Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by tanglewitch on May 30, 13 4:25 PM
The Art Hall is killing me! I updated my video card/drivers; updated flash player and shockwave; uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times; tried to play as administrator as tech support suggested; have sent tech support Dr. Felix report and still cannot play the game any further than the Art Hall. Why can't we get a fix on this?

KAY21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by KAY21 on May 30, 13 9:53 PM
LOTS of people are experiencing the freezing problem at the same spots in the game. I have done the uninstall/reinstall thing and can't recall when that ever did anything to help solve a problem with a game, I think it's just part of the busy work you have us Fishies do while you scratch your heads and scramble to contect the devs. I think you have to admit that it's a game with an enormous freezing problem and not our computers, as we are running all makes and models and operating systems and coming up with the same problem.

PLEASE tell me the devs are working on this? And when is a new version or patch going to become available???

I'm about ready to ask for a refund. I'm pretty disgusted at this point, not so much about the problem with the game (doo-doo happens) as with your responses that it has to be our computers. You know as well as I that it would not be so widespread if it were a computer problem. We're not dumb, we look for new drivers, do all the stuff that you talk about on your help pages and try running as administrator BEFORE we contact you. PLEASE stop insulting our intelligence by having us run in circles instead of just coming out and saying, "Hey, there's a bug and we're working on it!"

Thank you.

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 9:56:51 PM PST

[Post New]by perennially on May 31, 13 5:34 AM
bella81762 wrote:
kimberelf wrote:
bella81762 wrote:error access violation, in the 1st part of the unlimited mode...

same here, on trying to find a snowflake in one of the rooms.

yup thats exactly what mine was, tried usinf fairy, hint, and nothing no work around for this i fear...hopefully a new build is made

Exactly the same problem with using hint or fairy in the tower as there is no sign of the snowflake. Access violation 0x00A6FCIC. Using Win 7.

Are the devs working on a fix? It's a great game otherwise.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 31, 13 5:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums because while I would love to do more for you, they can provide more in depth support and also can offer some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

KAY21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by KAY21 on May 31, 13 5:48 AM
I've already been for the 'personalized' help by writing to the tech team and sending a Dr. Felix report as well as a screen shot. Very sweet lady, but all she did was tell me the same stuff again. Run as admin, uninstall/reinstall, update drivers. This after telling her all that was already done.

I don't fault her, she probably has a form letter she sends out.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on May 31, 13 7:14 AM
i keep getting error violation some long number ,& then freeze please fix as i have done all the other normal un install re install blah blah i really am liking this game

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 31, 13 8:47 AM
well since absolutly noting official is coming from the dev, or bfg about a fix,, i think it may be time we ask for a refund.....one can only be so patient...

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 31, 13 9:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with a bit of advice!

bella81762: If the issue is unable to be resolved and you've already worked with our Tech Support on it, please be sure to contact them once again to let them know that you'd like to explore some other options for the game!

msdawn01: That Error Violation message could indicate that the game doesn't have the correct permission from the system to run. I would try running the game as an administrator, which you can find instructions for through the following blue link:

Run Game as an Administrator

KAY21: Thanks so much for already working with our Technical Support Team on this! Please be sure to write back in to let them know that those steps did not help, and they will provide some new troubleshooting steps to try!

If you continue having trouble with the game please be sure to reach out to Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left so that one of our Reps can work with you directly to get this sorted out!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on May 31, 13 9:50 AM
I'm in the sixth chapter...and as others have experienced, 'Access Violation' for me too in the Art Room when clicking on the area with the small box...tried many times...always shut down. This is my first problem...except for the irritating cursor that I finally gave up on.

Teddy

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 31, 13 9:52 AM
So are you saying definitely that the developers are not looking into doing a fix for the game? It would be nice to know so that I can either give up hope of waiting for a fix and get a refund, or wait patiently for the fix to surface some time in the future.

I really hope the developers will consider doing a fix because I want to be able to play the game and not really ask for a refund. If I can play all the latest games that have been released recently, like the ones from Blue Tea, ERS, etc without any problems on my pc, what is in this particular game that makes it impossible to play?

I would be grateful for a reply.

Edited on 05/31/2013 at 10:08:52 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 31, 13 10:06 AM
Hey Teddyfish,

If you haven't tried running the game as an administrator yet just click on the blue text below for instructions:

Run Game as an Administrator

If this doesn't help one of our Reps will be happy to work with you one on one to get that resolved! Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

barregar: The developer is definitely looking into these issues, and we are continuing to pass along the information they need for this. However we're unaware of if they will complete one, or what the timeline for that will be. But if you get in touch with Customer Support they will be happy to help with the possible options for the game!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 31, 13 10:11 AM
Thank you so much for the reply bfglzara. I will wait patiently for a fix.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on May 31, 13 1:57 PM
i did that , i am just going to swim patiently with other fishes like me & hope for a fix

[Post New]by hersheychapman on Jun 2, 13 7:19 AM
My game appears to have stopped working. I am stuck between the magic classroom and the sleeping quarters, I have all my gems and have found all the HO. When I click on the hint button, it directs me to the other location so it just keeps sending me back and forth. I have asked for game help in the forum and gone through the walkthrough and don't feel I am missing anything so I think it's a technical glitch. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game. Any suggestions?

Dixie

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 13 7:47 AM
hershey,,that happened to me....visit each close up scene, and try using your inventory items dont remember you exact location,, but it worked for me

mods....any word yet on a patch?

[Post New]by bonj100 on Jun 2, 13 6:58 PM
I've been trying for an hour to get past the art hall. Every time I enter it and click on the box on the table at the right the game either freezes or gives me an access violation. My computer is completely up to date on Flash, Direct X and video drivers. I tried running it as administrator, no luck. I tried running it in compatibility mode, still no luck. Love the game but it's useless to me at this point.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Jun 4, 13 5:34 PM
Have the game developers made any progress with a fix? It would be nice to get updates from them to show they haven't forgotten us now that they have our money.

[Post New]by bookgirl62 on Jun 5, 13 6:19 AM
Ah, Captain ... it would be a courtesy if we were updated. I thoroughly enjoyed my gameplay with this release. Until I got to the Art Hall. And as Kay21 pointed out, ALL of our computers are not malfunctioning at once with this game. This is a coding/software issue that needs to be quickly addressed.

And unfortunately today, I bought yet another game from BFG that has a coding glitch near the end that does not allow completion of the game. But what I did learn from this second unpleasant experience is that members do email the developers and are updated by at least some developers on patches/fixes/re-releases.

The other option is to ask for a refund; we all know that money talks. The fixes for glitches used to occur fairly rapidly, but I wonder if all the new business ventures of Big Fish have diverted resources from the loyal core customer - the original downloaders and CD buyers that brought this company to it's current blockbuster success. Just a thought.

Although I rarely post, I read everything that members have posted for several years and my advice is to read the technical issues thread in the Games Forum for any game that you are interested in purchasing before you buy. (And I should take my own advice!)

Moderators, could you please update us?

bambi4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bambi4 on Jun 5, 13 2:30 PM
I work in retail and with the amount of common complaints for this game a product recall would now be in place, please get this sorted soon or give us all credit,

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 6, 13 4:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you are all having trouble with this game.

There are some issue with this game that we are currently working hard to fix.

To assist with this, it would be great if you could write in to Tech Support so we can keep on tracking this issue? That would really help!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can via the Forums such as replacing the game if you would understandably, prefer to play another.

Finally, should be have any update on this game, we will let you know first thing I assure you.

Thanks again!

bfgBaikal

Go to: