bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Post any Namariel Legends: Iron Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 27, 13 4:14 PM
never mind. I figured out what needed to be done.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Aug 28, 13 4:43 PM
I wasn't even able to demo it. (On Mac) I downloaded it and played for a little while, but I had very little control over the cursor, which hung and wavered and baulked. I shut it down and when I tried to come back to it, it closed immediately every time. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it did the same.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 8, 13 7:24 PM
After posting on the forum, plus checking the walkthrough on Youtube, I realized that no matter what I did I couldn't progress past the propeller puzzle. The game just does not allow me to "pick up" the colored propellers and place them in order to advance. This was a "freebie" and I don't like starting games over from the beginning, so I'm just going to let it go. Did want to let your tech people know however.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 20, 13 3:39 PM
I just had the strangest experience with this game. It has always only filled my monitor side-to-side and been too short top-to-bottom. (And I do attempt to keep my drivers updated, so that shouldn't be part of the problem.) Today I had the same issue with the Otherworld games, so I decided to experiment with the Resolution settings. I finally got the Otherworld games to fill the screen properly at 1280 x 1024 (my normal/recommended setting is 1920 x 1080.)

Later I remembered this game and decided to try it at 1280 x 1024. It didn't work. I tried a couple more ratios, setting the Widescreen option both on and off at each different Resolution, with no luck. Finally I got impatient and jumped all the way down to 1024 x 768. It worked!

Then I decided to start moving back up the Resolution scale to see if I could get anything better: up one level worked, up another level worked, up to the 1280 x 1024 which hadn't worked a few minutes earlier--and it worked. So I jumped all the way back to my normal 1920 x 1080 and it worked there also! Weird. Was this a matter of the game not adjusting properly to my monitor, or something to do with my computer or monitor? Did one or the other "learn" to adjust after it was once right? Whether or not it will work tomorrow after I have restarted my computer is another question....

Just to see if that procedure of getting it to work in 1024 x 768 and then switching back up to the 1920 x 1080 would work in another situation, I tried it with the newest Otherworld game trial which still had a few minutes left on it. It did not work--I still had to use 1280 x 1024. So I guess this isn't a possible fix for this situation across other games, but I thought it was worth reporting just for the weirdness factor! I would be interested to hear if anybody else has ever experienced anything similar.

lumimat
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lumimat on Dec 24, 13 11:16 AM
I'm playing this game on Mac and finding it really glitchy and frustrating.

1. The Hint button doesn't work. It only says "nothing to do here", even if I'm in a new room with tons to do. (extra frustrating because there is no walkthrough)

2. A random "grabby hand" will pop up in some places, but there is nothing to pick up or do there.

3. My game cursor frequently disappears and becomes a regular cursor. Sometimes I get both cursors at the same time.

4. In two mini-games, I wasn't able to click on anything and had to exit the game & re-enter it to get it to work.

Minor stuff, but irritating, so thought I'd take a minute to send you feedback.

Go to: