3:22 AM
Hi Fishies!

Flinfeet - as you have already tried the suggestions offered for these issues, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

Trixietrx - it seems to me that in another version of the game, that coins could have been purchased however in this version, coins are earned and there is no option to purchase.

With reference to the locking issues, Have you tried updated your drivers already? If not, this may be a good thing to try as sometimes a few simple updates can make all the difference.

For issue with 'invisible' items, my best suggestion would be to select the item and drag it outside the fence to sell. After repurchasing, the item should place itself correctly.

dogzy - As you have already tried reinstalling the game, my best suggestion would be to creating a new player profile, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, or for anyone else that needs more help with their issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on and offer some more specific advice.

Hoping this helps a bit,

bfgBaikal

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 30, 13 4:48 PM
dogzy wrote:My Flea market is broken & has been for days. Yesterday I bought everything in it thinking that may trigger something but it hasn't & my FM is still empty.
I just uninstalled the game then re installed it but its the same.
I have 3 different famiiies/games but the other 2 are fine

last night my flea market came back yay. took about 4 days

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 30, 13 4:56 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

Flinfeet - as you have already tried the suggestions offered for these issues, please don't hesitate to contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

Trixietrx - it seems to me that in another version of the game, that coins could have been purchased however in this version, coins are earned and there is no option to purchase.

With reference to the locking issues, Have you tried <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">updated your drivers</a> already? If not, this may be a good thing to try as sometimes a few simple updates can make all the difference.

For issue with 'invisible' items, my best suggestion would be to select the item and drag it outside the fence to sell. After repurchasing, the item should place itself correctly.

dogzy - As you have already tried reinstalling the game, my best suggestion would be to creating a new player profile, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, or for anyone else that needs more help with their issue, please get in touch with our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a> so we can investigate what is going on and offer some more specific advice.

Hoping this helps a bit,

bfgBaikal

thank, it came back last night.
I have 2 other families going besides my main one that I was having problems with.
I think I found out what happened when I caught my young son changing the date & time on my computer!!! He was doing it to jump ahead to increase money.
I thought something was going on after I started my new ones & saw rooms etc locked ....read her about things being locked & knew all the rooms,furniture etc Unlocked on my main family.
So a warning to others......while you can jump ahead & earn squillions on iphone & ipad........You can't on the pc version + it will cause all sorts of problems in your game.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Apr 30, 13 7:35 PM
issue, I cannot get my peeps to clean the second bathroom there seems to be a glitch, they will pick it up and suddenly have another thought, you cannot redirect them to re pick it up and try again they just will have another thought and drop it. I have two pieces of garbage that no one can pick up as the minute they do, they have a new idea and drop it, no other place in the house will they have an issue in picking up garbage and staying on track. I have tried multiple times and multiple peeps, no go no matter what I do. it is the length of the wall of the second bathroom and the boys bedroom *the one with the blue walls with balloons*

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on May 1, 13 7:35 PM
autumn_leaf wrote:issue, I cannot get my peeps to clean the second bathroom there seems to be a glitch, they will pick it up and suddenly have another thought, you cannot redirect them to re pick it up and try again they just will have another thought and drop it. I have two pieces of garbage that no one can pick up as the minute they do, they have a new idea and drop it, no other place in the house will they have an issue in picking up garbage and staying on track. I have tried multiple times and multiple peeps, no go no matter what I do. it is the length of the wall of the second bathroom and the boys bedroom *the one with the blue walls with balloons*

do they clean the bathroom?? how i that done. is it just papers & sox or is it general cleaning?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 2, 13 2:11 AM
Heya autumn_leaf,

That sure sounds a bit odd, the second bathroom needs the trash to be picked up too!

As it might be that some of the files for the game are out of place I would recommend that you try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if that will help your little people to be a bit more clean!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

object placement problem/ bleedover

[Post New]by kore21 on May 2, 13 6:04 AM
ppl are having trouble placing or replacing objects & furniture. there appears to be bleed over from other families' objects. the peeps seem to think objects in other families exist in theirs, even tho they don't. like playing a guitar they don't have, but another family does, or putting magazines on an invisible bookshelf they don't have either. the place where they use these these invisible objects are exactly where they exist in the other family's house. so it seems to reason that other objects like couches bleed over as well, & we can't place the furniture cause the game thinks other furniture is there, even tho it really belongs to another family.

very buggy game, in many ways. i hope some of the problems are addressed in the update.

the AI really needs some work as well. example, mom spends 10 minutes preparing a meal. when she's finished, does she sit down to eat? no, she starts "heating up some food." this is very easily fixed by using some kind of global variable, such as, "if global.food served == 1, eat, else prepare food. rarely do they go to the table when there's food sitting on it.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

time warp happened on its own

[Post New]by kore21 on May 2, 13 6:59 AM
i had just cured a peep with anti-histamine when all of a sudden day changed to night for a brief moment. daylight returned & my peeps were given promotions. this surprised me because the wife was new & had barely any work experience. i clicked on her & saw she had aged, so had he. money was also deducted as it would be if you pay for the time warp.

PreGab12
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by PreGab12 on May 2, 13 7:47 AM
What goes wrong? My family does not get older, and the woman does not release the baby. I have uninstalled and installed the game twice and it's still the same. What to do?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 3:32 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable to offer via the Forums and I assure you, that if we have any info on an update for this game, we will announce that here as well.

Hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 3, 13 6:42 AM
autumn_leaf wrote:issue, I cannot get my peeps to clean the second bathroom there seems to be a glitch, they will pick it up and suddenly have another thought, you cannot redirect them to re pick it up and try again they just will have another thought and drop it. I have two pieces of garbage that no one can pick up as the minute they do, they have a new idea and drop it, no other place in the house will they have an issue in picking up garbage and staying on track. I have tried multiple times and multiple peeps, no go no matter what I do. it is the length of the wall of the second bathroom and the boys bedroom *the one with the blue walls with balloons*

I have this problem too - although it's socks and wrappers both in the second bathroom, the room adjacent to it, the hallway and the stairs to all of them. I hired a maid hoping it would help...but it didn't. They now just live in squalor (although they can clean dirt spots).

Also my flea market has stopped...as has my furniture sale option.

And all three of my families go to hug the giant teddy bear - although only one family actually owns a teddy bear. This amuses me!

Still the buggy mouse only affects certain generations and families and so is bearable...

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on May 3, 13 2:17 PM
I just had a guy prepare a meal and nothing showed up on the table.

Yeah, I get item bleed over, too.

And I hate that I forget which family has done what, and who can collect what and so on, and really, I shoulda known from the 1st game this would be like this, but no, I had to go and subject myself to it again, only this time with more tech probs.

IMO, I enjoyed the first version better. IIRC, more collectibles, not as dull waiting for people to die.

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on May 5, 13 12:52 PM
My mom has been carrying the baby for two weeks. Is this normal? I can't do anything to get her working again!!! Ahhh. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

[Post New]by outcastempress on May 5, 13 4:08 PM
my famliy has died and the kids went to school now i have no one running the house what do i do no money is being made i have only 900 left cant buy anything !!!!!
please help

Go to: