Developer Corner

Re:Developer Corner

[Post New]by squishyD on Jun 1, 13 1:12 AM
Not sure yet about this game. It seems fun from the few minutes that I played but I am unable to go into full screen mode and it's so tiny in window mode. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall. Hopefully this will fix the problem because I don't want to have bought a game that I'm unable to play!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 1, 13 3:29 AM
katelynn58 wrote:Still waiting on a response to my questions after your first response to me please. Thank you....

katelynn58 wrote:"Thank you Katelynn for kind words ! We are really excited .

Yes there is a still few glitches left after 8 months of testing , that really killing me
I am really sorry. Tar tape is not important anymore . But because of that hint system stack on that place. We will fix all that small glitches in next update.

If you have: gun, 6 bullets, a rasp . The question is did you find cipher wheels in the stair in the house. There is third wheel in the cave , go to the right from waterfall pass the wooden bridge and there is a little metal door . You have to find 5 peaces to open that door. Than you will pick up third wheel.

cheers!"

I had found all the cipher wheels and completed that puzzle except for the key, which I have not yet found. I also need to figure out what to do with the code for gold and Number 1.
Other than these two tasks, I'm not sure what is left. What do I do with the rasp? Where is the key for the cipher wheel? If I knew these, maybe I could move forward from the circular hint at the boat.

Thank you for responding.

Hi katelynn58,

I am so sorry for delay , I missed your post somehow . Anyway as far as I can see you finished decipher puzzle and you have solution .When you exit from cipher puzzle scene , you will stay in-front that door pick up the gun and click on the scene. Fill the gun with bullets and shoot to make hole . Then you will get sign . Use rasp to open tile and there you are.

Thank you very much for playing our game, and I am sorry again for delay,

Best wishes,
Afan

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on Jun 2, 13 3:39 AM
Hello Developer,
I was very happy to get the hammer back, and have got a lot far in the game.

I now have cepher whell small and large, gun, rasp and a circle with abc and so on.

I have to cross a bridge and have put all the planks on it, and the hints tell me to go
that way, but the game dont allow it (lock). There is nothing else I can do,
I do like this game and hope to be able to finish it.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 2, 13 5:46 AM
xapa wrote:Hello Developer,
I was very happy to get the hammer back, and have got a lot far in the game.

I now have cepher whell small and large, gun, rasp and a circle with abc and so on.

I have to cross a bridge and have put all the planks on it, and the hints tell me to go
that way, but the game dont allow it (lock). There is nothing else I can do,
I do like this game and hope to be able to finish it.

Hi xapa,

Thank you for your patience and for playing our game.It is nice to see that you get the hammer back and that you already made great progress in the game so far. If you can't cross the bridge that means that you didn't put all wooden planks. You need 8 planks in total. you have to search all locations on the right side form the bridge .

best wishes,
Afan

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on Jun 2, 13 11:06 AM
Tank you, found it in the very last room, just in front of me. I ought to have seen it before I asked.
I do like this game, its speciel

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Jun 2, 13 11:14 AM
I quit. challenging is one thing, aimlessly walking around in circles is another.I have claw hammer, rasp, and both cypher wheels. Can't fix bridge!!!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 2, 13 2:12 PM
pilimai729 wrote:I quit. challenging is one thing, aimlessly walking around in circles is another.I have claw hammer, rasp, and both cypher wheels. Can't fix bridge!!!

Hi pilimai729,

It looks to me that you didn't find some wooden planks, all of them are in few scenes,
on the right side from waterfall .
We made walktrough and you can find it on our site , there is info about:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/248154.page

cheers!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 2, 13 2:15 PM
xapa wrote:Tank you, found it in the very last room, just in front of me. I ought to have seen it before I asked.
I do like this game, its speciel

Great xapa, It is really great to see that you like the game. You are giving us strength to make better games.

Thank you very much!

Afan

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Jun 2, 13 3:38 PM
I have reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled, rinse and repeat, several times. I am directed to what I imagine must be a HOS near a chair in the room with the fireplace and safe...but ALAS no HOS. Several times I have done this and nothing. This game is exasperating because the hints don't do anything but point you into a direction. There is no indication of what is to take place once you get there. I am totally stuck. At this point, I am going to uninstall and move on. A game should never been released in this state FOR ANY reason. We are paying members on this site and deserve better than to spend a Sunday afternoon in frustration!

asccsa
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by asccsa on Jun 4, 13 12:35 PM
Hi afan : where I can find the key for cipher puzzle ? The hit tell me nothing. Thanks in advance

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 4, 13 5:26 PM
Hello, Developer. I had so looked forward to playing this game, but alas, I have just had to ask for a replacement game coupon because it has crashed twice and when I restarted, I was at the very beginning with no information saved. This was very disappointing, because I've been waiting for this game since December when I did a Beta. I'll be watching this forum to see if a new version is ever available. I want to find out what happens to the girl and I liked the idea of those riddles!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 5, 13 8:53 AM
jennsmom wrote:Hello, Developer. I had so looked forward to playing this game, but alas, I have just had to ask for a replacement game coupon because it has crashed twice and when I restarted, I was at the very beginning with no information saved. This was very disappointing, because I've been waiting for this game since December when I did a Beta. I'll be watching this forum to see if a new version is ever available. I want to find out what happens to the girl and I liked the idea of those riddles!

Hi jennsmom,

I am really, really sorry . I hardly want to help you . There is new update which will solve some problems with bedroom puzzle . But that issue we really didn't have before ! I don't understand what is going on , the game should never lost the progress. It is probably machine specific issue.
Thank you very much and I am really sorry for inconvenience.

Best wishes!

Afan

deerod2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by deerod2 on Jun 7, 13 6:55 AM
I love this game, really cool, one of the better ones. I buy lots of games, this one is at the top of my list as favorite. I am really stuck can' find torch. Hints takes me to side of house going towards the boat, it looks like a shed but when i click on HO, stated to foggy. I need the torch to melt tar. Been to cemetary, house, garden, basement Please help!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 7, 13 12:12 PM
deerod2 wrote:I love this game, really cool, one of the better ones. I buy lots of games, this one is at the top of my list as favorite. I am really stuck can' find torch. Hints takes me to side of house going towards the boat, it looks like a shed but when i click on HO, stated to foggy. I need the torch to melt tar. Been to cemetary, house, garden, basement Please help!

Hi Tank you it is really great to see that you like our game, thank you for your kindness !

As far as I see if the fog is still there , that means that you didn't complete everything to progress further. Sometimes the Hint don't show next step . Did you found the secret place behind the map in the cellar? If not , use claw hammer on map in the cellar , you have to find the message there.

Also there is info about walktrough . WT can possibly help you to find if you miss something !

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/248154.page#5310859

thank you!

Afan

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 3:02:56 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 7, 13 3:16 PM
Hi Afan

I just want to thank you for a great game. It has taken me a while to get through it as I play on hardcore so no hints. There are so few games around which are challenging and this one was perfect for me. So once again thank you for giving my brain a workout and I'm looking forward to your next game

Rumbi

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 7, 13 4:10 PM

I asked 'Will this fix the missing HOG in the bedroom?' and you replied that will be in the next fix.

But alete59 above said they installed new update and it did'nt work for bedroom HOG and you've told them:

Hi aleta59 ,

In that case that probably is not because of glitch could you please post more details in Developer Corner , what do you have in Inventory ? I will be happy to help you there.

best

Afan

This all my details

I have in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer. I've done everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling. I still can't get the HOG scene in bedroom. I've found 4 gnomes, fireplace, toilet,behind map and grave. I have put tar on boat and oar on boat. But hint still takes me back to the bedroom and tells me to 'open HO scene' and circles at side of bed but there is nothing there. I've already been there and light is lit and I opened box under window. I've done HOG at small shed but can't get the bag on telegraph pole.

I'm confused. Which is it. A glitch or something else.

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 1:12:09 AM PST

elvenstardragon
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! June 4, 2013

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 7, 13 2:08 PM

bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes! This latest version fixes an issue with the hidden object scene in the bedroom.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

This update does NOT fix the HOG in the bedroom. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the update. It did'nt work.

Any idea what I can do next. I'm not the only one with this problem. Will there be a fix for the HOG in the bedroom?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 8, 13 3:01 AM
Hi Fishies!

elvenstardragon - I offered the best help I could for you over here if you would like to check it out.

And just to note that I have made the link to the walkthrough above clickable to make it easier to use.

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Jun 12, 13 5:56 AM
Bravo! Bravo! A diamond in the rough! Thank you for an awesome game!

The challenge is perfect and a lot of fun as quality games were at one time before relying on eye candy. The voice overs fit like a glove into this well written and beautifully drawn mystery.

Interesting story line draws gamer in and melodramatic music keeps gamer literally transfixed, wanting to continue further into solving the mystery that John T. Dawson could not solve and which, ultimately, drove him insane. I am wondering if his waiting 23 years to open the locked box was the beginning of his mental decline.

Playing the game on hardcore and am pleasantly surprised to find it is not that easy. Plays like an adventure game with objects masterfully hidden from view.

Congratulations to GIGANT. Hope to see more games in the near future. Maybe a prequel about Edward Smith and John T. Dawson?

I can see this was a labor of love. Many thanks and much appreciation.
-Mama Mia- Jersey Girl

[Post New]by tankgurl64 on Jun 12, 13 10:42 PM
This started out as a wonderful game, but I've had enough. I've installed and re-installed, changed my character a few times, tried over and over to get through it, but I find I'm unable to finish the game. Can't get the second HOS game in the kitchen cabinet to open, Games are supposed to be fun and challenging, not frustrating and leave one feeling like a guinea pig

This is a real shame, because it was a pretty unique game. II think it was released too soon, more time should have been spent ironing out all the glitches people have been having.
I'm afraid I'll be contacting BF about a replacement credit, and permanently uninstalling this game.

Good luck in the future, Gigant Games.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jun 13, 13 6:22 PM
I have been slowly working my way through this one - taking a long time as the HO scenes (and game in general) is so dark, eyes can only handle so much in one session. Most annoying thing (apart from the darkness) is the inventory, really wish I did not have to click on it every time to bring it up. Also find the voice of the girl and her general reaction to everything really frustrating - can she possibly be as bored as she sounds? I am enjoying the story and the mini-games/puzzles are not too hard but I wish there could be a bit more light..............a map would have been a good idea as well. Maybe on the next game...........

Go to: