bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 28, 13 1:41 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that so many of you are experiencing problems with the game in one way or another.

If you are experiencing problems because the the bird at the pyramid stole one of your bees or because the lever won't attach to the wall, it could be that some of the files for your game aren't working properly. A quick uninstall and reinstall of your game could already solve this problem for you as it will make sure that everything is in it's right place.

ediegamer - That definitely is frustrating! It might be that your computer is having some problems with the larger full version of the game. This can happen if some of the drivers on your computer could do with an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

blueunicorn240 - Welcome to the Pond! It sometimes can be difficult to determine what exactly is causing an access violation to appear. However, you can find some steps that could help you take care of it here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on Apr 28, 13 7:09 AM
I'm having the same problem as several others here have posted, I cannot get the lever in the tunnel, It simply will not come out. The strategy guide shows that you just remove it and I've tried everything. It simply will not come out. The hint doesn't help and I'm now stuck on this game and can't play it any more. Is this a technical issue or is there something that we didn't do somewhere else? Several others have posted that they are also stuck here so please address this issue. I paid for the CE here and now can't play it. Very frustrating.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 28, 13 10:52 AM
There should be a separate thread for download issues as there seems to be more and more download times complaints lately.

People who are having actual technical problems are having to scroll through pages of download issues. Just a suggestion.

[Post New]by roan1112 on Apr 28, 13 10:52 AM
AAAAAHHHH! Can't get the lever, bird doesn't come back.
Uninstalled and reinstalled as I saw suggested, TWICE.....did the game manager as well just incase.......well can you guess from the AAAAAAAAHHHH! yea not working still.
This game is great, but not if it doesn't play.

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Apr 28, 13 2:39 PM
roan1112 wrote:AAAAAHHHH! Can't get the lever, bird doesn't come back.
Uninstalled and reinstalled as I saw suggested, TWICE.....did the game manager as well just incase.......well can you guess from the AAAAAAAAHHHH! yea not working still.
This game is great, but not if it doesn't play.

Really upsetting I've spent ages on trying reinstalling and still can't get the lever and no bird to give seed to for gold bee. What a disappointment. I'll wait a day & see if BFG make any more comments or bug fixes.

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on Apr 28, 13 3:39 PM
There is a whole thread on this issue, entitled Chapter 5 The Tunnel, but still no fix. We're all very frustrated. Has anyone reported this directly?

hotsec50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hotsec50 on Apr 29, 13 2:41 AM
I've been playing the game and enjoying it when all of a sudden my hint button won't work. I tried settings and changed the cursor - still can't use the hint button. I quit the game and came back later and still can't use the hint. I want to finish but I need my hint button. I'm using a 2 yr old PC and Google Chrome for my browser and I've never had any issues like this before. Is it just me?

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 29, 13 3:50 AM
Well I've got this big, square red box in the upper left corner that takes up most of my monitor. You can see the game through it but the color is way off.

[Post New]by marthajack on Apr 29, 13 8:11 AM
hello all,
this is more of an info message than any thing else. i use a wacom tablet and pen . it works for most games. and a very few not at all. this game is in between. the pen moves the cursor but there seems to be no way to click on anything. i am sure that it is the pen and tablet and this computer together that are the problem.

if anyone else is using a pen and tablet and this game is working for them could you give me a reply.

also the jerky movements and slow cursor have meant that my video card was not up to the task for the game. annoying but true. usually happens to me when the machine is approaching three years old.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 29, 13 8:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim by and let you know that we're looking into the issue that some of you are experiencing with the lever in chapter 5, and we hope to have a fix for that soon!

marthajack, our Tech Support Team may be able to provide more information about the game while playing on a tablet like that. Hopefully they can get the game working well for you!

prchalpn, I'm sorry to hear that. If you haven't tried already, a quick update of drivers and programs might get rid of that issue. Our help article here has more info about that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

hotsec50, uninstalling and reinstalling the game might get the hint button working again for you. If you'd like to try that, you can check out our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If any of the recommendations above aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know. They can look into those issues a bit further for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Edited on 04/29/2013 at 8:53:31 AM PST

hotsec50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hotsec50 on Apr 29, 13 9:36 AM
If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose my progress?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 29, 13 10:42 AM
Hi hotsec50,

The reinstall process should not affect your game progress.

You can definitely check in with our Tech Support Team if you'd like them to go through the process with you just to be sure.

bfgMonongahela

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Apr 29, 13 11:02 AM
I started the puzzle on the door to the pyramid - making the parts of the face correct. I got the mouth, then switched to the eyes..then nothing. Nothing will move. I can't go on as the eyes and nose won't change. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same problem. I am able to move around other screens - and see the raven that keeps flying and landing on the left ledge. I'm stuck...and it's 1 1/2 days now. I'd appreciate help.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Apr 29, 13 12:57 PM
I have a problem with the window latch in the study, where you have to light the candle to see a clue on the paper? Well......I didn't look very long through the long list of problems with this game to see if one matches mine, so please let me know if there is anything that can be done to go on with this game as I am at a loss now as it is necessary to have that latch.

It was in an earlier scene and I was not able to go back and get it. So.......do I have to start over again? Has anyone else had this hapen to them in this game? I hate to start over as I am really far along and it took me quite some time to get here....to start over would really be a pain now. Although, that appears to be my only option.

Would appreciate any help so I can decide what my next step will be. Thank you in advance and will be checking back here for answers, or help of any kind.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 29, 13 4:34 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim by with some great news! We just released a new PC version of the game that should fix the problems some of you are encountering with the lever and feeding the bird in chapter 5. You can view more information about that update here.

So we can track any issues that might come up after this update, I'll be locking this thread. Please feel free to post any technical problems in the new dedicated issues thread here.

If you continue to run into problems with the game, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help as well.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Go to: