dubemi
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by dubemi on May 22, 13 7:52 PM
I'm in level 26,on PC, playing for over 8 days, and now I can't pick up any wool, eggs or milk from all my animals, neitheir give them water or food. I see a red X on the action I asked, and a small message '' there is no path there''

I also notice the wind mill and some of the fences are blinking in red at the same time.

I try moving around all my paddocks, still have the same problem can't pick up anything or enter in them.

I hope you could solve that issue

Edited on 05/22/2013 at 7:55:57 PM PST

[Post New]by JustMeMary on May 22, 13 9:22 PM
The game loads fine and I can buy gold, but I tried to use the snack bar to purchase gold and it went thrugh the long waiting period - then I clicked on the building and absolutely nothing happened (except for the fact that it took my silver coins. I tried three different levels (13K, 8.5K & 500) but never got any gold. After paying for additional coins, this feels like a rip off / forced to buy more gold. Any way to fix this?

[Post New]by jimoula on May 23, 13 2:19 AM
what is error code 4? i can't find it. i try to download the game and i can't.it goes 100% and then error code 4. i reinstall game manager but nothing. i don't know what to do.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 23, 13 6:32 AM
Heya Fishies, welcome to the Pond to our newcomers in the thread!

stormtreader - As it shows that you already have 4 active quests it could be that you first need to complete one of them before you can restart your quest .

kitty1 - Oh that sure sounds annoying! It could be that your computer is having some problem to process the game at that point. As it seems to have worked fine before uninstalling and reinstalling the game might solve the problem at this point as it will make sure that all files for the game are working properly.

dubemi - That sounds to me like some files on your game got corrupted as well since you had no problem to access these aread before. I recommend to try uninstalling and reinstalling as a first step as well to see if this will straighten out the problem.

JustMeMary - That somehow doesn't sound right as you should definitely be able to use your ingame items without a problem. It might be that uninstalling and reinstalling helps here as well, though as some broken files could block this from working as intended.

jimoula - The error code 4 is caused by ESET security blocking the installation of the game. It might help to set the Alternate Method of our Game Manager that you can find by clicking on Options and then choosing Advanced. If this doesn't work you could try to add our Game manager to the list of safe programs in your ESET security. You can find all the steps for that here.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by stormtreader on May 23, 13 9:17 AM
It let me have 5 to start with, then after the tax quest vanished it only let me have 4.
I currently only have 2 and it still hasnt come back :/

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 23, 13 10:18 AM
Hey stormtreader!

I'm not sure what you mean by only having 2 but if you go ahead and take a screenshot, one of our Reps from Customer Support will be able to take a closer look to see what is happening in the game!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

You can find instructions for creating that screenshot by clicking on the blue text below:

Screenshot

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

schnauzmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by schnauzmom on May 24, 13 1:28 PM
Have been playing Farm up for about a week now and this morning it was just fine. Now I just tried to sign on and it started at the beginning again. All my progress has disappeared. What is going on What do I do.

[Post New]by marigold12345 on May 24, 13 5:58 PM
Thanks for responding about the chicken issue, but I was nervous about uninstalling in case I lost all my progress. I decided to keep one chicken, one goose and one turkey anyway, in case I had any more quests to supply certain kinds of eggs. The ostriches are producing plenty in the other pen for income.

I have another problem, this time with the wool production achievements. I collected over 50 wool from my white sheep, but the count on the achievements screen was 0/10. I thought perhaps I should have started with brown sheep, so I sold a white one and bought a brown, and now I have a count of 5 wool. The white sheep are still producing since the brown one's wool registered on the counter, but aren't registering for my achievement. I was really counting on the wool achievements to earn more gold, so it looks like I will have to go backwards and sell my white sheep and buy brown, but not until I see what I need for the textiles factory once it is built.

Please could you pass this issue on to the developers for me? Thanks!

[Post New]by whywar_1 on May 24, 13 11:58 PM
Hi .. I am on Level 16,, I have had the sawmill built for 5 levels.. and no grandpa... I cant do anything else in the game as I need him to run the mill.. how do I get him? I have done ever single job that has come up!! help@@

[Post New]by marigold12345 on May 25, 13 5:21 AM
Scratch the theory about the sawmill then, sorry. I guess it's even more random than I thought. It took me a long time to get Grandma, who didn't appear until about level 20-something, so don't be discouraged, and keep playing. He will turn up eventually.

The grand-folks aren't really a ton of use anyway, actually, except that you need them both to fix up any animal pens before you are allowed to move them, her to clean, and him to mend the fences. It can also be convenient to have someone else to see to the animals while you are planting, or to saw logs. I got most of my building materials by picking up rocks and digging out stumps, and from completing collections, so unless you need to move your animal pens, you aren't really missing out.

Whatever you do, though, don't click on any school tasks for either of them before they arrive, or you will effectively halt any further learning for you and hubby until they are there to collect their diploma!

Chelkey
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Chelkey on May 25, 13 11:50 AM
Be wary of purchasing gold if you already have some. Yesterday I had 44 gold and I had taken a bunch of quests that required gold to grow the plants needed to make the juice/jam. So, I figured I have played the game for a week and have been having fun, I'll go ahead and donate to the devs. Well I purchased 250 gold and when I went back to the game instead of 294 gold, I had just 250 gold. By purchasing gold, it just replaced the amount I had with the amount I purchased instead of adding to it. Just figured I'd give a heads up in case someone else is about to do the same thing. I have an open ticket right now and I'm awaiting a solution to the problem.

[Post New]by joeybabe1 on May 25, 13 11:59 PM
Hi,

I am using a PC Windows 7 to play this game and everything has been going fantastic until I have noticed that it has been over two days now and non of the cities are requesting to purchase items. I don't want to uninstall the game as I have paid for coins and do not want to lose them. I am on level 29. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by Bowen7 on May 26, 13 4:55 PM
Hi all,
Just a couple of items that I noticed playing Farm up. I'm on level 16 so I have been playing a little while. Items found:
1) The school fields of study are switched for grandma and grandpa. When you have grandpa on your farm the school shows the talents for grandma. When you get grandma on the farm the talents for grandpa show up.
2) Grandpa's repair talent doesn't seem to do anything. I have the railroad to repair(the actual sign on the railroad says broken railroad) and grandpa can't repair it?
3) This one is the most annoying for me. I can't move my chicken or sheep pens. Yes I have tried about everything to get them to move. Cleaned them with grandma, sold all the livestock and even tried to sell the pens and no luck on anything. The message I get is clean the pen before you can move it or sell it.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the game to see if that worked for any of the above items and no luck. Thanks.

Active Farm Screen has changed size

[Post New]by CuteAccountant on May 26, 13 10:08 PM
Please disreguard. I have fixed my own problem. I found that if I roll my scroll wheel on my mouse it zooms in and out.

Hello,

PC on XP SP3. 1024x768 Highest 32bit.
First let me say I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated Adobe, Direct X and Java then uninstalled and reninstalled again after a reboot.

When I first started I could see about 1/4 of the farm on my screen at any one time. Without making any changes to my settings or downloading (I did not have internet access at the time this first happeded) my farm is now showing 3/4 in one shot. Now everything is to small and I can no longer click on stones and/tree stump to remove them if they are on the edges of the farm. The bottons to get to the map, store, move everything,... are still the same size as before only the farm has changed. Also the screens to get in to the farm look like they did before, again only the farm has shrunk.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sonja

Edited on 05/26/2013 at 10:39:08 PM PST

[Post New]by fbmurphy27 on May 27, 13 3:03 AM
am on level 26 and gotten to several cities but now i cant go to atlanta or des moies or some others there is no flag above them???? i have a pc.please help

[Post New]by marigold12345 on May 27, 13 8:14 AM
@dubemi - Grandma, (if you have her), is the one who tends the animals, so you need to make sure there is access through from where she hangs around to the gate of the animal enclosure. It is likely you have an enclosure or another building blocking her way, (or blocking your way if you haven't got Grandma yet and are still feeding them yourself.

I had a brief problem with the same thing after I moved my animal enclosures to a more convenient position. It seems she had put her chair down virtually inside the cannery and couldn't get out of it to get to the animals. After much frustration and messing around, she got up of her own accord and went to stand somewhere else, and then had no problem accessing the enclosures!

If you see fences or other buildings blinking in red when you get the 'no path' message, it means these are the items which may be blocking your access. When I've been blocked before, (apart from that one time above), I just played with the layout for a while until I found one which was acceptable to the game.

@Bowen7 - Grandpa's repair skill mends the broken fences in your animal pens. You need to do this as well as clean before you can move the pens. You have to click quite precisely over the broken fence panels to get the check mark to appear. If you hover over them, it says they are broken. The damage can be quite hard to see if you're zoomed out or playing on a small screen, but once you know what you're looking for it's easier.

Also, you should be able to access all the skills in the school by switching tabs; there are little icons with a Jennifer face, a husband face, etc, above the skills. Be careful not to select a skill to learn for a family member who has yet to turn up, as until they can come to collect their diploma, no-one else will be able to learn any new skills.

@Joeybabe - Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't take any of my gold. It was gold earned not bought, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Your game data is stored separately from the program, so uninstalls don't affect it. It did fix my problem with not getting map quests, too. Not immediately, but once I had completed a few more quests, the farm people stopped offering them for long enough to leave slots empty to get some from new locations.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 9:22:31 AM PST

[Post New]by marigold12345 on May 27, 13 8:17 AM
@JustMeMary - The snack bar doesn't give you gold, it gives you energy. When your meal has been cooked you'll see a red place-setting with a silver dish-cover floating over the snack bar. Any family member, including Jennifer, can go and get this for you when you click on the snack bar door. When it has been collected, you will see your energy increase by the number of energy points for that meal.

@FBMurphy27 - There is a thread about this under 'Confused about Map Quests'. Different locations are accessed by different transport methods, so when you have built the Rail Station, the River Station and the Bus Stop, you should have all map locations opened up. If you've built all three and this hasn't happened, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You won't lose any progress, items or money.

@Stormtreader - If you only have two or three quests from your farm folks, is it possible there are quests available from other locations that you haven't noticed? Click on the globe icon on the right-hand side and see if you have any open locations with people who want you to do things for them.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 9:15:09 AM PST

Still unable to sell last chicken!

[Post New]by marigold12345 on May 27, 13 9:38 AM
I eventually followed advice to reinstall the game after problems with not getting map quests, and with the daily bonus not working. These problems were both resolved, but my original problem of being unable to sell the chicken was not. Her 'sell' button is still greyed out. I don't mind keeping her really, but it would be nice if the game worked as intended. Something to pass on to the devs?

I'm using a laptop running Windows 7.

Thanks.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 10:04:33 AM PST

Games4good
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Games4good on May 27, 13 10:47 AM
JustMeMary wrote:The game loads fine and I can buy gold, but I tried to use the snack bar to purchase gold and it went thrugh the long waiting period - then I clicked on the building and absolutely nothing happened (except for the fact that it took my silver coins. I tried three different levels (13K, 8.5K & 500) but never got any gold. After paying for additional coins, this feels like a rip off / forced to buy more gold. Any way to fix this?

You cannot buy gold through the snack bar. The dishes from the snack bar cost silver, or gold for the last dish, to give you energy.

Games4good
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Games4good on May 27, 13 10:49 AM
I finally bought some gold yesterday to support the devs, though I still had some free gold left. With my luck, my laptop crashed today and no longer boots up. I'm attempting to have it fixed, but assuming the hard drive data can be salvaged, is there any way to recover the gold and/or saved game data to a new computer?

Thanks!

Go to: