Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Apr 25, 13 11:37 AM
Me too Mart1n0940! Started 8:30am UK, and finished 19:30. Wow, a full 11 hours----loooongest download eeeeeever!! I just hope it plays ok now )

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Apr 25, 13 11:38 AM
Well, I'm glad it's not just me. I started at about 14.30 BST and it is finally ready to play five hours later. Certainly not my connection which is fibre optic and running at 58 Mbps, so I thought it might be my rather elderly pc and, when the download had crept up to 75%, decided I'd see if things were any better on my partner's newer, faster machine. Very odd - it raced up to exactly the same point and then went into arthritic snail in treacle mode in the same way. Bizarre.
So here I go, five hours frustration and one hour of what I hope will be fun. Bit like life really.
Incidentally, I now notice that everyone in the UK who had problems finally got their download completed at around the same time, whenever they started. Curiouser and curiouser. Send for C. August Dupin

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 12:57:00 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by marg6043 on Apr 25, 13 12:00 PM
This the first time in all my years here in BF that a game is taking so long to download, lo and behold, everything goes fine until is time for the final installation it goes to 100% and just stop there, when I close the game manager it just disappear after re starting the Manager.

What in the heck is going on.

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 12:17:03 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 25, 13 12:06 PM
Purchased after 2 minutes of demo play.... love the Edgar Allan Poe series of games. This is another one to add to my collection. The story, animations, puzzles, graphics and cut scenes are beautiful, as usual with all ERS games. Took 1 hr. and 20 minutes for the complete download (total for the demo download and after purchase installation), and I do not have the fastest internet speed, or new computer. Still long, but not as long as others are suffering through. Just wondering if others are having such long download times, due to peak internet congestion traffic, or many downloading this game at the same time? I really have no idea, but I must have lucked out, because mine downloaded fairly fast. Well, hope others get it without trouble, because it is a great game. Good luck.

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 1:37:29 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by marg6043 on Apr 25, 13 12:16 PM
nomatt wrote:8 hours and just got to 100%, saving file now stuck, will not move on. I'm going to delete and abandon yet another game. I do find the suggestion that we fill in the support Dr felix thing because, tech support do not see these forums' a bit odd. BF support techs do not visit the tech issues thread? Maybe they should.
UK, windows xp pro sp3.

Same problem and I am in the US, funny this never happen to me before, I decided to install another game and is doing the same, so this is the game manager problem no our computers.

It also has nothing to do with the firewall or users acount because I just installed a game yesterday with not problem.

The manager needs an upgrade.

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 12:17:56 PM PST

MY ESCAPE FROM REALITY IS FLAWED....UUUUURRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!

[Post New]by HAWKSRFLYN on Apr 25, 13 12:54 PM
The cursor moves very slowly and very jerky. The screen is all white in the background and the graphics appear all over the screen in the wrong places. Nothing works correctly even when I choose full screen or wide screen or custom cursor or not. This is the 3rd game in a month that I cannot load much less purchase to play. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my membership and moving on to something else. It's so frustrating to see the quality of BF games drop so low. I've been a member for a few years and the games used to work beautifully every time and I could count on a fun few hours with no game problems. Now, I cannot get games from my favorite developers to work right, for example:GRIM FACADE: COST OF JEALOUSY CE AND REDEMPTION CEMETERY ALVATION OF THE LOST CE have the same problems as this game. By the way, my computers are both updated and working at their peak performance, it is not my computer's problem, THIS IS A BIG FISH PROBLEM AND I ASK YOU TO PLEASE FIX YOUR QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT AND STOP LETTING THESE GAMES SLIP THROUGH WHEN THEY ARE NOT READY TO BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC! OK- I'VE SAID MY PIECE, back to the real world to where I expect to have problems....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 25, 13 1:09 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are running into issues with the game downloading in a timely fashion. We definitely want to get to the bottom of that for you, so I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team, who may be able to provide more specific information regarding that issue.

If you're seeing problems with the graphics or slow gameplay, updating your game related drivers and software programs may help. Our help article here goes over doing that in more detail:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to run into problems, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 25, 13 1:14 PM
There is a God!! The 7th time.....SUCCES!! Downloaded and installed under 5 min. yeah!! Actually this is ridiculous and the problem definitely resides at BF's end (no pun intended). Why can't you do the same thing as S***M (won't name the site, but that's exactly what's been coming out of my ears the whole day!! ) They rent extra servers when they issue a long expected game. The game will probably take me on average about 3-4 hours to finish...HALF it's downloading time!! Ever since Streaming games came on, there have been problems with downloading, instead of answering each time the same thing, why don't you - finally - look into this problem, YOUR problem, not the customer's. I've been a Game Club member (paying member thus!) for many many years, but the excitement of playing a good game fades totally away when encountering stupid downloading problems....Get a grip BF!!

[Post New]by tickledpinkfish on Apr 25, 13 1:43 PM
When playing the demo I found that in the study where the awards/achievements are placed, there seems to be a graphic problem. When I click on the award I only see a large white square with some words of explanation, I had assumed there would be some kind of picture there eg a picture of a trophy or a cup! Not only is there no picture, but the words seem to be missing a few letters! All the s and z characters appear to be missing in the explanation, but not in the title!

I would uninstall, download and re-install, but as this game took all day to download, I can't be bothered! A pity really, as I usually buy this developers games!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 25, 13 2:00 PM
I didn't have any trouble with downloading or installing the game. However, it seems the "hint" isn't working. I have clicked on it several times and nothing happens. Is it a glitch in the game?

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Apr 25, 13 2:04 PM
Well this interesting, I found the game installed in my computer when I searched the installed programs but is not showing in the manager, so when click on the game in the installed programs it tells me that is running.

This is very weird. . .

So I stop all the processed that have to do with the manager as I found the game also running at least three times, and un installed the game from the control panel, restarted my computer and now I am installing the game again and see what happen,

Well I am very happy to say that it took no time to install this time and is running fine

Hurrayyyyyy

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 25, 13 2:26 PM
tickledpinkfish wrote:When playing the demo I found that in the study where the awards/achievements are placed, there seems to be a graphic problem. When I click on the award I only see a large white square with some words of explanation, I had assumed there would be some kind of picture there eg a picture of a trophy or a cup! Not only is there no picture, but the words seem to be missing a few letters! All the s and z characters appear to be missing in the explanation, but not in the title!

I would uninstall, download and re-install, but as this game took all day to download, I can't be bothered! A pity really, as I usually buy this developers games!

Hi tickledpinkfish,

With the kind of display issue you describe, it might help to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't take care of those white squares, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to take a closer look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 25, 13 2:28 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I didn't have any trouble with downloading or installing the game. However, it seems the "hint" isn't working. I have clicked on it several times and nothing happens. Is it a glitch in the game?

Hi Itsupikachu,

It does sound like it might be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what's going on with that hint button.

Please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and attach it to your message on the Contact Us page. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Apr 25, 13 2:39 PM
I don't know if anyone else is getting an Error Access Violation code, but I have one when I try to start the game. Here is what I get.

Error Access violation (tried to read from OxFFFFFFFFFF) program terminated.

This is getting a little old, twice I have had issues with CE games playing on Windows 8. Please help me fix this I really don't want to play these games on my laptop. Help please.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 25, 13 2:40 PM
Give me a break people, all those problems in this thread shouldn't be ocurring... meaning we aren't professional gamers nor are the games that high tech (I mean I see some of the games my son(makes levels himself! the real 'nerd') is playing...wow, a whole different level and he's got no trouble whatsoever downloading and before BF says anything my PC is a "gamer" PC (with all the trimmings), it's actually "overkill" for me, being a casual gamer....I find these issues very customer UNfriendly and the answers, however friendly put, meaningless. To me it looks like someone is answering reading out loud/typing from a page with preset questions/answers..... I'm really angry and the fact that after a WHOLE day I succeeded in downloading and installing a casual game (kudos to me!) isn't helping...I just don't understand

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Apr 25, 13 2:44 PM
Totally agree with je-peche!! Best customer service.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 25, 13 2:45 PM
BFG i do not want to run you down but why has every one with a d/l problem have to contact dr felix and tech?
so many fishies have done it and all reports back do not solve the download problem
since you changed your format problems for us fishies have been the biggest head ache out
please please stop doing this tech support and dr felix IT IS NOT SORTING THIS PROBLEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
somebody at BFG must check there server capacity so we can d/l games like we used to
someone said "download takes longer than to play the game" I agree
BFG STOP telling us to send reports -we have - and still no explanation for slow d/l
Its up to you to look at your side and your servers - NOT US

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 25, 13 3:02 PM
download !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is that about- finally got it after 4 hours and i had to pay for a CE - me thinks if CE does'nt load under 3 hrs we should get a game credit ?
never have d/l probs on any other site - just this one - since they changed there format - not so Big FISH -but minnows - sorry

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 25, 13 4:06 PM
BFG stop posting the same old stuff to us about tech support and dr felix
we have all done this and it does not solve the problem of download issues - stop telling us to check - check yourselves- PLEASE we are all getting sick and tired of being fobbed off
your duty to deliver - so start doing it !
rant over

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 25, 13 4:31 PM
Hi Fishies,

I know it's extremely frustrating when a game isn't downloading, or a download is taking longer than normal. We never like hearing that because we want you to have fun playing games (after all, that's what they're for!). Because our Tech Support Team is set up better to look into issues and track what specific hardware is being used when the issues occur, we recommend getting in touch with them. I know some Fishies are experiencing these problems with multiple games, and I can assure you that we are looking into this.

The reason we recommend contacting our Tech Support Team is twofold. Not only does it allow us to gather more detailed information about the issue, but it also may allow our team to discover a reason why that's happening and offer troubleshooting advice. A lot of work goes in to discovering what is causing a specific issue and then working toward correcting it. Because there are a number of different software and hardware configurations out there, we want to gather as much information as possible so we can get a fix out for you and do it right the first time.

I hope that we can resolve any download issues you might be having quickly!

bfgSeine

Go to: